Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 571 reviews matching the search See all 1,354 reviews
wish they cared more then they did
Dry Film Outer layer inspector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
2102 when i started we had 20hrs overtime that they told us was mandatory. we were also told that the more we learned and certified in different areas we would get raises . never happened ! But being said i loved what i did and enjoyed my co-workers and majority of my managers and supervisors. very sad the owego plant had to close.
Pros
co- workers
Cons
lost job due to poor management ( my opinion and others )
Depends on Where
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 11, 2018
Sanmina is a large company. The culture and environment varies wildly within departments and between locations.I was in some amazing groups and I was in some that should have been shut down.
It was an ok job.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2018
It was an ok job. The only problem was, they were slow alot of times getting the product out. So we had too much down time. My paychecks for some reason never made it overthe $350 mark. Other than that its was ok.
Interesting work place
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2018
A typical work day at Sanmina is very stressful and always interesting. We have to stay on top of our duties and responsibilities to be efficient.Guard tours have to be on point and done deligently. We are working with people from all walks of life and sometimes this can be demanding. The overall work environment is safe and we as security officer ensure the environment is secure at all times.When issues do present themselves we are there to rise to the occasion. Th
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
hard to keep employees
Do Not Approve!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
I would not recommend Sanmina Corporation to anyone unless they just want a job really quick and desperate for money because they do not pay well at all.
Fast paced
SMT Operator/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 9, 2018
My experience at sanmina was fun and educational. I was an SMT operator and machine operator. The work wasn't hard at all. Quiet air conditioned atmosphere. Very friendly coworkers. Overall nice place to work.
Pros
The cafeteria was good.
Cons
The pay could be more.
Workplace in the office, not the production floor.
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 7, 2018
The tasks for a program administrator is mainly to run reports. PA's use the data systems of Oracle and Aglie. The training is poor and could be recreated to help future employees. New employees have to learn as you go, and unfortunately you also learn by making mistakes. The staff is very helpful, and patient when it comes to new employees. . Management is nice and easy to work with.The management is sometimes over whelmed and they do not delegate very well. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling welcomed everyday and having nice people to work with and for.
Pros
breaks
Cons
healthcare
good place to work
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2018
-I worked at Sanmina more than a year and I feel happy to work there, I learned more new machines but work out side production floor was too much politic.
No its not fun, but its a great place to work
Computer pc boards assembly and wave soldering (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 5, 2018
Sanmina is a friendly and a good environmental place to work. At Sanmina the work is not to hard to do, but is everyone's responsibility to do the best and work safely and handle material with care, and do the best of your knowledgement to do what is so call quality assurance.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
15 minutes breaks
great place to work need to keep equipment updated and repaired employees deserve raises
AOI Operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYJuly 3, 2018
fast paced good environment work well with co-workers managers work with employees employees work well with each other and management benefits are good
Pros
overtime avaiable
Cons
no raises in atleast 15 yrs
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2018
love the people as well as the customer base. This company has been good to me and my family. Very interesting mix of customers and dally opportunities for success in the job.
Pros
people
benefits
Sanmina
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2018
no real support from management they want you to do more with less and is very difficult to add headcount even when its a valid request, management does not have a firm hold on the facility issue are brushed off will try harder next time mentality
Pros
Cons
no real leadership in management
Formerly HADCO company was acquired by Sanmina
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYJune 27, 2018
I loved working for HADCO and Sanmina. We had great parties for both family with children in the summer at a picnic with rides and a holiday party for adults and movies for the kids.

The company paid bonuses for staff quarterly and annually if we made all the quarters for productions goals. I worked a lot of overtime during the week.

Benefits were great so were the people.
When the tech market crashed, I was one of very few allowed to stay on and work in two departments on my weekend shift. Everyone else was laid off.

It was a great place to work that focused on safety and staff appreciation. The plant I worked at is no longer in operation in Owego NY.
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses
Cons
Stay away as a Engineer at a Contract Mfg'ing Co.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2018
This is a cheap Contact Mfg'ing Company. Product quality is awful.

Ok salary to start but no annual increases. Subpar benefits for high tech engineers, no 401K match, High Deductible Health Plan. Benefits get more expensive each year.

Poor Morale.

Outdated and broken equipment.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Poor Benefits for high tech engineering co.
Challenging
Confidential (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 23, 2018
Typical of Contract Manufacturing, people are working in a very lean environment with long work hours. There appears to be significant turn-over and a lack of training for new hires. .
Pros
Great location (Silicon Valley)
Cons
No performance reviews, raises, Management appears over whelmed
Enjoyed the present position that I currently was assigned.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYJune 23, 2018
My position at Sanmina was one of that, when I reported to work I know what needed to be done and that my management was aware that I was able to quickly determine and to apply what was needed to complete task in a timely with quality output.
Pros
Within fifteen minutes drive
Cons
going out of business
Not a Positive Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 22, 2018
In the Enclosures division, it wasn't a positive environment.
The senior management was challenging, we had no idea what the mission or objectives were, and people were laid off monthly. It was hard to build a team environment in this situation, and it was an 'every man for himself" style environment.

I hired for 1 job & on day 1, was given something totally different. We had monthly lay offs, then my position was eliminated prior to the division sale. Only 2% of the supply chain staff remained after 3 months. I took the job following the challenges after 9/11, so I needed work.
Pros
A modern facility, nice teammates
Cons
No one knew the mission statement, lots of chaos & unsettled personnel
Daily workload
Purchasing Card Admin/AP Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2018
I was selected to be the first PCard Admin when the company started the program. I was instrumental in implementing the program and establishing the guidelines for the Pcard processes. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this project.
Pros
on site food service, on site wellness classes, good place to work
Cons
Good benefits
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2018
Regular daily routine. Nothing special at Sanmina Corp. Never give any increase when times for performance review for all staff including production employees. Not very good environment company to work for. one year give employee $25 for Christmas gift instead of Christmas.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great
Chemical waste (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 7, 2018
It great getting a job here it was great meeting new people and they love the way I work in just how I start thanks team team work is always good for business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight