Saranac Waterfront Lodge

Front Desk Agent1 review
United States1 review

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 14 reviews

Listed below for space

Summary: Large property that was cheap and unintelligent in design and work space; Unhealthy work environment; New Operations manager is terrible; Few decent managers are overwhelmed and burnt out; Guests unhappy and underwhelmed as a result of poor decisions; Same type of AC units that caused fire still in use, still freezing and overheating... Everything major to be said about what I have experienced here can be seen above. There are other things which I will describe in more detail below... A few members of my department and management have tried their best, while others just gave up or never truly cared about what the hospitality industry should actually strive for (like the wellbeing, safety, and happiness of its guests rather than just making big money off of cheap and lousy experiences). COVID/burnout understaffing are all present here, but nothing that could really be done to resolve these issues is being done. There lacks an actual incentive to hire, guide, and take care of each employee for more than a few days. Not to mention the presence of a new manager that has put only further strain, frustration, and feelings of belittlement and insignificance on my coworkers, other managers, and myself. They are selfish, rude, obnoxious to both the guests and staff, and care only to do what they want rather than listen to calm, reasonable advice or feedback from others. In this world now, and always, we need mature, kind, and open-minded management/leaders in properties like this in order to fix past mistakes and actually make for a decent working environment. The wellbeing -

Pros

- Suitable pay for position

Cons

Same as above

Official response from Saranac Waterfront Lodge

December 22, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. As a new resort, it is always challenging during a first year of operation. We are glad that you felt the pay was suitable, however we do apologize for the transition and turnover affecting your job satisfaction. We realize new employees require extensive training and support to be comfortable and confident, enabling them to deliver service execution excellence to experienced travelers in the current environment. I am sorry you feel we failed to prepare you for this demanding role. We hope you are happy in your future endeavors. I appreciate the efforts you and the rest of the team have generated during these transitional times.As the new Rooms Director, I am trying to contribute to positive change and realize training efforts are mitigated with Covid coverage and compounding turnover. We take all feedback seriously and your comments have been noted. We are moving to correct these items there are many positive changes occurring and opportunities for improvement.Thank you again -

Saranac Waterfront Lodge insights