Santander Bank Employee Reviews

Found 906 reviews matching the search See all 2,207 reviews
Average
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  BostonNovember 15, 2018
This is a paycheck and that’s it. Management turnover is the norm and you’re lucky if you have good and supportive management to support your career advancement
Good team to work with.
Operations Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RINovember 12, 2018
Short of teller team member, Stressful work, Part time team member scheduled by their needs not to fill company needs.
New manager, still on training, no banking experience.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Short braks
Confusing, inconsistent/ micromanaged/ lack of management/
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RINovember 10, 2018
I worked for Santander for over 2 1/2 years and I was only allowed to advance one small step as far as compensation they are not fair annually you are lucky to see a .25 increase. They have an unfair system of determining your bonuses and the managers are primarily useless. Policy’s change frequently without proper warning or a clear understanding
Pros
Chance to get monthly bonuses
Cons
Everything else
Good and Bad
Personal Banking Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 9, 2018
There is a mismatch in regards to the work done and pay. There is too much expected from the company. Even though you are given certain hours to work you seem to work a lot more hours a day. Coworkers are fun to work with and people too.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
My favorite job thus far
Bank Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 31, 2018
I was sad to leave, unfortunately I had to leave! This is a great job! Very relaxed! Great work environment! Great pay/benefits! If I could return I definitely would!
Would not recommend
Teller (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 30, 2018
Great benefits but poor management and poor communication. Very high turnover. Be prepared to work evenings and weekends. Customer service is lacking.
helping customers
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 29, 2018
Assist customers with banking needs, balances, transfers, lost cards, etc. fair bonus' at the time I left, not sure what they consist of now. Enjoyed my fellow employees
Santander
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for the company for a year, it has been stressful. The turnover for the company is massive. There is never enough staff and you are expected to have one job title and take over tasks of another without extra pay.
Great Work-Life Balance
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Fun culture to work in. The people are laid back and flexible. Better work-life balance than most financial jobs in NYC-- you'll almost never have to work weekends. Compensation is higher than average, and they are growing rapidly.
its whatever
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 24, 2018
its just your regular job. Only thing that made it nice was working with an awesome manager and coworkers, but everything else was your average place. its a job that work with how you make it
Holiday season
CSC Business Banking Support Representative (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work consist of 60 to 80 calls per day. Management is per team and department. The most stressful time is when systems that are used are not functioning properly and delay your time
Pros
overtime offered almost everyday
Cons
busy during mornings
Efficient workplace and great coworkers
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Ayer, MAOctober 24, 2018
A typically day at work honestly depends on the day. Some days are really busy and cut throat, while others are more relaxed and less stressful. The culture is great here which makes working here so much easier. I have learned a lot in my time at Santander ranging from how to treat customers in order for a business to thrive to the ins and outs of how the banking industry works. The most enjoyable thing is being able to make customers happy with your business. The toughest part of my job is being very successful from cold calling.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, compensation
Wasn’t the best place to work
TIER 2 Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIOctober 23, 2018
Supervisors are overworked and underpaid. They don’t show appreciation to the people that work hard but promote favorites. Just wasn’t really too happy there
Pros
Pay
Cons
The call center as a whole
The senior management were odd
Risk Analyst, Assistant VP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
I found that working there was a strange experience. The New York office felt mostly like an afterthought of the Santander empire. The people that do the day to day work were very good and often worked there for years. But I was told that the attitude of management had changed the last 5 years and you could see the stress increasing to meet the new requirements.
Pros
Good medical insurance depending which entity you were a part of.
Cons
Senior management were clueless and the sad state of their systems and technology.
Level II Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 17, 2018
I was with Santander for 8 years and had a great experience. I worked in many areas and was able to grow with the company. The culture was typical and i enjoyed working there.
Everyday is different
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 15, 2018
Each day is different from another. You have goals and objectives like every job. Some goals are harder to obtain, out of your control most times. Communications are not always smooth. Co-workers are fun and make a great environment!
banker
Banker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
Work with customers who walk off the street. Its a high traffic face to face role. Dealing with customers who want to complain about anything and everything.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
not a lot of room for growth
Very Good
Vice President - Investment Services (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAOctober 14, 2018
I don't really have an opinion here. Good People, nice environment. No complaints. Just looking for advancement. Hopefully a career path opens but if not I'll find 1.
No advancement
Teller II/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MAOctober 13, 2018
I worked for this company for over five years and and applied to advance or move up. I was denied the opportunity each time. During the time I worked at this company i only earned $1 increase.
Ambiente de trabajo es excelente
Representante se servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  San Juan Puerto RicoOctober 10, 2018
Un buen salario y buena oportunidad de crecimiento

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight