Sarasota Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Transporting Patients
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 14, 2018
The part I enjoyed the most is working with the people. Having to take many different people, of all ages, to many different spots in the hospital and listening to them was what made my day. Amazing place to work for.
Amazing staff and AMAZING manager
Registred Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 6, 2018
I absolutely LOVE working at Sarasota Memorial as a RN. Unfortunately, as a single mom, I have struggled with work life balance due to the 12 hour shifts. If they offered 8 hour shifts on my unit, I would stay there for the rest of my career!
Pros
management truly cares, amazing co-workers, opportunities for advancement
Cons
only the 12 hour shifts
Taught me a lot
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Worked there for a year, hands on experience, teaching hospital, liked the people I worked with, would go back as a traveler, taught me what I needed to know to past the certification test and then I was ready to travel and make better money.
Fast paced work environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Nice place to work and a very social environment. Always meeting new people and putting out great food for the employees during breakfast and lunch hour.
Pros
paid time off(pto)
Cons
advancement opportunity
Amazing
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 2, 2018
SMH is truly an amazing organization for all healthcare team members. There is truly a team work collaborative culture that makes everyone feel welcomed. There is great diversity
Pros
great patient nurse ratios
Cons
short breaks
Co worker worked together
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Team work. Excellent work ethic, sanitizing, daily cleaning, mopping dusting, making beds, patient service. I am flexible responsible, Maintain good professional image.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Only lunch break
Advancement opportunities galore!
RN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 31, 2017
Great work environment, which was fairly competitive. Great room for growth and a vast amount of learning opportunities. Inter-disciplinary teams are easy to work with. Great structure and a magnet hospital.
Good company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 20, 2017
Alot of driving, the starting pay could be more due to the amount of driving from county to county. As far as work life/ social life.. the computer work that's needed should be operated different so there's no bringing work home etc. Otherwise it's a great company to work for with great benefits as well.
Benefits
Cons
Bringing work home
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
RN - Staff Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 14, 2017
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is a great place to work or be a patient. The staff are dedicated and knowledgeable with a great attitude. Teamwork in the emergency room made for a great experience for all.
Smh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work! I was able to go from my Associates degree to Master's while working full time. There was a lot of support for employees. Great workplace culture.

Want to know more about Sarasota Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
F&n
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 14, 2017
Sarasota Memorial hospital is a great place to work. The food and Nutrition supervisors really care about the well being of each employee. The job is stressful but fulfilling when understand that you are a vital aspect of the running of the hospital.
Pros
Pay
not good
Part Time - Hospitality Tech (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34239November 3, 2017
the mangament it not good . they are not willing to work with you and will not let u advanded when you meet your set time. They are not oraginsed for making schuldes for working.
Excellent Place to Work
Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 1, 2017
Sarasota Memorial is a Magnet Hospital with focus on holistic patient care. CDI program has been embraced and supported by administration with buy-in from physicians. I joined the organization 17 years ago as a seasonal employee and have never left! Excellent nursing staff, excellent physicians and outstanding working culture. Nursing opinions matter to physicians and to management.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Most enjoyable part of job
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 27, 2017
Was to be able to provide patient care with time needed to recuperate physically before returning to home after time spent in hospital with serious illnesses or surgeries
Pros
Learned use of new therapy devices to enhance positive patient care outcomes
Stressful but rewarding
Psychosocial Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 25, 2017
Stressful but rewarding. Discharge initiatives were unprecendented. Team work is good. Leadership mediocre. Important to maintain healthy work/family balance.
good money, hard work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  out backOctober 24, 2017
I sold weed and some crack out back. Made a lot of money, but worked long hours. Got busted by the SMH security team. Most of them dudes are ex-cops, so they were hard to fool. But I met a lot of nice people.
Pros
top dollar for my product
Cons
security force is as tough as 5-0
Good place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 23, 2017
I worked on 9wally few years ago it was a nice place to work. Very fast pace and your on your feet the whole shift. The management and nursing to can be hard at times because of the environment. But we only worked 3 days a week so it wasn't too bad.
Pros
3 days a week work shift 12hours
Cons
hard work
SMH is a great place to work
Senior Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 21, 2017
SMH is a great place to work. I would recommend working their, especially new graduate nurses. They have a great tuition reimbursement program and many resources for nurses to professionally develop.
Positive environment
Patient Safety Attendant PRN (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 18, 2017
Nice, friendly staff at Sarasota Memorial. Self-scheduling makes it possible to have a good work/life balance. Pay is competitive for the department I worked.
Stae of the art hospital
Laboratory Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 14, 2017
The lab was supplied with state of the art equipment. Most people stayed until they retired, which was an incredible advantage to those who had 20 years of employment.
Pros
Great environment-involvement in the community
Cons
New CEO- cut many positions