SanStone Health & Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

They do not care about their employees!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sanford,NCSeptember 22, 2018
Understaffed all the time. No communication. Promised 5 days of orientation but only received 1 day. Horrible management. They don’t care about their employees, only looking for warm bodies to fill a hole on the schedule.
Too many chiefs, not enough indians
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 8, 2018
This facility is not what it seems at all. When you first start it seems that everyone is a team and will have your back. Management will not stand behind employees even when they gave the direct order. As soon as there is a complaint, they will throw employees under the bus. No room for advancement as most all higher ups are related or close friends. Regularly understaffed and under apprieciated. And are usually not given the tools to do treatments or give appropriate care to residents. Most of this steams from management, who will quickly overlook numerous issues until brought to the attention of state or residents families, then the blame falls to lower employees. No incentive for weekends like with most facilities, and no incintive bonuses for working extra days/shifts. Benifits are not that great, they no longer offer short term disability, however they do offer a week PTO per 6 months which can be used as sick or vacation time.
Pros
PTO after 6 months, location, will work with school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement, too many higher ups, communication
A company that truly wants to deliver
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 6, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers. I strongly feel as though the company has genuine intentions, however they’re not always delivered or received. Small homelike feel environment. My main concern is that upper management may have the “dream” however turns a blind eye to obvious challenges.
Pros
Environment, staff, flexible
Excellent company
RN (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 1, 2018
Not all nursing homes are the same. Sanstone puts money back into the building for renovations and equipment needed for patient care. Yes, this is a business but they have no problems buying anything we need to make our jobs easier and our residents lives better.
Pros
Great pay, excellent support
Cons
Payroll deduction benefits, not paying on our own for supplemental insurance
Sanstone Treats people horrible!
Department Head (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 10, 2018
Sanstone owners/corporate only care about themselves and the bottom line. All they do is fly around in their planes and buy more buildings that they can’t manage. If your not part of their ‘’good ol boys club’’ they will treat you like trash and give you zero support.
Cons
Benefits and culture are horrible.
Stay away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buncombe County, NCJune 15, 2018
Every job has its ups and downs. However, Sandstone has a culture of hiding things and making them look better than what they are on the inside. There people that have worked together for a long time who are friends with the corporate office, and those people get treated well. The rest of you or of the workers mean nothing to them.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
overworked staff,poor patient care
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 14, 2018
On afternoon and night shifts not enough staff to give adequate care let alone good care of residents. This facility rewards Lazy staff and reprimands those who truly care about the patients. The Management will believe demented residents over residents who have all their faculties . Investigation of complaints is a joke the appropriate questions are not asked nor is the appropriate people .
They will fire a good caring employee and let a lazy uncaring employee continue to work . They ignore warnings about potentially dangerous employees until there are repeated injuries of several residents and state is brought in .Then they scramble and try to hide incidents .
The on site management is so disconnected and has such lack of communication as well as hostility it is counterproductive.
Pros
location
Cons
poor pay, poor patient care, poor management
It’s a job
Ex cna (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2018
It’s not something I could have continued to do at Village Green. You appreciate for what you do. Residents can be amazing along with most the nurses. But when it comes to management they were just there.
Run Away!
Ex Employe (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 22, 2018
Their facilities are typically not in compliance so the State is there constantly. They are really good at hiring people for a particular job and then switching their job duties once they are hired. There’s no formal training or support; and corporate is quick to fire people to make themselves look better. Their corporate staff have no idea what they are doing and can’t answer any questions that you have because they have no idea what they are doing. They don’t give you an employee handbook so you don’t know any of their policies.Their reputation is so low that if they do anything outstanding, your expectations can be slightly raised. There's nothing good about this company-- run away!!!
Pros
The management changes so quickly that you won’t need to remember any names.
Cons
Poor management, useless corporate staff, pay and benefit sucks
what I learned
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 10, 2018
I have been a CNA for 6 years and all nursing homes are the same. This one is no different. You are under staffed and over worked. the pay is average.
Great teamwork
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granite Falls, NCJanuary 23, 2018
Everyone works together and there is great leadership!!! I loved working at Hickory Falls and they worked with my school schedule. Great benefits and they let you a weeks vacation after being employed for 6 months.
Pros
Staffing and managers
Overall very good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 27, 2017
Worked here for a few months between going to school full time. They worked with my schedule mostly and had a good training program. The facility is very nice and has updated equipment.
Pros
Free lunch for orientation days and lunch only $3. Pretty good
Cons
They work part-time folks every weekend (one day) or every other weekend (two days)
Poor working environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 23, 2017
Poor management,they do not value their staff esp staff that has been loyal to them they just let them go,there’s racial discrimination in this company!Other staff is overbearing and does not do well on someone that is in charge of them!Noise level is high,work gossip is high,they implement new rules/policies without giving the staff a chance to make a choice!Staff turn overs are fast,you can’t get enough training because staff are incompetent themselves!Poor working environment.
Progressive in Long Term Care
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 23, 2017
Innovative company that cares about quality service and facilities for residents. Excellent rehab services. Owners have worked in the trenches and understand what employees need to be successful.
Pros
Innovative Culture
Cons
Loving and Caring work environment...
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCNovember 28, 2017
Very positive work environment with a focus on work-life balance, and positive feedback. A typical day at work is fast paced and energetic. I have learned to be independent and a quick learner, with sense of encouragement. I love what I do.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Poor Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAOctober 17, 2017
I do not recommend this facility to anyone, they are changing buildings, new building but if they change the management they will always be the same. They give certain residents "special" treatment, as well as certain employees, its all about who you are and who you know
Very Productive and fun. Also good team work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at work is staying busy from the time I get to work til the time I leave. I have a good group of co-workers. They all work as a team and we all accomplish allot in a thoughout the day. The hardest part of my job is when I need a second set of hands to repair something at times and I have no one around at that time.The most enjoyable part of my job are my residents.
Pros
I have an awesome boss. And I enjoy everything about my job.
Cons
The location of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SanStone Health & Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9