Santander Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 823 reviews matching the search See all 2,021 reviews
Santander is a good organization
COMMERCIAL LOAN ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 17, 2018
My department was very busy especially at month end, driven and excellent work team
Great management, work culture busy yet relax
Best part was being a member of a great team
Pros
hours were good
Falta de etica
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 16, 2018
Muy poca ética nada de compañerismo y muy poco recursos para trabajar
Extremely Happy with Santander
Branch Manager I (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 16, 2018
It balance my life, excellent benefits, they care about employees and their family, advance opportunities in your career. Managers are great. Love working at santander
Great atmosphere.
Card Fraud Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 16, 2018
I worked for the fraud department. It could be challenging when you have to inform someone of fraud. But I also enjoyed the job also. Set thing to so you have plenty of time to get better at it.
Pros
the location at that time was very convenient to get to
Cons
the deparmtnet moved to framingham ma
Good corporate to work with
Quality Control & Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 14, 2018
I have had the opportunity to work with the best team and best managers. It helped a lot from point of view of presentation skills, knowledge sharing and professional development.
Horrible company to work for
MARKET RISK ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 12, 2018
If you want your systems and network speed from the stone ages, this is the company for you. Be prepared to work 70 hour weeks for minimal pay, Management is horrible and won't listen to anything you say. Enjoy being a low paid intern.
Great, upbeat place to work. Colleagues are friendly and I'm
Migration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 11, 2018
I worked at Santander in a temporary contract role. During my time there I found the work environment to be a complete pleasure to work in. Many of my colleagues knew this and even helped me to find permanent opportunities in the company, and still do a month later.
Pros
Employee appreciation events, charity sponsorships
Cons
Cafeteria food is expensive by comparison.
Nice place to work
COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to start your career. I was able to learn a lot in the different positions that I held and able to advance due to having excellent managers that cared about your future.
nice place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 10, 2018
good working conditions.Flexibility ,opportunity to grow.less paid time off,less hours of work.friendly atmosphere,no opportunity for transfer,less hours
Pros
flexibility
Cons
less PTO
not recommended
IT Expert III (System Administrator) (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 10, 2018
This place is not being managed professionally. they don't follow any methodology. Company language is spanish and if you do not speak, you will have hard time to communicate.
Dont put yourself through it.
Teller (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 9, 2018
When i first came here i was so excited to start a career in banking. This quickly faded as i began to see the work environment for what it truly was: bosses playing favorites, if somebody doesnt like you they will make it their mission to get you fired. Managers only care about one thing: making the right numbers for the quarter. They will literally interrupt you on your break if they feel like it. And if you’re a teller, you can forget about being considered for any promotion. They will try to keep you in the same job title for 5 years claiming that you need more “experience” and to be “ready” for a promotion but they have no problem hiring someone with no experience from outside the company for the same position. Truth is: the company is short staffed. Which means more work for you with subpar pay. I am currently looking for work elsewhere because its become hard to get out of bed in the morning, i dread coming to work every day.
Pros
Opportunities for referrals; company wide events; Good benefits plans
Cons
Poor management; Does not promote from within; Co workers will stab you in the back
Loved it
Sales Assistant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Intelligent and competent managers. culture of success, I made a lot of connections working here. Learned a lot and found my strengths and weaknesses. only downside is the market changed and ppl were ler go and the job security hasn't quite been the same
Pros and Cons
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
Santander has a solid leadership team in place and is trying to turn the bank around. However, it is a difficult place to work, with antiquated technology and layers of bureaucracy that keep it behind it's peers. .
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Outdated Technology and Tons of bureaucracy
Busy
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day at santander was stressful and busy my teller supervisor was so rude and always tried to get me in trouble the manager didnt know what he was doing and the customers didnt like him the culture felt like high school like it was a clique. The hardest part of the job for me was selling stuff when they stated that we werent gonna be pushing sells on the customers. The most enjoyable part was when we received extra cash for meeting our goals
no work/life balance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJuly 7, 2018
i was told that i would only work 1 or 2 weekends each month. i ended up working every single weekend for 3 years. i was often told that my vacations could not be approved because of a lack of staff
Growing pains
Sr. Banker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 6, 2018
Fast paced corporate bank looking to take your fees. Was a much better place to work when it was Sovereign Bank with local decision making before the takeover.
I loved my job
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 5, 2018
Santander is really a great place to work.. I loved my pay and my bonuses. However I feel the attendance policy should be advised. The supervisors should not discuss the representatives personal business.
Pros
good money
Cons
no flexibility
Fell Apart
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandJuly 2, 2018
In the past year or of so there has been senior leadership change after senior leadership change. The most recent change caused additional branch managers and other employees to walk away leaving tens of thousands of dollars in incentive pay on the table just so they didn't have to work in this environment.

The work-life balance is completely gone. More often than not Managers are expected to be at the branch from open to close 6 days a week.
Very Close Relationship
Teller (Former Employee) –  Whiting, NJJuly 2, 2018
The people who work here are truly wonderful. The hours were not bad at all. The management always make sure you are comfortable. You run into some customers that are not always in a good mood but the customers who are always end up brightening your day.
The right industry for the right person
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 2, 2018
Not an industry for everyone. The right person can make a good living and a good career. Objectives seem to change weekly, sometimes even daily. Branch managers favor experienced team members and will feed them all the sales and opportunities while not spending anytime training or developing new team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss