Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 617 reviews matching the search See all 1,453 reviews
Fast paced manufacturing company
Buyer (Purchasing) (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 16, 2018
Sanmina is a very fast paced company. They could improve in several areas such as better pay and benefits also management. Work on better treatment of employees to create a less stressful work environment. Need more team building encouragement and more over company integrity.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Great Corporation
Field IT Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 14, 2018
we were acquired by this corporation and they helped me develop my career as an IT support person from help desk to field technician and I even did some programming and everybody was a team. The manager was very patient give us Direction at all times.
Behind in the tim
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WINovember 7, 2018
Behind on the times. Old machines working towards new ones. Just going to the scientific molding side of things. Upper management, tool room and maintenance need to go to class and understand scientific molding
Pros
Have a good engineering team
Cons
Do not like to give raises
Very Fast Paced
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2018
I worked for Sanmina for over 19 years total, and most of the people including upper management were helpful and the compensation was good. Hardest part of the job was the different personalities that sometimes clash. Because it's a fast paced working environment, there was never enough time to finish all your work.
Pros
free lunches, some travel
Cons
not enough time to finish tasks
Mediocre
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WINovember 4, 2018
Sanmina in Turtle Lake is average at best. I enjoyed the people I worked with especially on my shift. However there is high chaos and you never know if you'll be sent home due to lack of work or if you'll be expected to do the work of 2 people because they're shorthanded.

Benefits, insurance, paid time off are about the same as any other manufacturing employer in the county. If you can pass a drug and background test then you can definitely do better.

Retirement is a joke. They say they match up to 3% but if you read the fine print, the company contribution is capped at $125/quarter ($500/year). Almost everyone else offers better than that.
Pros
Free coffee, good stepping stone into literally anything else in the industry
Cons
No raises in years, high turnover, no job security for operators
Inconsistent, low wages, no opportunity
Electrical Test Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 3, 2018
Poor training. Bad maintenance. Very low wages. Too little Breaks.
Pros
Medical Insurance
No review
Estimator/Production Planner (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2018
This is inappropriate to require the review of a former employer to be able to post a resume. This has no bearing on my looking for a job. Please do not make this a requirement.
Productive and fun workplace because of people that works in there are very nice
LPI OPERATOR (PLANARIZER) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2018
Typical day at work - Always have tons of things to do everyday so there is no time to slack.

I learned a lot of things at work like on how to measured the copper
just to make sure that i am not going to over planarized the circuit board

The hardest part of my job is training new hires
because it is really hard for some individual to learn how to used the machine
no friendly people
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 28, 2018
I didn't like the people cause they were so many people favorism each other and many them had attitude and no vacations ,make u work hard and faster make sure all the work is done. they dont care if you are sick or not they make u work
Pros
they have cafe that we pay
Cons
30 mins lunch and 15 mins break
Great Place to work
Vice President, Ops Excellence and Asset Mgmnt (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 27, 2018
I worked here for 20 years. I decided to move to dental business but really really was hard for me to leave. If I could I would go back and work for them again. They treated me with respect and dignity
Acceptable working conditions. Very low pay. Minimal training.
Stockroom Manager- acceptable working conditions (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 25, 2018
Acceptable working conditions. Very low pay. Minimal training. Very little opportunity for advancement. The working environment was fairly low-key, as long as quotas were met. Most, but not all, levels of management were of a good nature, however, some were patronizing to their favorites, sometimes at the expense of other employees.
GREAT Place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYOctober 24, 2018
I loved my job there. I worked the aux. shift and still could get 2 more days of O.T and still have 2 days off. It was wonderful. I was a quick learner and moved around to every area in the department. I became a temp.back-up teamleader.
Pros
good pay
Cons
closed down
Contract manufacturer focused on growing that business
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 19, 2018
risk adverse company going through Sr. leadership change. Focused on growing existing business and struggling to develop new lines of business for the future.
This is by far the worst job ive ever had.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 19, 2018
Sanmina west valley city is horrible
The management doesn't know what they're doing. They hire people to lead the production floor that have no idea what to do and always seem to make a bad situation worse.

No structure ,all the supervisors are clowns except for test. Qa is a joke with vicious backbiting that goes on there daily with no real structure or skills.
The HR person is biased and unprofessional .
All the managers are rude and need to get extensive training on how to manage people.
Constantly lies to costumers about when product will be out the door
Plant manager needs to retire and take the whole front office with him.
Pros
Cons
Everything, its a dead end job
Heavy handed management
Copper line operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYOctober 13, 2018
As a blue collar worker, I watched as mgmt chipped away at bonuses, shift premiums, and all other perks for hourly workers. When one dept was forced to work mandatory overtime and complained about it, they put the entire plant on mandatory 20 per week overtime. I once worked 17.5 hrs OT one week, leaving early one day due to having the flu, and got written up for missing 2.5 hrs OT.
They also couldn't figure out how to reduce preventable scrap. News flash- treat people like dirt and they will stop caring.
Mgmt seems to believe ( like a lot of mgmt does in business), that if you can manage a donut shop, then you can manage a factory. Case in point, the Owego, New York plant proves that you can manage it right out of business. They come in the door showing us their charts and graphs, and 2 years later, they are gone and nothing has changed.
I've been in retail and property mgmt for 10 years prior, so I can see both sides of the mgmt/labor issues. Too bad Sanmina cannot.
Pros
Overtime when available.
Cons
Sometimes OT is mandatory.
Good place to work if you dont like change.
Accounting Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2018
Overall Sanmina is a relaxed environment with nice people. Once you learn what you need to know, which will not take long, your days will be predictable and low-stress. Flexible hours, below-market pay with little opportunity for advancement with poor benefits is the major down-point.
Pros
Flexible working hours, low pressure environment, good job security
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Lots of shouting and screaming
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 11, 2018
This is the first place i have ever worked where it was standard practice to shout and scream at coworkers. Very unprofessional...

And my boss' favorite pep talk was "This is not a democracy, i am the dictator. You do what i say or you'll be sorry."
Pros
Lots of heavy equipment
Cons
Incompetent management
No job security
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT AND RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIOctober 11, 2018
I wouldn't recommend Sanmina if you are looking for a stable job. They have massive lay offs all the time. Some of the upper management crew was very rude. I don't want to say that my experience was all bad, as there are some great people at this company.
non-competitive
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 8, 2018
As a Contract Manufacturer, Sanmina-Fremont provides quite high quality sheet metal components and assemblies.

Customer commitments are often not met due to too few resources to manage the workload.

The Sanmina has difficulty attracting high level Product Development Engineering talent due to below market salaries

Compensation and benefits are not competitive with many other companies in the bay area.

Company lags in updating infrastructure and adopting latest tools in managing programs or the overall business.
Pros
High quality products and manufacturing
It was an OK place to work, but had to work around hazardous chemicals
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 27, 2018
It was a fast paced job and I worked within a group of about 5 people. We all addressed the jobs as they came up and helped each other out when necessary. It was swing shift which allowed me the day to take care of personal business.
Pros
I had a good group of guys that I worked with
Cons
I had to work with hazardous chemicals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight