Santander Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,390 reviews matching the search See all 2,770 reviews
santander is a horrible company to work for
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJanuary 20, 2019
Santander accused me of false balancing to get rid of me. I was unable to receive benefits from unemployment as well as finding a new job was tough. This was all a managers doing at the Exeter Branch
Pros
pay
Cons
management
lugar de trabalho muito limpo, boa temperatura, equipamentos em ótimo funcionamento
banco (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Trabalho tranquilo durante o dia, intervalo para almoço tranquilo, o dia dia fazia atendimento a cliente pessoalmente e por telefone e e-mail. otimo lugar para trabalhar
Pros
seguro saude
Cons
salario
Great Company
RECOVERIES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Workout on site. Benfits are good and you can work overtime. Bonus are ok need better system , High turnover and very competitive when it comes to top performers
Stressful work culture
VP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2019
The work culture at Santander was crises based due to issue and lacked the respect that is expected from managers and C level executives. Would not recommend
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
Stressful work culture
cultura laboral
ejecutivo atención al cliente (Former Employee) –  sucursal el golfJanuary 11, 2019
en mis años de experiencia en santander, fui arte y parte de una comunidad que trabaja en pro de un mismo objetivo, me sentía resguardada y complementada.
Pros
muchos beneficios
Cons
malas jefaturas
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 10, 2019
No management training or continuous growth for employees. Horrible people put into district executive position. HR and unethical comments by district executives concerning disabilities and FMLA. Very expensive health care. Management teams aren’t hr certified and when you try to talk to HR for help they blow it off.
Pros
Liked the people in my branch
Cons
No overtime, healthcare costs, unethical and poor treatment of team members
typical day at work
Workout Loan Specialist - Commercial Loans (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2019
Working with my team and other teams in collaborative manner was always was an awarding experience. Some of difficulties were with system processes at times so this effort a great effort.
Pros
work remotley if needed to do home matters, or appointments.
Cons
Lack of efficient systems
Teller (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 10, 2019
I love what I do (teller) interacting with others is part of who i love to be, so being able to help others understand and gain solutions based on every day needs ( credit, loans, investments) makes me proud and excited about it all together... I work with a great team that feeds off, of positive energy! This job is truly passion driven, but at the end of each day, very rewarding!
Pros
Peaceful lunch breaks!
Cons
Short breaks.
Old systems and technology.
Mortgage Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 9, 2019
This bank needs to update their technology and back office systems. They are way behind other banks and lenders.
Long processing times frustrated employees. Very large turnover of associates.
Cons
Outdated systems
Great place to start for Banking
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Herricks, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Good place to learn banking and lost of space to grow, just salary and benefits are good for people with seniority 3 years. On site training available for new employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no overtime and Work some Saturdays
Good Company Overall
AVP Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MAJanuary 7, 2019
Good company to work for in terms of career advancement. With the extended bank hours work life balance will suffer. May only have 1 day per week off.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
work/life balance
Santander was a company that helped sharpen my people skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 3, 2019
At Santander, I was able to sharpen my people skills as well as learn different customer techniques . It was a sales experience to help solidify objections and other sales issues.
An ever changing work environment
Vice President - Relationship Manager, (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 30, 2018
Santander is a hard place to get a handle on. The culture is one that has changed constantly over the last 8 years. Although people work hard to succeed, the company moves the cheese frequently. The difficult part of working at Santander is the changing focus of management and the changing management team. The best part of my job is the customers I have had the pleasure of helping reach their financial goals.
wrost experience ever
Teller/ vault Custodian (Current Employee) –  MADecember 27, 2018
Benefit was ok but other than that management sucks. everyone is the same there no one to go to for help. managers have the right to do and say anything they want to employees. Privacy is a major issue
benefits
Cons
you have no life when you work for them. management and privacy are two major issues
I would not recommend this place of employment
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIDecember 26, 2018
Depending if you are well liked is how you will be able to advance in this company... I had the worst manager my first 3 years at this bank and did not receive an increase, therefore was not able to advance in the company. I now have a WONDERFUL manager, she is fair and pleasant.
Every half and at the end of year we have to self access ourselves (which in my opinion is REDICULOUS) just to get an increase (which the most is 2%). The first 2 years I received 0% the third year I received 1.7% (WOO HEE). I do not see why we need to self access ourselves when your manager evaluates you and it only matters what your manager has to say. Completely bogus !! I would not recommend this job to anyone that wants to go full time, however, if you are retired and just looking for something to do to make a little $$ this is a place for you as a contingent which is basically per diam.
Pros
working as a contigent (per diam)
Cons
not a place to work full time and make any kind of $$
Do the essential duties of a closer
Mortgage Retail Closer (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJDecember 19, 2018
I come in and do my wires entries for closing and then begin reviewing Closing Disclosures, Editing new loans and reviewing title. I also answer questions from other co-workers.
Pros
Clean Office
Cons
Poor Management
Fun
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Riverside, RIDecember 18, 2018
Cool environment to work and has very good benefits. If you enjoy banking and assisting people with managing their money then this is an awesome opportunity.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Great stepping stone
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 13, 2018
I stared off as a teller and really enjoyed the job. I stepped up to a CSR and was opening new accounts etc. I was in the top 10 sales in the Region. Once my manager left I decided it was time for myself to move on. They turned the job into a cold calling mandatory with sales. It really felt more like a Sales Position. People who are older and their money isnt going into FDIC they really have no interest in investing with the banks. We harassed the same people monthly about investing. Up util that point I really enjoyed my position.
Pros
Great stepping stone, Fun work place
Cons
Turned into a sales job
Disappointing
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PA 19610December 13, 2018
I took my Process Analyst job thinking I would be working in more of a technical role but ended up just running reports. Also, documentation was missing or incomplete so I spent a lot of time trying to create my own so I could understand what was going on. After a month, I was told I wasn't contributing enough. I told them that wasn't enough time to understand their processes but they didn't believe that. I think I was set up to fail. After about 3 months I quit because of their unrealistic expectations as well as my because my vacation time was docked for all my personal appointments, which I never had that happened to me before. Very disappointed!
Workplace culture
Assistant Vice President, Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 12, 2018
At Santander, everyone leads by example and that everyone works as a team to maximum the clients satisfaction and overall experience. It's definitely a wonderful place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight