Santander Bank Employee Reviews

Stressful sales heavy job
Small Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
No real job security unless you are stellar every quarter, sales goals are rigorous and not attainable during slow seasons. Very stressful work environment due to crucial sales goals, constant change in management, and a huge disconnect with policies. Unless you thrive at constant sales goals on a month to month basis than this is a good fit for you. Pay is good but lifeline is max 1-2 years there.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
stressful with little job security
Excelent customer service
Mail-room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2018
It was a great work experience. Thank you again for the opportunity to work for Santander Bank. I wish it and their staff all the best and I look forward to staying in touch with them.
Pros
Excelente wo5rk enviroment
Cons
Temp Job
Would not reccommend
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 17, 2018
Not a good experience. Santander lacks a reasonable work/life balance and employee assistance. Management seemed more interested in metrics rather than preventing fraud.
Customer service and productivity
Branch Manager- Vice President (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 14, 2018
You are not judged by your accalaeds but how much upper management likes you. No support from upper management. There is to much attrition since I left four people quit. I had a compliment of eleven left with five. Four quit after I Left
Pros
Support of your immediate piers
Cons
Upper leadership changes every year
Good people to work with. They try to comply with laws.
Regulatory Compliance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 11, 2018
Provides a flexible work hours. Training is online internal but does not go to deep enough to expand your knowledge. They do not send people to seminars which would be helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Difficult to get a promotion.
More bad than good!
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 8, 2018
Santander Bank, N.A. has good and bad things. I learned that the culture is a bit obsolete, too much politics to get promoted and sometimes a lot of pressure to make sales.

Understaffed in most locations.

The good: Benefits and holidays off.
Pros
Sundays and holidays off. Good benefits.
Cons
Only 30 minutes break. Sales pressure.
Workplace culture
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Firm's culture was to continuously strive to give best product available to clients. As a firm, encouraged and supported personal and professional growth.
Great Company to Start you career in Banking
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2018
Santander is a very great company to start your career in Banking . The Management is very helpful and will guide you in your everyday activities. The Work live balance is great
I loved this company
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
This company was a great company to work for , the benefits were great , the people were awesome . my manager worked with me and my hours. perfect company to work for
It is not a productive department, everything is still paper,
Personal Banker Representative II (Former Employee) –  East ProvidenceSeptember 5, 2018
They do not offer flexible schedule, very hard to fit your family and your health scheduled with this company.
Not sure if other departments are like this, but from my experience with my department it is horrible.
Cons
Health care is horrible, the benefits are very expensive, they do not offer flexible shcedule
It is a good place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJSeptember 5, 2018
Santander bank is a place that give you oportunities to keep improving. Because it is a growing bank and it means that there are alot of new opportunities coming your way.
I feel this company is very company motivated and not willing to share competitive salaries or bonus to their employees
Non-Collateral Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed learning new things and being able to gain new experience to add to my resume. I feel that the company focuses too much on goal to grow the company and not adequately develop their employees. The bonus structure is across the board and does not adequately provide for seperate positions within the company. You have the opportunity to move around however most if not all positions are lateral and not promotional and merit increases does not match what is being written in evaluations. Employee moral is low.
Pros
company sponsored events annually
Cons
pay and bonus
Pays well
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
Santander was once very employee focused. Free healthcare, work life balance, remote tie in and thought of the employee as the primary source of success. Which is true, the employee is the main source of success. In the last year, that culture changed. Today it's somewhat grueling to work there. The infrastructure is failing, constantly, and we, as employees, are blamed for that failure. Work life balance is now a pipe dream. There is no career pathway to a future now. This is a finance company, I work in sales. Sales staff will go to the highest bidder. Santander is still currently one of the highest bidders. If this is your main draw, then this is the place for you. If you seek a stable environment, this is not the place for you.
over worked under paid
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 27, 2018
over worked under paid !!!
no help from managers
no hiring within the company
no growth
think 3 times before thanking the job
go to Bank of america they pay more and work with people
or a credit union santander dont like to work with people they think this job is your life
work environment.
Mortgage Warehouse Representative (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJAugust 25, 2018
my work environment was unexplaineable. The Manager was an unfair work play favoritism to other co workers and at times talk about
co workers to other co workers. also may some co workers cry. Was reported to HR however NOTHING got done about IT!!
Productive and Learn how the bank working with the community
Debt. Collector in & out Branch (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 25, 2018
We working under pressure on limits times and goals. We learn how selling the idea and benefits at the customers for pay on date and why our bank offer the better options to them... The hard part is the field visit on homes, works, and Dangerous Areas....The mos enjoyable part is Working on teams and celebrates when the Bank reaches the goals...
Pros
Bonuses for goals
Cons
No better tools for do better work
Fast-passed
Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAAugust 23, 2018
A lot of organizational changes. In 6 years, we've been through 5 new Managers and 3 Executive Directors. Job is constantly changing. It's a fast paced environment, which is great and always new things to learn, however, I am seeking more of a job stability. As each manager/director changes, our job responsibilities and positions change.
fast-paced contact center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 23, 2018
As with any contact center, this position required attention to detail. The shift supervisors were easy to talk to and were willing to assist in whatever way was needed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay could have been a little better
Great opportunity
Universal Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 20, 2018
If you apply yourself there are ways you can grow within the company. There is room for changes in the way the branches are managed but that can happen within any organization.
Productive and professional
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2018
Professional working environment and customer friendly. Fast-paced work area. Great ensemble of characters, Supporting cast of employees. uncanny benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight