Sapp Bros., Inc.
61Average

Sapp Bros., Inc. Employee Reviews

United States117 reviews
Truck Stop / Gas Station
We strive to make "customers/guests" happy. The happiness of the workers doesn't seem to matter. Your pay will most likely never go up. There is no communication between upper management & employees. People call off all the time & there is not enough help (they don't hire enough) so therefore you are more than likely going to be asked to come in early or stay late. (Whether you want to or not.) I feel as if they only care about customers & not employees.
Manager dont like woman.treats them like were stupid
Manager in the restaurant is argent. Thinks life should all be like his. Constantly talks about his past drug addiction and lies to make you question yourself and be littles you any way he can. His past has made him have issues with woman and it shows in his job. Never has a manager made me hate going to work like him.
Excellent company to work for
This is the best job i have ever held great place to be and management is awesome. Easy going place that cares about their customers and employees. Really enjoy coming to work everyday.
Good= flexible with hours
I have worked here 32yrs and have seen all ups and downs a company can go thru full staffed to barely making it thru the week with 5 people. It all make a difference when and how you take it
Double standards
Not an equal opportunity employer, shop manager is a drunk. He will call and even come out to the shop drunk to deal with situations. Shop managers son is allowed to sexually harass all the women there if you say anything you are threaten with your job. The only company I know that lets employees continuously no call no show and still have a job. Poor management
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Management pretends to care but they dont
Management allows their associates to be verbally abused by lower management with no consequences and doesn’t support employees that bring it to their attention. Upper management gossip.
Pros
Full time, great customers
Cons
Management gossips and doesn’t support employees.
Horrible
You don’t get paid what you deserve, management is a joke, they will never help you or take anything you say seriously. Stay away from this place at all costs
Poor management
Due to poor management I did not have to tools necessary to complete my job to the best of it's ability. Manager never would check to make sure things were running smoothly
Very poor management
GM is a joke. Never helps his employees. Sits in his office and makes fun of people while he watches cameras. Employees are very dishonest and aren't there for anything but a check. Loyal employees suffer the most with not apprication from management.
Sapp bros
Very nice company they. Appreciate what you do are very nice and help full care about your wellbeing very nice group of people to work with they always try to make sure you do something different each day
Flexible, independent work schedule
Making sure that the job gets done. Motivating employees and good job performance. Difficulty during short handed employee shortage. Learned about working on diesel and gas pumps. Made good relationships with some management, staff and customers.
I felt like part of a family. There was alwaays something new to learn and someone willing to teach you. The best part was meeting different people.
This job helped me appreciate how life works and just how important truckers are. To be apart of this was fun. When a truck driver needed a tire fixed, or a oil change my job was simply to see he got charged correctly and w right parts. Boss was good to me, help eed d out as well. Great place, food And nice pple. Wished one was closer to me. I'd still be th
Sapps
Great place to work never a problem but, personal family isdue became public work environment became hostile was forced to quit. Liked working there.
Horrible workplace
They cant keep anyone because all management cares about is their bonuses. The GM and Shop Manager have poor customer service skills, always an excuse for bad performance. The GM sits in his office all day doing who knows what. They try to use fear of losing your job for performance and it shows. To wrap it up Dont work here
Pretty good company
Was a great company who really seemed to care about it's employees. Over the years, as the Sapp Brothers have passed away and new head honchos take over, you get the feeling they don't care for the employees as much. Poor management at my location resulted in a toxic work environment that I could no longer take after 7 years. That should really say something after 7 years.
I would never go back
Management was the reason I left. They could not keep help. They expected you to stay if the next shift person did not show up. Very stressful environment to work.
Fun and easy-going workplace.
It was a fun and easy-going place to work. Sometimes it could be fast-paced and keep you on your toes but that was the best part about it. The other workers there were very helpful and fun but serious when needed.
Great place to work.
Freedom to control the operations of the store. They have a great feel to the business. Company listens to suggestions. I had great interaction with the president of the company, always feel like I really matter and make a difference.
Pros
Privately owned company.
Cons
No financial advancment plan.
Great place to learn and grow. Management is amazing.
As a new diesel technician at the time this place helped me grow as a tech and a person. The work culture was friendly and inviting. The only issues I ever ran into was the lack of staff due to the job market. I would absolutely recommend working here.
Great place to work.
I enjoy working at Sapp Brothers because most the time everyone is working together to make sure everything runs smoothly. Management makes it easy to work there and they help us when we need it.
Pros
50% off anything we make in the store
Cons
healthcare
Alright place to work for
Sapp brothers was an alright company to work for but management makes a lot of open promises that are never carried through and getting ripped off of my and other mechanics commissions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sapp Bros., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.