Saranac Waterfront Lodge

Saranac Waterfront Lodge Employee Reviews

Saranac Waterfront Lodge insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Terrible!!!

Upper management will take you're soul. Salary is a trick! Get ready to work 80 hours a week and make less than the servers do! You'll be expected to do everything from accounting work, human resource work! I was once yelled at by upper management on my second week on the job for not having enough workers. They told me "I better find some workers quick" when I suggested we just open in the evening because of staff shortages and overall quality suffering at the restaurant.

Pros

Cons

everything.

Toxic workplace

Management doesn’t lead or train properly. Most of the time workers are left to their own devices. If your friends with management outside of work you get special treatment. So it doesn’t matter how hard you work if your not on friendly terms.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor work management

Energetic work environment

If you are looking for a place to work where you can meet people from all over our country and even other countries, this is the place to be. Strike up a "where are you from conversation" with the guests will ignite terrific dialogue and you may find you have things in common with the guests. The work place is beautiful and brand new. Just like every company in the country, the staff is limited because it is so hard to hire people right now. But that also brings about terrific opportunities for anyone who is willing to work and looking for career advancement. The benefits package is excellent (medical, vision, dental) and there is an employee referral program as well that pays a nice bonus!

Pros

Beautiful and exciting environment right on the water.

Cons

Short staffed due to country wide hiring difficulties

Not Employee Friendly

General Manager doesn't treat employees properly. Expects one employee to do two to three jobs at a time with one job base rate. Will shame you in front of fellow employees and customers if its not to his liking. Managers dont help if it gets busy and avoid doing any hands on work.

The employees

Upper management is terrible. There is poor communication down to employees. The GM is very dishonest and lacks leadership. Money is a constant problem with supporting the operations of the hotel. The building has major design flaws.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short staffing, everyone works overtime.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

I really enjoy the environment and people I work with.

This is a beautiful setting. The lake, loons, herons, bald eagles, geese and goslings make it all worthwhile. My days are busy and go by too quickly. I am excited to get to work each morning. There is a true spirit of "Team" here. Everyone helps each other. Everyone is approachable.

Pros

Employee meals, Pto, health benefits, etc.

Cons

When the hotel is at full occupancy, parking can be an issue. But I can walk to work on those days!

Too many managers, too few workers

This is absolutely the worst place to work. You are made to feel like you should never be seen, you are less than. When I quit they "made a mistake" and refused to pay me correctly. The worst management I've ever seen. The vibe is miserable and there is zero communication. If you work here you will be expected to work 3 plus positions for the pay of one.

Pros

Cons

Toxic work environment

Sinking Ship

Terrible culture. 5 managers for every worker, extremely disorganized and no clear communication. Managers have a bad attitude and treat the employees accordingly. I doubt this establishment will last more than a few years as it's already in financial hardship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saranac Waterfront Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Saranac Waterfront Lodge Reviews by Location