Sarah Cannon Network Employee Reviews

Would not recommend this company who has experience in operations and advancing the organization in a meaningful, lasting way
Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2018
I came into the Sarah Cannon organization with high hopes of making a difference. But from almost day one, it was almost like a hazing. The CEO wanted quantity of care paths without quality of lasting care paths that lead to better patient care and lasting organizational change. I worked close to 80 hours per week, but then decided this was not fair to my team and backed off the hours for the team to work. Nothing was so urgent that we needed to work the weekends and my team needed a break on a weekly basis because of their dedication. So, I did not get any thanks for building my team or the quality work that was done. I would not recommend this company to anyone that has operational experience and knows how to make an organization effective and efficient.
Pros
HCA company
Cons
Short sighted arrogant leadership
N/a
Regulatory (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 19, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy with addressing queries from monitors/sponsors for protocols assigned to you. Time is also spent on reviewing ICF updates and protocol amendments, routing updates documents to the sites.
Onboarding & Orientation at Sarah Cannon
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2018
This is without a doubt, the most professional Onboarding and Orientation I have been through in my 20+ year career in HR. The interview process was very easy, the Managers and Admin stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process, and worked with me to coordinate my start date. There were a series of phone interviews, and each went off without any issues.

I began my new role at the brand-new (and truly beautiful!) Nashville, TN HQ where everyone there is truly welcoming, and interested in you as a person -- not just what you can do for them. I witnessed first hand that everyone wants to know more about you - each new employee I met (regardless of title) is genuine and compassionate, while focusing on the patient outcomes of beating cancer.

The team members that were scheduled to lead Orientation were on time, super friendly, and very well prepared. The technology provided is state of the art, and there will be a 30-, 60-, 90-day followup to insure that new employees do not get 'lost in the shuffle' as so many companies allow.
Pros
Fantastic corporate culture! Smooth and professional Onboarding. Friendly and fun team members!
Cons
Nothing so far.
Great for patients, not so much for employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2018
Would not return there. The place is cut-throat, no training, management is either blind or looking the other way. Favorites get away with murder while all others suffer.
April 12, 2018

We appreciate you feedback and take it very seriously. We work hard to ensure colleagues have a great onboarding and training experience, as well as an engaging work environment. It's disappointing to hear you didn't feel that was a priority. Please reach out to a member of HR or a leader you trust if you'd like to further discuss your concerns in detail.

Great atmosphere but the hours could sometimes be long.
Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2018
It was a good place to work but you could sometimes find yourself working 60-80 hours a week at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part was that once a year the whole company would get together and hear from a patient that had been helped by our company.
April 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our patients are at the heart of every decision that we make, so, like you, we always enjoy hearing their stories and being reminded of the importance and impact of Sarah Cannon’s work.

We want to thank you for all that you did and assure you, we recognize the work that members of our teams do to achieve organizational success. We also know that Sarah Cannon is growing rapidly; therefore, we are working diligently to properly staff our departments to handle the workload. We would love the opportunity to talk with you about your individuals concerns if you’d like to reach out to your previous manager or a member of HR.

Monotous Daily Work
Data Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2018
Love this company's mission, vision, and pioneering through their unique industry. But this role is just not a position I had thought it was when I first joined Sarah Cannon. Daily work can be extremely repeatitive and draining. If you have a college degree worth something, I'd recommend to continue your job search elsewhere.
Pros
Beautiful office building. Great location.
Cons
Work content.
April 6, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and your review of Sarah Cannon as your current employer. We strive to hire individuals like you who are passionate about our mission.

The growth and development of our colleagues is something that Sarah Cannon has invested in and takes seriously. We want each of our colleagues to succeed and are excited to partner with each individual in discussing growth and career opportunities. We invite you to engage in a development conversation with your current manager or HR about your current role and your career aspirations.

Productive and fast-paced
Clinical Programmer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 11, 2018
Learned how important it is to maintain a good working relationship with colleagues; hardest part of the job was managing workload and timelines for database builds and mid-study changes
March 6, 2018

We appreciate your feedback of Sarah Cannon as your current employer. As you noted, collaborative relationships are pivotal in fighting cancer together to achieve our mission and deliver care. We hope to foster these relationships by living into our cultural commitments.

We certainly respect and welcome any feedback to make Sarah Cannon a great place to work. We encourage you to speak with your current manager or a member of the HR team to share any suggestions or process improvement ideas to help manage your workload.

Good benefits, fair salaries, good management
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2018
Fast paced environment conducting cardiology clinical trials. Good management support, collaborative work environment, great support staff, rewarding role.
Pros
benefits, salary, rewarding role, good management
Cons
long hours, stressful role
March 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At Sarah Cannon, all colleagues collaborate to care for and treat our patients by advancing therapies with clinical trials in areas such as cardiology and oncology. We recognize the fast-paced nature of this work environment and know that our progress in treatment and research is made possible through the compassion and commitment of our colleagues.

Good Place to Work
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2018
I was excited to work for a cancer research center who was interested in curing cancer. Colleagues were very interested in assisting cancer patients and curing their fate.
daily workflow
(SCRI) - Collections Specialist - Non-Oncology (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 18, 2018
worked on clinical trials for the company, billing and collections of data information to send to prospective patients that would qualify for the trails
Pros
401k and insurance info
Cons
training
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. In the fight against cancer, each member of the Sarah Cannon team serves such a pivotal role to help achieve our mission. You mention training as an area for improvement. We continuously work to enhance our training and education offerings.

We wish you the best in your current endeavors and invite you to keep us in mind if you are interested in returning here in the future.

Great Culture and staff
Clinical Trials Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 11, 2017
I love the patients and staff at SCRI. The management seem out of touch with the realities of clinical trial management today. This can make for a difficult work environment.
December 19, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Sarah Cannon makes intentional investments in our culture and staffing so we are glad you are having a positive experience. Your concerns about management and your work environment are certainly something we would like to hear more about.

We continue to foster a culture that welcomes candid conversations, so we invite you to bring your concerns forward to your current manager. If you would feel more comfortable speaking with HR, please reach out and a member of the team will be happy to chat.

Challenging but rewarding
Medical (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
Sarah Cannon is a great name in Oncology Research and they provide excellent care to patients. This is not always the easiest field to work in and the team here is great at helping each other through tough situations. The pay is decent but the benefits are a bit higher than I've paid elsewhere. It is a mentally and emotionally challenging position but the rewards are meeting some of the strongest and most persevering people around.
Pros
Generous pay, decent PTO, room for growth
Cons
Costly benefit packages
SCRI does good things.
Phase 2/3 Research Nurse Management (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 31, 2017
Working for SCRI makes you feel good about yourself due to the type of work you are completing. The culture of the company is good however the nurses always get excluded due their on-site environment.
November 20, 2017

We appreciate both your feedback and your contribution to our fight against cancer! We agree that the work done at Sarah Cannon to transform care and personalize treatment for our patients is fulfilling, and we could not do it without passionate colleagues like you.

We recognize that having multiple sites can impact feelings of inclusivity, so we are always seeking new ways to support colleague connections and collaboration. We would appreciate growing from your individual feedback, so please feel free to reach out to your former manager or a member of the HR team to share what may have made you feel more connected. Your suggestions may help us better support other colleagues in similar roles going forward.

Lacking Life and Work Balance
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 2, 2017
Company is new and having growing pains. New management hires can be difficult. Personality may clash with comfortable environment. Travel can be excessive. Always seem to be putting out fires.
November 9, 2017

Thank you for taking time to provide us with a review. Sarah Cannon has grown quickly and we celebrate the strides we’ve made as an organization. As we continue to mature, our investment in our culture, our colleagues and work processes remain a top priority. If you have an interest in discussing your individual experience, we invite you to reach out to your former manager or a member of the HR team.

Employees are not valued. Company pays lowest in industry.
Clinical Research Professional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2017
The environment and culture at Sarah Cannon has gone downhill over the past few years. Employees are not valued nor compensated for their hard work. The workload cannot be completed in a regular 40 hour work week. Politics are out the roof. Promotions are based on favoritism. Management does not value employees by any means and does not support growth. Little to no room for growth unless you make a lateral move. Processes are extremely inefficient and change daily which makes for complete chaos.
Pros
Flexible hours
October 30, 2017

We appreciate you providing your feedback of Sarah Cannon as your current employer. We thank you for all that you do and value each colleague and their contributions to our Mission. You voiced several different concerns and we take those seriously. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or a member of our HR team as we would be happy to discuss each of your specific concerns.

Stressful unappreciative environment.
Research Monitoring Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2017
Unhappy with my experience with Sarah Cannon much is expected but very little is given. There is no compensation for working numerous hours overtime or room for growth. Management is not concerned with entry level individuals growth that work hard they are based on a friendship matter for growth and opportunities. Guidance is very minimal within our environment.
October 23, 2017

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to further discuss your individual concerns, please reach out to your current manager or a member of the HR team.

Sarah Cannon is committed to the growth, development, and fair compensation of all of our colleagues. As you may recall from our Colleague Development information sessions, we have invested much of this year to deliver development resources accessible to all colleagues who are seeking career growth. We highly encourage anyone within the organization to partner with their leaders for additional support.

Challenging
Colleague (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 23, 2017
The workplace culture is highly competitive, extremely fast-paced, constantly changing and exceedingly complex. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients.
October 16, 2017

We appreciate both your review and the work that you do in our fight against cancer! We agree that our patients are at the heart of our organization. Thanks to dedicated colleagues like you, we are able to drive care, research, and progress forward in this competitive and fast-paced industry.

Great people to work with
LEAD BUDGET ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2017
Great people to work with, but the job can seem overwhelming at times. SCRI does care about your input which is great, but some of the processes are inefficient. However, they are currently working through these inefficiencies and they try to make a better workplace for everyone.
October 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. As you noted, Sarah Cannon is certainly committed to receiving input from our colleagues and making process improvements. We are pleased that you are seeing progress! If you have further ideas for improving inefficiencies, we encourage you to share your suggestions with your current manager or a member of HR.

accounting (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 9, 2017
lots of work; work-life balance is unstable; fast growing company not staffed properly; started as entrepreneurial and ended as corporate; fun activities
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some management; pay
Horrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician/ purchaser (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2017
Not friendly people and they will stab you in the back every chance they get. They expect you to know things that you were never trained and they will fire you under Medical Leave
October 5, 2017

We appreciate you to taking the time to submit a review. We acknowledge your feedback and take your concerns seriously. If you would like to address your individual concerns, please contact a member of HR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarah Cannon Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Sarah Cannon Network Reviews by Location