Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Systems Employee Reviews

I wouldn’t work there again
Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 14, 2018
A Support Partner is an entry level job. Most of the RN’s and CNA’s think that they can treat you like trash. They leaving things for you and don’t help you out on their free time. Support partners clean rooms, and you could have 10 rooms to clean in a night. That means you can’t clean them all, but no one even strips beds to help you out.
Plenty of time off, good benifits
Boiler Operator/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILApril 6, 2018
My time at SBLH was okay, I did work with some great people. The company has very good benefits, but is horrible about any kind of advancement or pay increase to its Facilities Employees. They also offer Bonuses but make them difficult to obtain. The work load was quite low on a daily basis due to meetings constantly which meant that it was a very inefficient from any kind of a business standpoint,
I think that overall ,I would rate employment at Sarah Bush Lincoln a good experience.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 4, 2018
There is no typical day at work,I liked doing different things everyday.I learned more knowledge and improved greatly on critical thinking skills.I believe that management attempted to make a good work environment,although I wish that the director would have observed employees,rather than took a co-workers "concern" without getting both sides of the story and confronted employee in a accusing manor. I enjoyed the co-workers that worked on my shift,I did not like the co-workers that I gave report to,there were usually at least 3 different every morning and some of them with attitudes. I feel that you should not judge someone until you have walked a mile in his or her shoes. The hardest part part of the job is that you do your best,but you can not help everyone,people have to want to help themselves first. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help the patient and he or she has a good outcome.
work with a fun group of people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 14, 2017
Dealing with employees who "just don't care." is the hardest part of my job.
I have gained lots of experience from this place of employment, attended many leadership classes, where I have learned how to deal with a variety of issues.
benefits
Cons
no merit raises
Great co-workers
Graduate Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 16, 2017
The Cardiac Rehab program here was very up and coming, growing rapidly. The employees were very knowledgeable and competent and the patients are always bright and positive. Fun atmosphere.
Great workplace
Clinic Service Liaison/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working in the Pediatrics Clinic of a busy East Central location that provided care for the surrounding communities up to 50 miles away.
Fun and energetic place to work!!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 29, 2013
This has by far been one of the toughest positions I've held because it involves giving immunizations to children. Although I do LOVE being around the kids all day, there is something about a child that can make you smile even on your worst day! My co-workers are a very fun and lively group of ladies whom I learn from on a daily basis. Management always seems to have encouraging words and they push you to strive to be a better nurse!
Pros
Fun work environment!
Cons
Never enough staff!
Miss working there
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 27, 2013
The best people to work with. They all became family. Great stories. Enjoyed working in the judicial system,
Very fast paced job with much traveling required
L.P.N. (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILAugust 16, 2012
Working in an enjoyable area with rural area clients. Flexibilty required. High traveling required with a high volume of clients/venipuctures..hospital lab drop offs included within this time phrame. Physician calls included and lab, phone calls.
Very busy job.
Pros
able to set my own schedule, within an 8 hour work day, enjoy working with elderly clients
Cons
short breaks, much traveling, detailed and lengthy nursing visits