Saratoga Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Challenging work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Positive working environment for Registered Nursing staff. Award winning nursing staff. management involved with people.
Great place to work with endless opportunities to advance in health care
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 16, 2018
I have learned a lot at Saratoga Hospital and still continue to learn everyday. It is a great place to work and they really care about their employees.
this building has been long closed,
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 2, 2018
no longer open. This building is no longer open. It was a nice place to work 20 years ago when the building was open. I was not given the opportunity to write anywhere that it is closed and this is irrelevant.
Pros
no longer open
Cons
no longer open
wonderful staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  sarartogaApril 2, 2018
the ED staff are great. helpful and compassionate
coworkers are helpful. the ICU is wonderful and the nurses are the best
the phlebotomy dept is good, they do hire and train people right out of high school with no medical experience, which is not so good, for the patients.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
supervisory is not so good
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 27, 2018
Overall Saratoga Hospital was a good place to work. There were times that I was overwhelmed with work and times that I was looking for work to do but most of the time work was manageable. My immediate Manager was great and let me work independently but upper management needed work. It was at times a stressful place to work but it was manageable. The only complaints that I have is their salary could have been better and I didn't like their PTO plan where they grouped vacation, sick time and holidays into one lump sum. When there was a holiday and our department was closed you were required to use 8 hours of your PTO for that holiday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Positive and rewarding experience!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  wiltonMarch 20, 2018
I met its requirements, I more than met theirs. I worked fulltime for over two years, then went to a PerDiem status. Was traveling alot for family reasons back and forth to CO frequently. Administration was extremely cooperative, wanted to keep me on staff, accomodated me extensively. We had a great professional relationship!
The floor on work on is a great p;ace to work
Registered Nurse / Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
RN's work 12 hr shifts x2 for part time and x3 for full time. I would recommend the floor I currently work on. A RN can pick up extra hours if desired. I would not be leaving if I was not relocating. A typical day starts with bedside report , med pass, assessments, morning meeting. The rest of the day you chart more med passes, rounding ,then taking care of special needs specific to your patients and getting to know your patient. The end of your day is bedside report and charting.
Pros
Great staff support.
Cons
None that you would not see specific to this hospital
Great Place to work
Current Position- Senior Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 15, 2018
Hard work does not go unnoticed, You get back from the hospital what you put into your job. Employees are treated fairly.
Employees have names and faces. Customer Service is the culture in all aspects of job functions.
Good workplace - education focused
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Saratoga SpringsMarch 8, 2018
Great place to work for and get your foot in the door towards advancing in medical profession. Will help transfer you to other positions of interest and will help with tuition.
Pros
pay differentials
Productive Work Environment
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 8, 2018
Good Place to work. I was a Nursing Student while working here and I felt as though the Nurses were very helpful and friendly to the Nursing Students.
Great Place to work and achieve education
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 1, 2018
My role at Saratoga Hospital is mainly inpatient coding but also lending a hand in other areas of coding when needed. I look forward to going to work everyday as I appreciate the opportunity I have been given and we have a great team to work with. The leaders of our team are so easy to work for and very team orientated. They are always available to lend a helping hand and give us tons of support in any aspect. It's just a great place to work and learn.
Pros
Very flexible schedule, great place to grow
Cons
Not remote
Great Hospital to work for
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 28, 2018
I'm Happy working with Saratoga Hospital , everyday is a positive learning experience. People are professional and friendly . They provide proper training and communicating skills . Everyday is a learning experience , we receive many patients , diverse population from many different states, and sometimes from other parts of the world. Translation pads are available for the many language barriers that we may endure with patients at the time of visits.
Great
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day starts off busy and then works it way towards kinda busy and then by the end of the day it slows down and is not very busy. Dont know what to write
Repetitive
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Process medical claims, call insurance companies on claims, run daily reports, had meetings with insurance representatives. Hardest part was it was mundane
Pros
Hours
Cons
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 22, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. The employees are kind, caring individuals who truly care about their patients. Management was sympathetic and caring.
Mostly a good working environment.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJanuary 12, 2018
I loved my time at Saratoga Hospital. I received some awards for a job well done and was often told I had a great work ethic. My only concern was that some of my co-workers did not share that work ethic and that led to some friction. All others throughout the Hospital enjoyed my company and expressed their appreciation of the service I provided them and the patients. I often did extra to help out when I could.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. The hardest part was having to work with some others who would rather be doing anything else. I have learned that despite a negative situation, I need to just do my job and let management resolve any issues.
Pros
Mostly all great people at the hospital. Rewarding to help patients.
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm for some co-workers.
a constant ever changing environment
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 10, 2018
A typical day at work, I will start out by getting vitals of patients, running group therapy on topics such as coping skills for stress, anxiety, depression. I will check patient charts and legal papers.
the shift can vary depending on the patient population.
the hardest part of the job is to make sure all staff is communicating appropriately for pertinent information.
the most enjoyable part of my job as a mental health Tech is helping people and encouraging them in a positive direction.
some fun work hard
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 24, 2017
learn on the job
fast paced
need to keep on work
Have deadlines with tons of work
don't get paid a lot for the work you do .
fun times with staff
Lab Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 12, 2017
Fantastic learning experience and room to grow. Great entry position into a world of responsibility. Good exposure to all parts of healthcare including; hospital, outpatients and emergency.
enjoyable job
Medical Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 9, 2017
An enjoyable place to work. Benefits were offered for a reasonable contribution. Co-workers were easy going and helpful. Customer service was top-notch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight