Santa Clara Valley Water District Employee Reviews

Culture growth environment
Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2018
If you have the right connections the opportunity is there to grow in your career.The company is experiencing attrition of some of it's most senior employees
it was a fun easy going work place
Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2018
Working at The Santa Clara Valley Water District was a fun easy going but a hard working job. The environment was very easy going. The people were extremely helpful and nice if you had any questions. All in all, a very good place to work.
Nice hard work that you can look back on and be proud of.
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 28, 2018
Great outdoor job where you can look back at what you did and take pride in. Great people to work with. Greatly managed and the people in charge want to make sure that you are at your best.
Pros
Outdoors and great people.
productive
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 19, 2018
A great project to be associated with.Great and Qualified contractors. The design team worked well to provide excellent service to the community. If I could be a paid better to accommodate the local cost of living, then I would entertain working there again.
Nice Place to work
Contract-Sr. Adm Assistant/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work. The management and the employees are all very very very very nice. I enjoyed working with everyone and I hope to work there again in the near future.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
No cons
An okay company to work for.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2018
Keep in mind that I worked there as an intern, so I can't say from professional perspective. My typical day was mostly coding and doing other assignments that my boss assigned me to do. Cubicle work culture. In my opinion, I would rather see people work in the open rather than isolate myself in my own cubicle. I prefer to work in groups.

My most enjoyable part of the job is, well, coding.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mangagement not so good
Amazing learning experience
INTERN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2017
I learned a lot about working in a real workplace. It wasn't slow paced. They teach you before assigning assignments and everyone is willing to help you out.
Not the best Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2017
My time at the Santa Clara Valley Water District was very lackluster as an internship. There was very little guidance and very little opportunity to learn.
N/a
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2017
Loved working for SCVWD, the people I worked with were so professional and very helpful. I would definitely go back. My department was working with collection accounts and small claim cases.
OK place to work if you're not seeking any changes
IT Program Director (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2017
Challenging culture. Stable place to work in general. Not for someone who seeks career progression or changes. Pay and compensation are ok. Employees in general need a lot hand-holding.
A great experience
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 24, 2016
This was one of my first internship experience and it was very rewarding. I learned a lot about working in a team, communicating with others, and planning. My coworkers were all hard working, very helpful and answered my questions despite their busy schedules. The hardest part was getting used to the job but that was also the most enjoyable part. It was a rewarding challenge that help me grow.
Productive and uplifting place to work with a good enviroment
Water Waste Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2016
Employees are excited to come to work for a company that genuinely care about you and your family. Upper Management easy to contract and are very friendly while building a "team like"atmosphere.
Pros
Clean and spaceous work stations
Cons
parking availability
A great company with a great culture
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned a lot while I was employed there. I was exposed and supported 4 different departments. I worked with a great team of employees. My managers supported me with new learning opportunities. Unfortunately I was a temp there and maxed out all the hours available to me.
Pros
Great team work
Dedicated and knowledgeable workers who can be glossed over by upper managment.
Engineering Technician I/II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2015
I work with dedicated staff who care about the work they perform. Unfortunately there is sometimes a disconnect between what the field workers do and what upper management understands about the need for the work we do. This has led to unfulfilled staffing needs, difficulty accomplishing the goals of the District, and limited potential for career development. Middle management however, does an excellent job of trying to provide for our needs as employees, and on a personal level as well. They understand and respect that family is a priority, and that opportunity within the company is essential for ithe company's growth and productivity, as well as the individual.
Recruiter
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, caJune 11, 2015
• Performed a variety of technical and administrative functions including recruitment of direct hire, interim and temporary employees
• Plan, prepare and conduct recruitment programs, including preparation of job announcements, outreach to schools, minority publications, internet and professional organizations
• Conduct job fairs and recruitment events
• Develop, prepare and administer new and improved assessment techniques including oral, written, performance and other selection tools
• Research, compile, analyze and report information to hiring managers in the areas
• of candidate selection
• Superior customer service to internal and external job applicants and hiring Managers
• Able to quickly establish relationships at all levels
no new techlogy to learn
Sr. DATABASE Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2015
There are all old system/software, way behind the technology. And people doesn't want to change anything, some system security hole is high risk and no one care about it.
no fun, no hope place to work
Sr. DATABASE Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2015
it's a low pay and no fun at all, the managers are so mean to everyone and push very for every project, I don't recommend people to work there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
fixed hour no flexiblity, high presure, angerly managers everywhere
Productive and fun workplace
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaApril 29, 2015
From working with a diverse group of people I learned to be a better team leader, and it gained the ability to communicate with people at all levels of management.
Pros
Diversity of people
Cons
Can be very bureaucratic
NeT
Lead / Architect (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2015
• Maximizing the productivity of the project team by installing an effective development environment, establishing programming, design, and other technical standards, training team members, and providing advisory and trouble-shooting support
• Providing a focal point for all technical issues and initiatives on the project
• Make sure that all components of the technical architecture are properly implemented.
Great place to learn
Office of Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time on contract here. I learned a lot and was able to use those tools to create other opportunities. Working at the main campus was great and a beautiful place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Clara Valley Water District. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about