SapientRazorfish Employee Reviews

Enjoyable team, poor work/life balance
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 4, 2018
SR Life will only be as enjoyable as the team/account you're placed with. Work/life balance can be lopsided. Projects and planning are well structured and supervised.
Good Experience
Director (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 3, 2018
Jump at the chance to work with SR because the people are immensely talented and you'll learn a lot. Although the company has gone through several mergers and even layoffs this year, the managers are outstanding at their crafts and you'll learn a lot. Technology, AI and Data Analytics are valued more than creativity.
Pros
Everyone is at the Top of Their Game
Cons
Layoffis, Not winning a lot of BD
Great work environment
Freelance Copywriter and Copy Editor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 26, 2018
Love working here. I spend my days between meetings and actual work done. I have learned a lot. Great people. Great team. Dogs are often seen at the office.
market salary, fun environment, respectful
Senior Consultant/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 19, 2018
global company, management changes often, diverse team cultures, competitive within different regions. Employees get chance to work on different projects and learn new skills
Great Place to work
AEM Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
Great place to work, team outings,parties are great.Teams are collaborative and very minimal chances to learn and grow. But over all decent place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Learning
Flexibile
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2018
Have been with this company for a long time. The company provides opportunities to grow in your career and has flexible hours. The company needs to improve on scope and resource planning and allocation to avoid long working hours and excessive movement of resources between different teams.
Pros
Flexible, growth oppurtunities
Cons
not good health benefits, not good resource planning and allocations
Ok
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
It was okay. Flexibility, benefits, time off, culture was all amazing. Work we were actually doing and management was not promoting growth. I wish that I could've had an awesome manager and that probably would've changed things.
Fun place to work at!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Publicis.Sapient is a fast growing company and in my tenure of 10 years I have learned lot of things their and always be thankful to my supervisors for the same. Overall its has a great workplace culture...
Pretty Good Job
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMay 24, 2018
They provide decent starting pay and (as long as the company as a whole is performing well) give small raises to everyone annually. It is hard to get a promotion or ask for a decent raise, though. The company also keeps merging with other huge companies, so the name and top management/structure are constantly changing. Hours can be long at times, typical to Agency life. The culture can be fun in some departments, and cold in others.
Open and productive workplace with game rooms and bar taps
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2018
Hard to get a promotion. Pigeon-holed into certain areas. Great workplace culture. Company makes a sincere effort to make sure employees have fun while working hard.
Good Place to Work
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 10, 2018
Great environment and friendly people. The technology is cutting edge and they will support you through the project and their implementation. Challenging situations that keep you engaged.
No consistency between teams
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2018
It's a good company but it's a frankenstein. We absorb and merge with companies but don't onboard the new employees well nor do we assuage the concerns of existing employees. Your experience is completely dependent on your department and manager. But overall, morale is low and it effects everything.
Pros
Free fruit and beverages, the occasional company party, will learn a lot and can grow here. Also can work in different offices
Cons
Unclear expectations, Low Morale, Pays less than competitors
Has changed a lot since I first started
Search Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2018
This company is very fast-paced and forward-thinking, and I have learned so much in my time here. The amazing talent is undoubtedly what drives the success of SapientRazorfish. Unfortunately the company merge rocked the culture and leadership a bit, and vertical movement is slow.
Pros
Great benefits and PTO, team dynamics
Cons
Slow promotions, long hours
Very interesting and modern, dynamic environment
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
I worked as the only high school intern there but I was treated fairly well and I learned about the social media marketing business. My co-workers were all mostly friendly and willing to give instruction when needed.
No Culture/No Advancement
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Due to multiple mergers the company has lost it's identity.

In line with that:
-I don't know who my HR rep is.
-My Career Manager has cancelled every scheduled meeting (reoccurring biweekly) that we were supposed to have to date.
-If you get stuck on the bench, you're most likely going to be terminated as most roles are being filled with cheaper positions out of India.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything positive to say at this time.
Avoid
Marketing Strategy & Analysis Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 15, 2017
Very cut throat, brutal hours, good pay, smart people, interesting projects, sink or swim, no onboarding, no work life balance, funny ppl, lots of drinking, dont be fooled by the game room--its a conference room in disguise
Too Much Offshoring
Senior Project Manager - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 1, 2017
Good digital firm with lots of capabilities and resources. Too much work sent to offshore, with too much dependancy on offshore to drive decisions and direction for clients in the U.S.
Pros
Many resources here come from a strong culture
Cons
Quickly losing their culture
Work and play far exceeded my expectations
Lead Online Advertising Analyst for FIAT Brand (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, MINovember 2, 2017
I was an extremely happy employee for 4 and half + years. The work capacity mixed with the culture far exceeded my expectations. Felt respected throughout my entire employment.
Large digital marketing company whose recent merger still has kinks to work out.
Engineer L2 (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 31, 2017
SapientRazorfish is an expansive company that recently went through a merger (Sapient and Razorfish) - while the merger has "righted the ship" so to speak, the workload is still uneven across the company and getting enough to do can be difficult. I appreciate the work/life balance, but sometimes there is just too much down time to feel like the job is going anywhere.
Pros
Work/life balance, ability to work remotely
Cons
Fractured communication across regions and uneven workloads
Once a pioneer, now a political post-merger mess
Director of Integrated Strategy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2017
The tech/start up culture of Sapient was interesting.. and I believe working towards a new model in marketing + it consulting and creativity.

But, as things go with holding company politics, the rushed SapientNitro-Razorfish merger has created enormous shifts in how they operate, and a clash of culture.

As a younger person starting their career I'd never advise against it.. Those who have more experience, be wary. The politics and divisiveness could take some time to course correct.
Pros
Self Starter-Entrepreneurial, Building new marketing service model, tech savvy, great design talent
Cons
Inflexible, Political, Old Guard vs New Guard, Cultures Clashing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SapientRazorfish. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SapientRazorfish.