Sarasota Memorial Hospital

Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent career opportunities, good work ethics. Great teamwork. Good training and good transparency. Great communication between staff and management
Pros
Good benefits
Serious favoritism, rules apply to some but not others. Inappropriate management behavior, pushing religious and political beliefs and if yours differ you are treated different. When an opportunity for advancement arose, was told "I dont see you in this role bc you have kids. This job would require you to have a work cell phone and I cant see you wanting to answering when shopping for groceries". HR was no help when spoke with them regarding these issues.
Pros
Large organization
Cons
Management/poor treatment/ favoritism
Great pay! Good environment on my unit. Cafeteria is awful. Management has their flaws like every nursing unit. Annual raises and holiday bonuses. Overall it’s a good place to work.
Love SMH and its leadership from frontline and senior execs! Everyone appears to be working in unison with each other for the benefit of patients and its employees focused on quality of services and patient/staff/visitor satisfaction.
Pros
prosperous system
Cons
can't think of anything
Loved working at Employee Health Services! Great Department! Great family like coworkers. Fantastic work schedule. Busy department but team work a plus.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good pay and benefits. Offers case manager for employees who see multiple providers with special discount just for using them. Resources including someone just there to walk pts. Overall look forward to work.
Sarasota Memorial is an amazing company to work for. The benefits are great and the people I met were really sweet! You can advance quickly at this company because the people really care for each other here.
Pros
professional, benefits, transportation is easy
Cons
fast paced, management can be a bit condescending, pulled in many directions
I knew coming here I would be taking care of up to 6 patients on night shift but was assured this wasn’t common. I pretty much have 6 patients every night on a cardiac progressive care unit. I was told it was a heart failure unit but rarely get CHF patients. We get more alcohol withdraw patients that are combative and scary to care for. I was also told that after 6 months I could move to a different unit...but this was a lie. I have to be in my role for a year before moving to a new role within the hospital. The hospital has plenty of PPE for COVID but they keep moving the unit around the hospital. It’s now spread over 4 different units, some with no continuous O2 monitoring. The team work of the unit is the only reason people stay here. I’m just not sure if I’ll be able to be this miserable for another year.
Pros
Benefits, PTO accrual, team work
Cons
Heavy patient assignments
Great hospital to work for. Has several committees that are designated to help nurses and the patients well being. Iv team, pain team, behavioral health team, etc.
Not the greatest management. Poor communication in most circumstances. Promised benefits and pay increase base on my current experience within 90 days of employment which was not honored. Everyone outside of your specific department is against you. This organization has potential and needs work but I would not recommend this to anyone.
Pros
A few good coworkers
Cons
They don’t honor there promises. Everyone outside your department is against you.
I was so excited to work for SMH, I had always wanted to work here. So, imagine my surprise when I got here and the management is absolutely garbage. Obvious favoritism or you are emotionally abused if you aren't. They judge and make an opinion on you they first few times they meet you, not enough time to get to know you. And heaven for bid if you try to stand up for yourself and go to HR, they will find a reason to fire you then. You'd have a better chance of enjoying your life more if you lived with a pack of wolves.
Cons
Management, long hours, typically no breaks
Sarasota Memorial is good place to work. Culture is good. Management is helpful. Everyone works well together for greater good of delivering quality care.
Pros
Good work culture
Pay isn’t even comparable to other hospitals/locations in the area. Also felt like I was micromanaged a lot, smallest details warranted a write up.
Great team work and workers take pride in their jobs. Good clinical support. Working night shift has been difficult for my personal quality of life but I enjoy the team I work with and find management to be generally helpful and supportive.
I came to SMH as a brand new nurse and I got all the resources and support to grow as a nurse. Management is present and has an open door. I work in cardiac acute/tele floor and it is amazing. No cons.
Terrible experience overall. Everyone there seems so fake. Gossip and drama is common there and there’s always a new person coming in to start almost every other week.
Good pay and benefits. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Management wasn’t the greatest but it could’ve been worse. Overall I thought it was an okay job
The communication within this organization is exemplary. The goals are clearly set and patient care is the focus in everything we do. High expectations are standard and as long as you remain patient focused and do your best to follow policy and procedure, you’re good. I’m supported with good equipment, supportive leadership and a nice work life balance.
Pros
Work environment and compensation
Cons
Cafeteria
ED management by far the best I’ve ever worked for. Loved my job. Would recommend 100%. Very flexible hours. Extreme potential for growth. Encouraged to grow within the facility.
This is a beautiful hospital and if managed correctly on your floor a great place for growth and learning. But unfortunately some floors are just focused on how much they can get out of your new grads while conditioning them to do more for less
Pros
Facility
Cons
Ratios, management
Progressive hospital and great co-workers. Management backed their nurses. Easy clock in and out. Staffing ratios fair and manageable. Team work and positive environment of support.