Santander

United States3,097 reviews

Found 3,097 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,479 reviews
sovereignbankbranchbankingtellerloanaccountgoal

Friendly community with opportunities

They offer training and benefits and encourage you take their volunteer time off opportunities. Also have the option to move up or over to another department easily if you qualify.

Okay

Overall good pay and benefits just a boring job that can be very mentally draining. Management is okay and getting days iff is very hard. scheduele is also crazy.

Santander insights

Based on 1,227 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

I think we could advance our people more. Crest mor Senior and team lead positions.

Great place very proactive approach to home life balance. Working there makes you feel like working with family. Santander has an excellent Work from home program. They actually listen to their people and enact upon what they can do to accommodate. Upper management has been more than cooperative and listening and granting their employees wishes.

Pros

Benefits are awesome

Cons

Raises and bonuses not so great. Unless you are a manager you will not get a good size raise.

What is the best part of working at the company?Having the opportunity to work with the branches to obtain referrals What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Terrible operational staff and unsupportive upper management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Awful culture and no team atmosphere environment. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Disjointed and unorganized due to a lack support

The job culture is very inclusive and work-life-balance is encouraged.

I absolutely love working for Santander! The company culture is wonderful. The managers really care about the employees and the environment is very inclusive. My only complaint is that I am not challenged in my current role.

Like it so far...chances for growth

So far I've found the environment helpful and supportive and inviting of new ideas for those competent to deliver and execute on them. There is a clear skill and experience variance between managers that should be lessened over time.

Pros

Pay decent, supportive team

Cons

Staffing doesn't appear to be a priority

very stressful by immediate manager. Pressured and rude

From the moment you get there its a regular call center work place. you have to meet their goals and someone always has to be at the top and someone always has to be at the bottom. When you are on the bottom of the totem pool you never get up until a new person gets hired. Not fair.

Pros

Cons

unfair guidelines and stressful enviornment.

What is the best part of working at the company?The way the company treats their employees and the level of diversity the company has.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Honestly dealing with the angry consumers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Awesome.. At Santander we treat each other like family and the company does a lot for their employees and their community especially the community through multiple volunteer programs What is a typical day like for you at the company?Too long to describe

Kinda boring but it makes up for it with the people

I worked at a desk job. Which for me was a boring experience and I wouldn't recommend it. However, it gave me a good opportunity to meet great people as well as have good pay.

Would never recommend

People who didn’t know how to do their job or weren’t willing were praised and people who put the hard work in took late shifts and took on extra work were put down. If you weren’t in the “clique” you were treated as such. The actual work for the most part I enjoyed. And they provided training, you just didn’t have a manager that “had your back”.

Cons

horrible leadership

Good advancement opportunities

Expect to work holidays and evenings. Schedule can rotate and makes work life balance difficult. They do encourage advancement and training. They are inclusive and have many cultural programs.

Great Company

I worked with Santander for close to 3 years and I am actually working on coming back. It was truly a great place to work, I met a lot of great people and management was always top notch. They truly care about you not only an employee, but as a person and that;s where this company stands out

Pros

Good environment, work life balance, pay and benefits

Excelente

Fue un trabajo de grandes experiencias. Ambiente cómodo y compañerismo. Todos luchábamos por las metas

Pros

Seguro

Cons

Trabajo en el centro de Hato Rey

Employee of choice.

Business supports work/life balance. Always fun engagement events and culture is great. Hybrid full time position with lots of ongoing training and development.

Great People and Fully Paid Employee Benefits

You can learn alot working here and the managers are supportive for you to take extra courses or training to advance your career. The work can be challenging but that's part of what makes it great. The culture is resistant to an ever-changing climate but it's improved over the last few years. I enjoy the people I work with. The benefits are pretty good to be fully paid by the company and after you've been here awhile, paid time off improves.

Pros

Free benefits, solid co-workers, supportive management, promotion and lateral movement opportunities available.

Cons

Not much PTO to start, some departments see more turnover than others, leadership training would help newly promoted managers

Interesting tasks, poor salary, in some department poor management

Interesting tasks, I developed a lot,Salary Was low, Below average on the market, and perspective for higher were low, in some part management was only focused on outcomes doesn't matter the people, or how to achieve it

Excellent pay and benefits

If you like fast Pace action in your attentive to detail you'll love this place. Don't expect to get the best training you will be thrown into the water soon enough.

The Good

Santander is wonderful when it comes to Work /Life Balance while still focusing on their business need. It has worked wonderfully for me and I've been able to work throughout no matter what my issue has been. Thank you, Santander.

What is the best part of working at the company?Not much to say that is good about working with Santander. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managers seem to not care to help the employees when needed What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very bad environment and not a good culture. What is a typical day like for you at the company?100 plus outbound callas and a network that constantly crashed and the company would blame the rep for their companies failures

It is a meh place.

Don’t apply if you are looking to promote within. Too many people get jealous if you actually succeed at your job and try to bring you down. And expect constant change of bankers. Santander needs to realize it is not going to succeed in this area.

Pros

People with the same title are okay

Cons

Constant manager switching, double standards

Great place to get your start

Santander is a great place to get started in the banking industry. There are flaws in their outdated system and training is usually trial by fire. There are amazing people there, however, who are very supportive and loving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

77%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Santander with

Santander reviews by popular job title

• Santander