Saratoga Hospital Culture reviews

Work
Scrub tech (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 17, 2018
Busy day not enough staff. Could us more staff to help other employees when it’s needed. Most enjoyable part is talking with patients. Work days are busy
Pros
Parties
Cons
Management needs work
Registered Nurse on Oncology/Hematology/Peds/Med (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Saratoga hospital! The doctors and other nurses I worked with were a great team! They were hard workers and thankfully we all worked together as a team on a busy unit. We had great PCT’s to help as well! The pay was competitive and the 12 hour shifts were great because it allowed us to have family time for the other 4 days a week! I was able to learn so much while working there because the doctors and PA’s were open to teaching me, and it was a great fast paced environment! I miss working here but I relocated!!
Pros
12 hour shifts so only 3 work days weekly, teaching hospital, busy floors, friendly staff, works as a team, competitive pay, good benefits
Cons
Short staffed at times, no breaks at times
Fast pace enviroment good team work
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work consist of always being prepared to be in an emergency situation while working with many different staff employees one thing that i learned the most the better team work the better day. My supervisors i have 2 are great at what they do fairly and profressional. Work place culture is a vast and fast pace of learning teaching and providing diverse situations and the hardest part of the job is hearing bad news with or about patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we make a team effort to provide patients a safe but fast stay.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary
Fun job!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed this position the best part was interacting with the students on a daily basis. It was just great tot be in such a fun endergonic positive place.
Challenging work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Positive working environment for Registered Nursing staff. Award winning nursing staff. management involved with people.
Great Place to work
Current Position- Senior Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 15, 2018
Hard work does not go unnoticed, You get back from the hospital what you put into your job. Employees are treated fairly.
Employees have names and faces. Customer Service is the culture in all aspects of job functions.
Great Place to work and achieve education
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 1, 2018
My role at Saratoga Hospital is mainly inpatient coding but also lending a hand in other areas of coding when needed. I look forward to going to work everyday as I appreciate the opportunity I have been given and we have a great team to work with. The leaders of our team are so easy to work for and very team orientated. They are always available to lend a helping hand and give us tons of support in any aspect. It's just a great place to work and learn.
Pros
Very flexible schedule, great place to grow
Cons
Not remote
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 22, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. The employees are kind, caring individuals who truly care about their patients. Management was sympathetic and caring.
Mostly a good working environment.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJanuary 12, 2018
I loved my time at Saratoga Hospital. I received some awards for a job well done and was often told I had a great work ethic. My only concern was that some of my co-workers did not share that work ethic and that led to some friction. All others throughout the Hospital enjoyed my company and expressed their appreciation of the service I provided them and the patients. I often did extra to help out when I could.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. The hardest part was having to work with some others who would rather be doing anything else. I have learned that despite a negative situation, I need to just do my job and let management resolve any issues.
Pros
Mostly all great people at the hospital. Rewarding to help patients.
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm for some co-workers.
enjoyable job
Medical Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 9, 2017
An enjoyable place to work. Benefits were offered for a reasonable contribution. Co-workers were easy going and helpful. Customer service was top-notch.
Level II Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Springs, NYNovember 6, 2017
Friendly staff, enjoyed working here. Staff helped ensure understanding of working in a school system and entry level work required of a professional in my field.
good and bad
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 1, 2017
I really like my job at the hospital. Support from coworkers is fantastic. My joy comes from the people I work with and the patients. Unpredictable day really busy or quiet.
Pros
good benefits
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 5, 2017
Saratoga hospital is an excellent place to work with opportunity for learning and growth. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Excellent place to learn as a nurse.
Friendly fast paced
Food and nutrition representative (Current Employee) –  Saratoga nySeptember 2, 2017
All co workers are very friendly, everyone works together well to get a task complete. Healthy environment. Patient care is to the standard that I would want my parents to have
Great group of people to work with
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 27, 2017
You never know what to expect when going into work for the day, so its a great job, and the people I work with are some of the best people I have ever worked with.
Positive Environment
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 12, 2017
I volunteered here during my senior year. It was an enjoyable experience, and a good way to give back to the community. Hospital staff were very friendly.
Very good
Patient Safety and Activities Companion (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 1, 2017
The work is challenging but however, your co workers are always happy to help and provide any needed assistance to make the job easier, The bosses and higher management always communicate with the workers about any on going or about to surface situations.
Pros
Positive work field, good compensation and benefits, great communication in the work feild.
Cons
Challenging work
Management doesn't work with employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 18, 2017
If you're looking for an employer who cares about their employees this hospital is not one. They do not support their employees and care about what may be happening in their lives. While working there I did not feel supported. Not good training. They need a stronger management team if they wish to be competitive with other local hospitals. They pay was just above minimum wage for over 10yrs experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR/management
Management is horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2016
A lot of bullying and nothing done by management. It's all about politics and who you know. There are some vicious people in supervisor and management positions.
Asset to the community
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 18, 2016
Days at work went fast filled with interesting task to do. It was a pleasure to be able to help the people that came through our doors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight