Santa Fe College Employee Reviews

Relaxed, well-paced, and comfortable.
Student Secretary Aid for professors, students (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Working here is a great opportunity because I developed many independent skills, like paperwork and usual secretary duties. The culture here is calm and relaxed with many leniencies. I was able to do HW and CW in my off time here, as well as become closer to my professors who guided me throughout my classes.
Pros
Work experience, Off-time to do schoolwork
Cons
short hours
Productive and positive work environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Working here has improved my communication and customer service skills. Working on a college campus has expanded my network of people to interact with which is beneficial to me.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
hours coincided with class times
Teaching
Clinical Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Clinical instructor for nursing students.
Environment is collaborative and students are engaging.
Schedule is flexible
Hourly rate is more than fair considering it is a PER DIEM position
Pros
Flexibility
A good place to work.
Associate Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
A good bunch of people working hard to serve the student population in a timely and efficient manner. Willing to work together to get the job done even when faced with ever changing regulations.
Productive and positive place to work with many opportunities
Educational Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
A typical day included greeting guests from around the world while working together in a diverse team to achieve goals. The large majority of the staff was incredibly kind and helpful with any task.
Productive and nice workplace
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Working at Santa Fe was a joy and a wonderful learning experience. I was able to gain new skills as well as utilize old skills. Santa Fe made it possible for me to have a work/life balance which was important. I would highly recommend working for Santa Fe College.

Management can learn more in handling personality conflicts between employees. Conflict resolution and training in that area would be beneficial. Overall, most managers are compassionate and knowledgeable.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to do new skills using available resources and working with the students.

The hardest part of the job was learning the specific software during the probationary period.
Pros
Being given an opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
Training for senior employees who may cause unmerited conflict.
Review for SF College
Pre-College Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 26, 2017
Great place to work. It's like a family there. The students are lucky to have faculty and staff who are well invested in making sure they receive a return on their investment.
Pros
Great culture. The faculty and staff really care about the students.
Cons
Lack of full-time/ well-paying positions
Great job
Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLDecember 5, 2017
this job is most definitely the most easiest and relaxed job. The best thing about the job is that you can get plenty school work done. The job offered receptionist experience.
Not a bad place
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 5, 2017
This isn't a bad school. If you are an adjunct instructor, which I was, you're going to dislike being an an adjunct instructor. The school itself isn't bad.
Santa Fe
Research team member. (Current Employee) –  University of FloridaNovember 1, 2017
Great employer. They provided a secure place to work, and were very helpful in broadening my career. They offered opportunities to advance, and cared for their employees
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Clinical instructor, assistant professor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I loved working here! Teaching is an unexplainable feeling and the students and co-workers were wonderful! The compensation and hours were stellar. Highly recommend!
adjuncting is challenging everywhere
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 24, 2017
The program I worked in did the best they could to support their adjuncts, but adjuncting is a challenging situation no matter what. The students needed a lot of support to even pass the course, let alone excel.
Working with Santa Fe College is a pleasure. They are organized and helpful towards their employees and students.
Biology Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 14, 2017
As an Adjunct Professor with Santa Fe College, I appreciate the considerate work spaces/computers/and, the departmental assistant they provide us during the day. I can focus more on the creative/goal-oriented part of my course preparation and less on the clerical issues (making copies, schedules, etc.).
The people I work with are not only amazing professionals but down-to-earth individuals who really care about the students, and, my supervisors have all been helpful and congenial.
Pros
Offices with computers, classrooms with Smart Desks, parking for ALL teachers
Cons
Adjuncts not allowed to work over 12 credit hours
Great place, friendly people, great boss
Educational Aide (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 27, 2017
Santa Fe College is great place to work. They are extremely flexible with scheduling, which is great for students, and everyone is very nice making every day a good day to work. The hardest part about my job is assisting students with difficult questions, sometimes you have to take extra initiative and think out of the box to come up with solutions to their problems, such as locating classrooms, problems with professors, etc. The most enjoyable part about my job is being around the people here, everyone will make you smile.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay is minimal
good teachers
College Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 8, 2017
I enjoyed going to night classes as I worked my day job.I think the hands on part of getting an A+ certification was the best part for me. Classes were well organized
Pros
small classes
Cons
Made for a long day
Wonderful place to work and attend
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 23, 2017
Productive, lots of opportunities, great chances to network, meet new people. A chance to attend amazing and educational events. A place that really cares.
A Day Tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 7, 2017
Would meet up with designated student to tutor. I would spend several hours with students (depending on their time frame), explaining and teaching concepts of the material being studied that they needed help with.
Testing.
Certified Test Proctor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new staff and learning new things. I have learned how different each culture is and how important communication can be. My typical day at work was setting up each computer for testing when students would come into the center for testing.
A fast paced environment
Work student assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work was signing up about 20 students for school and i loved it because their lives just changed. I've learned how to deal with multiple types of personalities while working for this company. For instance, not everyone has patience and some do. The culture of the school were all types of race, and everyone new English. The hardest part of the job were dealing with students under the age of 24 that weren't involved in there parents life because everyone had to complete a FAFSA, and without a parent info, a student under 24 couldn't get in school. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on everyone's face after they confirmed there first day of class.
Pros
Birthday celebrations for all team members
Cons
Only one 15 minute break
Great Student Environment
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 11, 2017
Learning activities were efficient, Professors where helpful and informative. Great learning environment. My clinical experiences gave me hands on experience.