Santa Ana College Employee Reviews

Great undergrad college
Student Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Assistant Dean's OfficeMay 3, 2018
I attended school here and worked here. It is a very positive environment located in the middle of Santa Ana CA. One of my favorite jobs so far was working in the office here.
Pros
free lunches free school merchandise
Cons
not too many oppportunities
good junior college
Part-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 24, 2018
great place to teach

mix of students every semester
and always developing technology and support from college officials to enhance and improve the curriculum
Pros
centrally located
Cons
traffic
Friendly environment
Math/Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2018
Since you're working in a school environment, everyone is friendly and treated with respect. I was only there for a semester but I received and gave a lot of help.
I go to school here.
Student Leadership Institute (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I like the school they help you a lot with your future career. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very great school. I like it and it’s people. I recognize this school and it’s ability to help you succeed.
Pros
Cons
Construction
Santa Ana College - Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 25, 2018
At a typical day, I work with about 5-15 students during a shift. I tutor math, English, and history and am able to fully assess where a student is at before beginning to help them. I've learned how to work with more challenging students and how to become really creative in how to best assist them with their studies. My supervisor and the teachers-on-duty are very helpful in assisting me when I am unsure of how to teach a certain subject. Everyone on staff works to help each other so that way we can best help our students. The hardest part of the job is overcoming the language barrier since majority of our students are Spanish-speaking. Since my Spanish is very limited, we have to get really creative in ways to explain topics to our students. However, it is always so enjoyable when we see our students succeed in finishing their courses and ultimately earning their GEDs.
Pros
Supportive staff/management, easy to work with students
Cons
Short shifts, if not busy then there is not much to do
Santa Ana was a great school, but difficult to advance.
Associate Faculty (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 6, 2018
The work is hard. Many of the students don't have the skills to be college students yet, but they have a great work ethic. Being in the classroom is fun, but the grading can be daunting. I wish the staff had more adequately prepared me for the realities of the teaching in the community colleges.
Pros
Classroom, management
Cons
Grading, advancement
A wonderful moment
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 14, 2017
It was the best work-study job ever. I spent most of my time prepare items for the lab. The manager is very nice. I can use some of my free time to study for the next clas.
Pros
good part time job, nice manager
great environment
Peer Mentor for S4S (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great opportunity. I was not A regular employee I was a Student that participated in the Peer Mentor-ship Program. It was a great experience overall..
Interesting
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 8, 2017
Working for SAC is fun and interesting. The opportunity to meet and interact with people of different backgrounds and very rewarding if one do not spent time judging people but rather understanding and learning about the student multicultural life.
Great organization to be lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to work for. Great facilities, staff, and student body.
AR Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 23, 2017
My overall experience working for this institute was nothing but a growing experience. I was given the opportunity to take over certain duties such as event coordination, cultural trip advisor, student ambassador and mentor, and staff support throughout various departments.
This college organizes well all equipment for training.
Student (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 15, 2017
I am a student of Santa Ana College from February 2017. I received the warmly welcome and guidance of professors. I also got the friendship with many students. I will try my best to study.
Comfortable transition
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 24, 2017
Management made me feel at home. Everyone was super nice and professional. Being an employee at SAC was an amazing experience for me. Wish my position wasn't temporary I had the worlds best boss!!!!!!!!
Santa Ana College is a nice way to work for.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Santa Ana College is a friendly and fun workplace. Supervisors have strong leadership skills and always want to support their staff to develop their skills.
Motivated and inspiring place to work.
Fitness Instructor Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 13, 2017
I had a short lecture class on teaching the fundamentals of swimming. To create good management and flow I taught a lesson and skills test as well as a safety test prior to the beginning of class.
Pros
Small classes, autonomy to have my own teaching curriculum, motivated students.
Cons
not enough working hours.
Very unprofessional and immature colleagues
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CaJuly 12, 2017
The salary sucks! The benefits were semi-ok. VERY difficult to reach full-time status. Staff, including professionals, were extremely petty, gossipy and envious of those with the potential to advance. Incredibly unprofessional culture.
Pros
The students were somewhat ambitious and interested in advancing.
Cons
Too competitive for the peanut salary
Kind and fun work place
Student Volunteer, International student office (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 7, 2017
People are very kind and funny in Santa Ana College. I worked in the international student office and help other students about their problem. I communicated effectively with students to assist in problem solving. I also need to organize and maintain files. In the office, I cooperated with other staffs and volunteers in maintaining an efficient workroom and assist with new student orientation.
Fun Environment
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 3, 2017
Working at the college as a math tutor was a great experience. I improved my verbal and problem solving skills. I also learned to work with different learning styles.
work very fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 23, 2017
the interaction between lab tech and students will also help the students learn. working environment always chill and un-stressful. most of the time , we have sometimes to study on our own as well.
Have fun working with students
Computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 6, 2017
This job allows me to work with lot of students who have any problems relate to MS-Office. I also have a good communication skill from working with students
the job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 10, 2017
I worked in the counseling dept. at Santa Ana College through the financial aid. the counselor i worked with was wonderful and understanding. i used to grade all the paperwork for her counseling 100 class. i would make calls to verify all student info was correct