Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 650 reviews matching the search See all 1,548 reviews
I enjoy the group of people that I work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2019
The pay is not up to par and there is little to no opportunity to advance or promote up from your current role in the company. I would not recommend this company.
Productive and fun work place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 10, 2019
Working at sanmina ,was a great work place. working with the team,
I really enjoyed . Fast pace work environment with high mix low volume builds. worked with engineers. to produce computer generated colored prints
Ok place to work
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 9, 2019
It is an ok place to work but do not try to make a career out of it. There is a lot of turnover. The work can be monotonous. Most of the people were nice.
Pros
Reliable work
Cons
No real room to advance
fun working envierment
Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 3, 2019
day starts with meeting and going in to regular purchasing cycle.
buying pulling pushing ect.
some customer had old product which had obsolete part and need to find from either broker or over seas.
working at Sanmina was pleasure experience nice group of people who help each other.
Pros
nothing
Cons
health insurance is high
Overall okay place to work. Loved my coworkers.
Material handeler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2019
Okay place to work. They always have ot. Worked long hours with little to no breaks. Some of the people are kinda rude but there are awesome people that also work there.
Good working environment.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha County, WIMarch 30, 2019
I loved working at Sanmina and I enjoyed the employees. The management was excellent and I learned a lot about working on the assembly line. The working environment was really good.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Short breaks
The work experience, was very good , fun and diversity, with friendly people
System Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103March 26, 2019
Very good environment, area and friendly peaple and good comunication with the supervisor very clean area to take your lunch, and the schedule, are very flexible
Pros
They have a coffe machine, and food machine that provide
Great Company to work for
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Sanmina. I had a wonderful mentor who was instrumental in introduced me to the various areas of the department to assist in my development. I'm grateful for my time with the company and the experience I built.
Pros
Great Management and Strong company values
Cons
Not a good place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2019
If you like to work hard for way too many hours, little money and never be respected this is the place for you. I advise anyone who will listen to never work for or do any business with this company.
Pros
Low Pay
Cons
Managment
It wasnt a bad job.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2019
Very okay hours on weekend 3rd shift.I left for better pay. People there were alright co workers, its a place for training not a carrer, plus I was the only material handler on my shift.
Pros
No lunches provided but employee dine as group eatings.
Cons
They vary.
Work hard with no benefits
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMarch 1, 2019
Work hard with no raise in 12 years , miss manged , the people were great and liked the job I had as far as the company it self and management not a good company
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
i got to make a few friends
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 1, 2019
as soon as I arrived, I had to go over production schedule for my customers. if anything was off, I would make notes and be ready for scheduling meeting an hour later.
Pros
my pay was great and great benefits
Cons
no cons
Could be better
Quality Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 1, 2019
Pay tends to be lower, benefits are average. I did get the freedom to make improvements, assisted in getting lean manufacturing techniques through green belt and black belt program
Stay away
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Stay a way. I have been working a year with the staffing company and Sanmina hasn't hire me on yet. The process to be hire on take over a year. The pay such and you will never get a raise.
Very Fast pace
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2019
A typical day at work started with scheduling PMs.
Schedualing contractors., Following up on completed work orders. Special projects such as relocating equipment and installing new equipment. Purchasing spare parts and tracking parts ordered. Meet with management on a daily basis.
Pros
Stock purchase plan, 401k
Cons
On call 24/7
WARNING - Avoid this company
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 16, 2019
I was excited to work for Sanmina at first but quickly realized that this is not a company I wanted to work for, and I honestly don't like having their name on my resume. Many time I have had hiring managers in interviews say negative things about them which puts me in an a awkward situation trying not to agree.

If you take a job there WATCH YOUR BACK because your managers will throw you under the bus the first chance they get. The culture is eat or be eaten. During my time here I have seen many people get let go for things they where not involved in.

One my coworkers told her subordinate that it was ok for them to work remotely occasionally in-front of me. One day her subordinate was fired and I just learned it was because he was following the instructions of his manager. The sucky thing is she was the one who conducted the investigation against him after HR said something, and just let this kid get fired for time fraud (Which he did not do) and permanently tarnished his reputation because she it a terrible person. She would of gotten a slap on the wrist most likely but he was fired. This is the company culture in a nut shell.

If you want to see how poorly the employees are treated just look up the lawsuits brought against Sanmina from the current and past employees, there is a staggering amount.

Do yourself and your career a favor and wait for the next opportunity
Pros
Cons
Terrible benefits, Management does not care about you, the culture is toxic, Its every man/woman for themselves
Very Poor Job Application Process
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2019
After completing the lengthy job application online for an assembler position, the last page of this process informed me I was not qualified.

I have a number of assembly certifications, am an American citizen and a veteran with a perfect background and security cleared. But Sanmina automated application process tells me I'm not qualified.

Don't bother with this company, you won't make it through the online application. They will, however, send you regular emails about exciting jobs opportunities available through their online application process (where you will be automatically informed you're not qualified).
Avoid at all costs, if you have a choice
engineering executive (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2019
I am not a review writing type. I was recently approached by someone who was considering working for Sanmina. He recommended that I write a review so others can be cautioned.

I worked for a division then called Newisys (was acquired by Sanmina and integrated into Sanmina years ago). I believe this is now called Viking services. This was known as the enterprise storage and compute division of Sanmina. This is a terrible place to work for outside of work/life balance which was good. The management here is the worst I have seen in my career. They lied to me at the time of my recruitment in terms of their profitability, their product and financial outlook, market acceptance, and internal culture and issues. This company had not handed out a bonus for years. And people were leaving as soon as the economy improved and there were better jobs outside in Colorado. People were leaving at regular intervals, putting enormous strain on the people who stayed since there were no backfills for the people who left. This division was led poorly and had lost money entire time it was part of Sanmina. This division is managed by some of the worst management I have seen in my career. That is not a hyperbole or exaggeration. And the financial results and the fact that people were leaving in droves can easily be attributed to this bad management, despite a reasonably capable workforce.

If a recruiter from this company calls you claiming all kinds of rosy outlook for this division (or for that matter the whole company) please run the other way, if you have a choice. The recruiter openly lied
  more... to me along with senior management. These are professional liars.  less
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Everything else. Bad management, bad culture, bad employee morale, bad compensation and benefits, deceitful management and environment
Sanmina is great place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 3, 2019
I would recommend this job to college students it can be a bit chaotic when there is a lack of communication in/with management. At times I find myself taking on a lead role.
Poorly Managed and Incredibly Monotonous
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 29, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, it simply wasn't an incredibly memorable experience and every day seems just incredibly punishing for what we're asked to do. On top of everything the management and overall atmosphere doesn't contribute to the very tame work environment.
Pros
Hours, Consistency, and Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Mismanagement, Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight