Saputo Employee Reviews

Overall great company to work for
Credit and Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  LincolnshireJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoy working for Saputo and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The structure is great and very friendly people.
Great health insurance and flexible hours.
Management is a terrible issue
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Almena, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Management is constantly being replaced and communication between them is dismal at best. Some employees are allowed to skate by, others that put the extra effort in are punished heavily for much less.
Fast Paste Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 6, 2019
You work from 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am. Sunday thru Saturday. You work 2 days off then 2off 2days. Must be at least 18 years old. Needs to be able to multitask and must be able to operate forklift
Pros
2 15 minute breaks 30 minute lunch
fun
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  New London, WIDecember 21, 2018
I was at this plant for along time never had any issues loved coming to work everyday and enjoyed doing it i would still be here if it wasnt for the plant closing
Pays well for the area.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gustine, CADecember 19, 2018
Long hours, high employee turnover, most managers are new. A good company to work for if you do not mind hard work. Training workshops for managers and supervisors would improve the culture.
Factory job with no advancement
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALDecember 14, 2018
Don't expect a day off at this place. You work 7 days a week no matter what. Poor supervisors and no work life balance. Pay is decent but alot better surrounding plants pay better. No training for position just showed how and left alone to figure out yourself. Do not let life happen to you or retaliation and trouble will get you in big trouble. Wouldn't waist my time, look for better job.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
No life outside plant.
Favoritism and lies
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Belmont, WIDecember 10, 2018
The people were fun to work with. Organization of what we were doing always changed, because the manager was lost in his favorites. You could do more than your job but if management didn't like you. Well you know how that goes. Never like to replace people when they quit or get fired. Company doesn't really care about the workers. CUT ALL OF THE BONUSES WHEN SAPUTO TOOK OVER!!!(Christmas & Thanksgiving) Needs new supervisors, managers, HR, and plant manager. Basically restart.
Pros
Cater in food on holiday
Cons
Shorr breaks
Ok
MAINT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTDecember 5, 2018
NICE COMPANY long hours alot of noise but people are nice i worked 12 hour night shift a wet enviorment with constant steam and noise must wear ear protection and hard hat
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours and alot of noise
A Job
Forklift Operator/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYDecember 2, 2018
It is a job, employees are ok to work with. In the end it is only about the company, employees are meant to deal with it or go somewhere else. Rules are somewhat abstract and meant to be interpreted however the company wants and enforced or not when they want,
My review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 21, 2018
Great company to work for. I went from a temp employee to a full time Lab technician. So the career advancement was definetely there.
The only con would the amount of time away from family.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
60 hr work week
Productive and great work place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CANovember 19, 2018
Excellent company to work for with Great wages The management is all trained at the highest level. The maintenance department has a very flexible schedule that works with all mechanics.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Night shifts
Great work place
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lena, WINovember 15, 2018
I honestly loved this work place. It was perfect for me. They worked well with my schedule. I loved the people. All in all a great work place for anyone!
Productive and fast pace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Waupun, WINovember 15, 2018
Excellent wages and treated well. Eight to ten hour shifts depending on customer orders per week. Duties and work was easy and the management worked closely with the line workers. Plenty of vacation time and sick time per year.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Great fast pasted working environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 9, 2018
Boshe 5 is very rough it's very very fast past with huge heavy boxes. alot of people walk out but I called my supervisor to come help me until she could find me a different position to go work at.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for
Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Lena, WINovember 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time with Saputo Cheese USA, Inc. The workplace culture was one of team work and building the team to make it better on all levels.

I enjoyed the fact that if you wanted to explore other avenues within the company, you were encouraged to do so.
good place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXOctober 25, 2018
excellent place to work and the co workers are great. love my job. We work twelve hour days with every other weekend off. The pay is great and the benefits are okay.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Waupun, WIOctober 20, 2018
Fast paced and can learn alot. Willing to train as long as your willing to learn. Every job isn't too physical for everyone. I have and will continue to enjoy my time there.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
Work to life balance can be tricky
Long Hours
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gustine, CAOctober 11, 2018
Too Many hours
Young inexperienced leadership
Poor work life balance
EE's are nice and respectful for the most part
Salaried turn over is high
No HR training for their inexperienced leaders
No advancement, but a lot of hours if you desire.
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 2, 2018
I worked for Saputo for about six months as a floater meaning that I was forced to cover all vacations, whether they were first, second, or third shift. This made my work/life balance intolerable and forced me to seek another position.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, a lot of overtime, and FREE ICE CREAM!
Cons
Poor management, work/life balance.
Supervisors and management horrible
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Newman CaOctober 1, 2018
Saputo can be great and has room for potential, but the management and supervisors are very unfair and don't oblige by the company rules they treat there employees like cattel and are nothing like saputo advertises to be standing together looking forward is falls advertising and I would like a refund management and supervisors need to understand employees are what keep the company afloat and we deserve respect
Pros
You can make money and the people the are wonderful and very hard working
Cons
Management/supervisors have no respect for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight