Sapp Bros., Inc. Employee Reviews

Good At First, But Beware!
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 20, 2019
If you are doing this job temporarily its ok, but for the long run don't expect advancement. The positions are landlocked because the only way they will open is if someone retires. Also, since the management is so poor, you'll get in trouble for trying to do the right thing mainly do to micromanagement. And, then any good you did is undone.

Next, its a very unprofessional environment. At the service center (repair shop) employees will swear in front of the customers, and somehow its ok. Management tried to fix this, but they were unsuccessful. As you have to lead by example. Also, you have to keep track of all your commissions, and management failed to tell me this till 3 weeks into my employment! And, I asked them about the commission structure several times!

If you really need the money take this job, but don't stay long you'll regret it. And, if somehow this works out for you. I hope you'll become a manager some day and really turn this place around. Live long and prosper.
Pros
50% off of combo meals at BK, profit sharing after 1 year, Easy work
Cons
Micromanagement, Poor Management, Lack of Advancement, Poor Commission Structure.
Smooth work flow on graveyard shifts
Cashier at SAPP BROS (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 2, 2019
Managers are very nice and extremely helpful people and they are fun to work with as long as the daily tasks are being worked on or finished. I haven't had any problems and never felt disrespected.
Pros
50 percent off for lunch
Cons
Graveyard shifts
Great Place to work
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Worked there twice, the people you work with are nice and accepting you get along with everybody. The customers have interesting Stories to tell you when you are slow.
Pros
Half lunches, Discounted Gas
Challenging and fun place, something new everyday happens
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 31, 2018
It is a good company to work for. If you apply yourself there is room fir advancement. Offers great benefits and incentives to their employees. It is a family owned company and a Christian company that tries to improve things for its employees
Pros
Discount on gas, food, and purchases
Cons
Never closes for holidays
Fun easy going work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Point, NENovember 19, 2018
7am to 6pm
Learn how to safely transport petroleum products and
Properly conduct vehicle maintenance and log books
Easy going management
Home everyday
Pros
Home every night
Explains the atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Odessa, NEOctober 25, 2018
Everyday was different when you're working with truckers. The co-workers for the most part were very friendly and workable. I enjoyed my time at Sapp Bros.
Was a decent starting job.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAOctober 11, 2018
This was the first paid job I had. I had good teachers when I was there that taught me most of what I know about being a mechanic now. Wouldn't change my experiences there.
Great place overall to work.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAOctober 11, 2018
Nice people willing to help if you don't understand what to do. Great work environment, great managaement. Definitely would do it all again hardest part was doing something new alone
Pros
Breaks, friendly atmosphere
Sapp Bros
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEOctober 8, 2018
Sapp Bros was a very fast-paced job. I enjoyed making small talk with customers and meeting new people everyday. Everyone I worked with was friendly and understanding. I enjoyed every minute working here.
Fast paced work environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Requires you to move fast and keep organized, and to have great customer service skills. You need to have great time management skills to work this job,
Pros
Working and serving with the public
Cons
Pay
good place to work, very laid back, nice people, minimum wage
Retail (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 14, 2018
wasn’t there for very long, my mom had worked there for a couple years before I started so I had known pretty much everyone which was nice, was only a part time job for extra money while I was still in highschool
Pros
subway in the building
Cons
open 24 hours
Bad Management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2018
Probably had the worst training manager that I have ever had in years. Was a micro manager.The trainer didnt even know that much about the operation and the help knew more than he did. He never came out of the office except to go upstairs to the offices or take a lunch break. Would not recommend this place to work to my worst enemy. Would tell anyone that ask to stay clear. Like a lot of the reviews stated the managers set around and watch the cameras 24/7. Again not a place I would refer anyone to.
Pros
isnt any
Cons
Micro Managed To Deaath
its a job
Fuel Hauler (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2018
its a job nothing to brag about. your hauling fuel so you need a hasmat and tanker endirsment. and it does seam to pay more then thje jobs that doesent require one. the only reason you make good money there cause you work 60 hours a week.
Pros
discounts on lunches
Cons
the 6pm to 6am
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 7, 2018
It was always a great day at work. I would open the store and be there until 10:30 am or longer if someone could not make it to work. I would do the ordering and put it away. I would come in at nights and fix the computers if they went down,
Pros
fun
Fun advancement
Restaurant manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 9, 2018
Good company to work for . Looking to get out of management. Have given me great opportunity. Learned so much. Enjoying all staff. I had great p n l''s manage food lobor.
Pros
Been good to me
Cons
Less stress of management
Family owned business
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 5, 2018
Sapp bros was a nice place to work and they tried to do the right thing but it did not always happen. They work very hard at keeping costs in line. Safety was especially important and much time was spent training on the subject.
Pros
They do care
Cons
Income was limited
Resouresful staff who are able to work as a team
Vice President Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2018
Typical day would consist reviewing Salesforce, meeting with sales folks and discussing days activities either by phone or in person. Meeting with Credit Manager and discussing any credit applications or bad debit that needs to be addressed. Work with Supply to see if there are any needs for increase volumes in branded terminals or transportation issues we need to communicate to the customers. Work with any dealers or calls that need to be addressed and/or make some site visits to review their sites and how the sales staff and transportation has done. Work with the Branded Oil companies to work programs and/or any new sites that might be up for consideration. Also work with the planning for sales staff and what goals they may have and establish notes how we may get there or new build new goals for them to meet.
Pros
Enjoyed the staff and people I worked with
Cons
Lack of leadership in the upper management for short and long term goals
Worst job
Driver (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJune 8, 2018
Don't know why I stayed here 5 years. Management is the worst, doesn't care about the employees. Lots of favouritism. Half of the employees sit on there butts while you do all the work. Dispatchers have no idea where you are going and if you ask they get crazy and turn into female dogs. New guys with no experience get hired on with better pay then people that have been around for years. It's not worth the headache!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
terrible place to work, great place for gas
Fuel desk attendant (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 18, 2018
This was a culturally harsh and bias environment, especially as a person of color. Management was all related and half the staff actually did their jobs.
Pros
plenty of food choices/truck stop food
Cons
trucker attitudes
Loved the truckers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 11, 2018
I loved working with the truckers. They are a wonderful breed for the most part. It was management that made it rough. Too much perfection expected and too high of an expectation to learn quickly.
Pros
Insurance plans, paid vacation time, discounts
Cons
Stressful management