SanMar

SanMar insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

good culture

They really try to help you through out the job! and the Benefits are amazing! The culture is really what I like about it because they understand that people live and work at home so background noise it not too important to them unless the noise is really interfering with your calls!

Pros

culture, friendly employees, opertunitys

Cons

due to corona we have low product which is not normal anyway!

Not worth it

Meh it's ok to get your foot in the door but, the pay is low, the stress is high, and you can expect abuse from every direction. You want this job you better get a good therapist.

Pros

Issurance and work from home options

Cons

Everything Else!

Unrealistic Expectations

Management has unrealistic expectations. They ask for quantity work, rather than quality. Very stressful job that should not be. Coworkers are awesome all throughout the company.

Official response from SanMar

March 23, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Glad to hear you had a great connection with your coworkers. We are actively working on continuing to add people and training to the Inside Sales team to help with efficiency and easing the workload. Thanks again for sharing.

Sanmar offers a great work/life balance and truly cares about their employees. They're constantly adapting to new ideas and encourage innovation. Very blessed.

Official response from SanMar

January 29, 2021
Glad to hear you're enjoying your time with us and appreciate you sharing!

Great facade, but ultimately, they're really just interested in making money

I've been with Sanmar for over half a decade. They barely do just enough to make you think they're a great company.When you first start working at Sanmar, you are told how great it is and how much they care about you. It's drilled into training. Then they show you the cafe that the owners also eat in. They'll give you swag, and take you out for meals and group activities. Then you get into your job, and you find it's micromanaged. There is always something you could be doing better, and that's what they'll focus on. Fast forward and you promote out of training, and 'shocker' the job is not what they said it would be. Instead of helping larger customers build their company, find resources, and partner with them, you're stuck taking sales and service calls. Because of this little detail, it means that they don't have to pay you what you deserve. You may have a fancy title, but HR categorizes you as customer service. So when you actually ask why you're not receiving competitive pay, with a straight face, they tell you that you are receiving pay based on rates for your job. Which is, again, customer service. But there's still good healthcare and people are pretty friendly. Just wait a few months. Your coworkers will start treating you very poorly. They have found the best way to get their job done quickly is to bully and shame you into doing their work for them. Since you're so new, you usually end up doing this. If you bring this to Management, they'll ask why you didn't just do the work. I mean, are you an idiot? Should they 'help' you learn how to manage your time better?  -

Pros

Telecommuting, 401k, Healthcare, FMLA flexibility

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, a 'just deal with it' attitude, soul-sucking

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Backwards culture

Management is inconsistent with feedback. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Rampant sexism goes unchecked. The “company values” only pertain to customers and employees are regularly dehumanized. Requesting help is met with derision and cruelty. The corporate culture is actually you’are going to take it and like it.

Awful pay, impossible expectations.

I took this role almost a year ago, I was given lots of dishonest info about my pay, job requirements, workload,& stats.They demand you do the job of more than 2 employees at all times.Even upon “promotion” they require you to work their sales & services queues as well as manage your own roster.. roasters are typically 100 accounts. Awful job. Awful management. Awful experience.

Wonderful company to work for!

I worked for SanMar for over 10 years. I really loved the people and my client base. I learned a lot of skills in customer service that I carry with me to other jobs today. I think SanMar does a great job in training their employees.

management

Sanmar is a perfect job to get a paycheck with little effort. you answer calls and emails for business owners. Either placing orders or fixing issues with orders. There's isn't any opportunity for advancement unless you are willing to relocate to another state. Management are puppets without any real knowledge or leadership qualities.

Pros

set schedule, average pay, and average benefits

Cons

no potential for advancement.

Offer at home positions

Great job except for micromanagement by some supervisor and stats set without exception. They say customer first, then want you to hard sell products.

great fi you like to work at home

great if you ant to work at home. but you have to have very quiet work space. the benefits were awesome and the managers are great must have great written communication skills.

Account Executive Role

Daily activities, taking incoming calls, manage my accounts, outbound calling, marketing, educating customers on our marketing tools. Team player.Creating flyers, website, virtual images, Power Points.Product Knowledge, assisting customers on any orders or issues in the wearable manufacturing world. Hardest part, getting it all done in one day. Great company , they are family oriented.

Pros

Medical Benefits, 401K, Vacation

Cons

Get time off, but if it is short notice you are on a point system so if you miss work, you get a point.

Work from home

This position is unique in that you can work from home in any state there is a distribution center. However, their company value of being "family oriented" is a farce. They pushed this value throughout the training course (awesome all expense paid training trip to Washington state), but when there is a family emergency, they're quick to let you go. I got fired because my mother had open heart surgery and I needed to take a leave.

Pros

Awesome training and company culture

Cons

Points system attendance without special circumstance

I am not

Giving you any information about sanmar. If you want to know more about sanmar, go there and find out for yourslf. Forcing people to give a review will not make me tell you anything.

Great Place to work

Overall great place to work. Management if very willing to help. Great training to make sure you know how to do your job and what they expect. Large Family Owned Company.

Pros

Telecommute

Cons

Pay

Sales and consultation

Typical day: Taking phone calls from customers. Placing orders on customer behalf. It was rewarding to offer advise and help the customer make money. I was assigned several larger customers, helping them win orders and in some cases making millions in a single order. This was rewarding to see a customer that had been marginal in the past, now a major player. The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring new business.

Pros

Steady, dependable

Cons

General downturns in the economy. My customers did not have that concern

Great location for self startes

At home locations wonderful for a self starter mulit-tsker that can retain the discipline to stay on task. Must be able to manage and help grow a large amounts of accounts as well as be on the general phone lines. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to. placing orders taking calls Resolve order discrepancies Checking inventory Checking pricing Large program requests Assemble bid packages Maintain your own delegated in box as well as cover any out of office team mate. Present marketing tools to help you account grow. Communicate with outside Territory/Regional management any possible opportunities with our shared accounts. Credits Track shipments Communicate with assigned accounts via Inbound/Outbound/Emails. Work with team mates to make sure all customers are taken care of. and more....

Pros

Work from home, save money on work apparel and automotive maintenance, Benefits, able to be home with family when shift is over

Cons

staying in the house all the time, Feeling of disconnect at times, No real person to person communications

Account Executive for northwest clothing manufacturer

I worked as an account executive/customer service rep. SanMar sells blank goods such as t-shirts, jackets, caps, sweatshirts and polos to companies that embroider or screen print them for schools, events, organizations and employers. This was business to business sales, promoted through catalogs, the outside sales reps and the larger accounts working with an assigned account executive. I promoted new product and grew sales, managed 100 personal accounts and achieved quarterly bonuses for sales growth. I was a telecommuter for about 3 1/2 of my 4 1/2 years of employment. I spoke to most of my accounts on a daily or weekly basis, asking questions and learning about their customers and needs in order to enhance their own businesses. My training was extensive and ongoing to provide exceptional customer service to all customers with emphasis on problem solving and relationship building, as well as expounding on new products.

Pros

Excellent training, working from home, quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Very busy work days.

Phenomenal Culture

SanMar is an amazing, family owned company that manages to feel like small family company even though there are now thousands of employees. Hourly salary caps are low and incentives to move up are limited, but the company treats its employees well and SanMar is a great place to work.

Pros

work from home

Cons

low pay

Good place to learn sales. Lots of good training

Entry-level sales job with room for growth, if you can put in the effort and more important the time. Training process lasts one year. Yes, I said one year, and its relatively low pay during that year. After that, other jobs open up if you're ambitious.

Best company I have ever worked for.

I am account executive in training, about to be promoted. I LOVE this company and the position I hold. It may not be for everyone, it takes patience, professionalism and just common sense. The owners are super down to earth and friendly, they have lunch with us everyday. The ability to work from home is incredible. They provide all equipment and make sure you are well trained and comfortable enough asking for help when you need it. I can see with reading the reviews that the majority of the negativity is coming from the warehouse staff. I do not know how they treat their workers, but I do know they are improving many areas in the warehouses. If it makes a difference, I plan on retiring with this company. They truly care about their employees and are very family oriented. If you can get your foot in the door- consider yourself lucky. They are honestly amazing people to work for.

Pros

cafe, mothers room, healthcare plans, family environment

Cons

hard workers may only apply :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SanMar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare SanMar with

Career recommendations for Account Executive

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • SanMar