Sarah's Circle

Sarah's Circle Pay & Benefits reviews

United States17 reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & Benefits

Growing organization with an incredibly dedicated staff, a miss when it comes to compensation

The staff has made working at Sarah's Circle worth it. It's a special group of people that are extremely knowledgeable about homeless support services and are extremely dedicated to the org's mission. Unfortunately the compensation offered is not commiserate with the work load or the mental strain that comes with doing this work. The organization is going through a lot of growing pains as it expands and creates more affordable housing, hopefully this will get better as they hire more staff. Unfortunately I've been told multiple times that more staff is being hired to lighten our work loads but it hasn't actually materialized yet.

Pros

doing good work, great mission, incredible staff completely dedicated to the mission of the org, opportunity for growth within the org (depending on your interests)

Cons

low compensation (relative to the amount of work), mentally & physically draining work, unpaid mandatory lunch breaks, development & programming teams treated differently, feelings of mistrust within upper level management

Great Work Culture, Poor Work Life Balance

I enjoyed working there however the position was only for a year with no possibility of staying on longer. Benefits were good but didn't allow much flexibility with your schedule incase of emergencies (wouldn't recommend if you have children).

Pros

Work Culture

Cons

Work-Life Balance

Sarah's Circle insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Place to gain Human Service Experience

I worked Night Audit at Sarah's Circle for about five months. Good pay compensation. Lack of contact with Night Audit Shift and Management would be the only con. Great place to work if you have a split schedule.

Treats clients poorly, poor compensation, promotion not based on performance

This shelter has great initiatives, but treats workers poorly. You will be paid minimum wage to risk your safety and be treated like you are worthless.

Pros

Social work experience

Cons

atrocious compensation, benefits, work environment, workplace safety

Great benefits, calm working environment, wonderful co-workers, with a variety of work duties. Plenty inter-action with meal providers and volunteers that help promote the well being of clients.

Very poor supervisor to employee communication, fair job security, attitude that "this is your life - and you must swear allegiance to this agency."

Case manager. This is a very competitive work environment, very poor supervision and difficult to access quality supervision. Demanded a huge amount of work with low compensation. May be OK if employee is a recent graduate.

Sarah's Circle helped many homeless women find jobs and homes. I enjoyed my time working there.

I worked 12 hours a day, four days a week, and loved my co-workers. I learned a lot about how to be professional, even when the client/customer is not being polite. I learned how to multi-task daily. I learned how a non for profit organization works and how they get funding.

Cons

no healthcare, no raises, and no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarah's Circle. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Sarah's Circle Reviews by Location

Learn about Sarah's Circle in popular locations

• Sarah's Circle
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?