Sansum Clinic Employee Reviews

Would return if I could!
Princial Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 17, 2018
Sansum not only provided top notch healthcare to the community but was a a remarkable workplace. So long as you prove your work ethic, growth opportunity is at your disposal.
I had the good fortune of working within the clinical information systems department where we had a laid back, yet very productive work environment. The management team supported a healthy work/life balance and overall they felt like family at work.
The majority of the team was highly educated, but that wasn't the end all or be all which was refreshing being that human beings aren't cookie cut outs.
The benefits were great, salary was competitive and again, they took pride in patient care and their outcomes.
I was proud to work there and I miss it very much.
Pros
Growth opportunity, healthy work/life balance, competitive pay, nice benefits
No chance to advanvance for more income
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 24, 2018
They want you to train, test, and get certified in different areas all of which cause more responsibilities, stress, for no more $$$. (Not even a dime)
Too many managers are after work friends
Run, run, run all day everyday...
Pros
Great training in order to move on to someplace that does appreciate your hard work, great benefits
Cons
Too much work for no pay advancement
Great Diversity
Medical Services Coordinator / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Great Insurance and overall a great diverse place to work in Santa Barbara. The biggest down fall was not a lot of career advancement and salary increase.
n/a
Surgery Scheduler/MSC (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA 93105January 23, 2018
Currently work as a surgery scheduler in the Dermatology department. Daily tasks include close work with front and back office as well as physicians.
Challenging and fast paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Being a medical assistant is my passion. I absolutely love working with and getting to know the dr. Making referrals nd on call appts. I loved my job as a mediacl assistant.
Pros
Helping people
Productive work environment
Medical Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work is based on reception work, including but not limited to scheduling patients and answering phones. I learned to multi-task and to tend to my own responsibilities. The management was adequate, as was the workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was taking on too much work and the most enjoyable part was the interaction between co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Low company morale unfortunately
Cash Applications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CANovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed my position with Sansum Clinic, Inc. for several years although when they had an independent "cleaner" - 3rd party employee watch dog who ended up taking away so many small details that in the end we were not as happy and hopeful of our daily tasks - i.e. a simple family picture was no longer allowed within our cubicles and we were banned from celebrating a once-a-month birthday party for our fellow co-workers, simple things like this eventually ate away at my and my co-workers morale.
NO support from 'lead' RN , supervisor or HR
REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 24, 2017
This job was flexible for days and hours worked, however the 'lead' RN was the most UNPROFESSIONAL person I have ever worked for and the supervisor did not care. Human Resources did not care about unequal workloads. basically, no one cared, no support. This is not the job for you unless you can handle a great deal of frustration and not let it bother you. If you enjoy working for unsupportive supervisors, this is the place for you.
Cons
Unprofessional/no support
A lot of work
administration (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 31, 2017
this is a great place to learn. Management is quick to determine your strengths and place the staff in the right positions. Seemed like there was not enough time to do the jobs properly.
Pros
Great People
Cons
work volume
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 19, 2017
Very busy but keeps you engaged. Company is flexible with schedules and able to work with you on your schedule. Friendly coworkers. Management is trustworthy.
Good
Medical Services Coordinator WC (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 30, 2017
Great place to work at excellent benefits good communication. The community is very calm and management takes good care of employees needs. The clinic is very busy overall it is a fairly new building very modern, cafe on-site with good discounts for employees. Full technical assistance.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Parking
Excellent Orientation
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 5, 2017
Staff very supportive and happy to provide direction and assistance while being oriented. Interested in making the organization "the best place to work because we cared for each other and that is best for the patients."
Pros
Busy pace to each day.
Cons
Building under construction.
Workplace culture was a must
RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 30, 2017
I learned a tremendous amount about different departments within Sansum clinic including, urgent care, pediatrics, workers compensation and the teamwork it required to be a part of the clinical team to provide for healthcare to our patients.
Not Happy
Medical Insurance Biller (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 19, 2017
No chance of moving up, and work like a dog! The culture is just disgusting and very hostel. If you got to HR to help chang for the better of the company HR will advise you to look for another job.
Professional environment
Medical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. People are professional and caring. I really enjoyed my time at Sansum Clinic. Physicians and staff are caring. I learned a lot about the health care system during my time at Sansum Clinic.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Busy and fast passed work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great job opportunity with great benefits. Mornings begin slow but tend to bro me busy by 9:00 am. Some days can be very busy days, which can lead to no breaks or late lunches. There are many diverse people that come to the clinic but are enjoyable to work with. The staff is very friendly and professional. The hardest part is being short staff on some days and having to multitask under pressure, which can make patients upset. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients and knowing you are aiding in their health care.
Pros
Free lunches by reps.
Cons
Short lunch breaks on busy days.
Fast paced, excellent benefits
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 18, 2016
This is a very busy fast paced pediatric clinic. It is important to be organized and to manage your time wisely. Co-workers are pleasant and I have made several new close friends while working here. Management is easy to approach and always willing to help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the children. They are so honest and innocent and will keep you young at heart.
Great employer with room for advancement
Urgent Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 27, 2015
Worked as staff nurse in Urgent Care. Love being giving opportunities to advance to lead nurse RN for family practice and help to start a triage office for 10 members internal medicine group.
Good place to gain experience in the medical field.
Data Entry & Preregistration Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 22, 2015
Mostly an office kind of setting. I gained lots of experience in billing, data entry and correspondence. Great place to work at if your a fast learner and want to get your foot in the medical field.
Pros
Gaining lots of knowledge.
Cons
coffee
Excellent company
Branch Manager - Two locations concurrently (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 30, 2015
I started my career there in Medical Records Dept. Stayed with the company for 15 years moving up with in the company. Supervisor to Management. I managed 2 different Family Practice Offices. 40 staff with 10 Physicians. Excellent company to work for. Sorry I left and moved away.