SANTA CRUZ COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Good job for a beginning teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz County, CAOctober 25, 2017
While I sincerely doubt anyone would want to spend their life as a substitute teacher, it's a decent way to make money on a part-time basis -- ideal for student teachers to get more experience, or for someone whose schedule requires irregular work days.
great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 7, 2017
SCCOE offers several alternative education programs to fit the needs of diverse learners. The special education programs are exceptional and offer care and education to not only their students but extend resources to families as well.
Pros
resoures
Cons
pay is not great
Supportive team
Instructional Aide at Chrysalis (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 28, 2017
The special education department is full of great people, and they are implementing an exceptional program. I loved the people I worked with students and staff.
Enthustiastic environment. Beautiful people to work with
Outreach Worker- Family Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMay 23, 2016
Had the privilege to work with community needs and programs. Not only interpreting but visiting in their homes for resources available to them through Community Bridges or United Way within the same school districts. Loved it.
Pros
Community involvement in Schools is the best.
Cons
Its to far to go back to. No Cons.
I enjoy working in education
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 16, 2015
I learned a great deal of information working with the county office of education in Santa Cruz. I feel that working in the special education department with the school system was not only rewarding professionally,it allowed me to gain a greater understanding for the need of teachers in this field of work.
Amazing!!
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJune 18, 2014
I worked at an Alternative Education Program called SOS Program. A typical day well there was never a typical day as there was always something new happening which made my job more excited. We all worked as a community to support one another. The most enjoyable part was seeing how all your job and dedication has shape your student to be successful in life.