Saratoga Hospital Management reviews

Work
Scrub tech (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 17, 2018
Busy day not enough staff. Could us more staff to help other employees when it’s needed. Most enjoyable part is talking with patients. Work days are busy
Pros
Parties
Cons
Management needs work
Great place to work if you want low pay and big headed managers
Other (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 24, 2018
Some managers let their title and role get to their head and forget that their employees have families too. They also forget that they were once in your position also. Lack of communication with employees, and pay office workers more than people who could easily become infected/become ill.
Pros
Benefits, family centered events
Cons
Management, pay scale
Fast paced
RECEPTIONIST/SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 1, 2018
Productive fast paced poor management at the time that I worked there. I loved to work in scheduling but at the time I wanted to advanced. When trying to work with the boss I had at the time she wasnt very fair and showed favoritism
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Positive working environment for Registered Nursing staff. Award winning nursing staff. management involved with people.
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 27, 2018
Overall Saratoga Hospital was a good place to work. There were times that I was overwhelmed with work and times that I was looking for work to do but most of the time work was manageable. My immediate Manager was great and let me work independently but upper management needed work. It was at times a stressful place to work but it was manageable. The only complaints that I have is their salary could have been better and I didn't like their PTO plan where they grouped vacation, sick time and holidays into one lump sum. When there was a holiday and our department was closed you were required to use 8 hours of your PTO for that holiday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Place to work
Current Position- Senior Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 15, 2018
Hard work does not go unnoticed, You get back from the hospital what you put into your job. Employees are treated fairly.
Employees have names and faces. Customer Service is the culture in all aspects of job functions.
Repetitive
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Process medical claims, call insurance companies on claims, run daily reports, had meetings with insurance representatives. Hardest part was it was mundane
Pros
Hours
Cons
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 22, 2018
It was an enjoyable place to work. The employees are kind, caring individuals who truly care about their patients. Management was sympathetic and caring.
Mostly a good working environment.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYJanuary 12, 2018
I loved my time at Saratoga Hospital. I received some awards for a job well done and was often told I had a great work ethic. My only concern was that some of my co-workers did not share that work ethic and that led to some friction. All others throughout the Hospital enjoyed my company and expressed their appreciation of the service I provided them and the patients. I often did extra to help out when I could.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. The hardest part was having to work with some others who would rather be doing anything else. I have learned that despite a negative situation, I need to just do my job and let management resolve any issues.
Pros
Mostly all great people at the hospital. Rewarding to help patients.
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm for some co-workers.
Very good
Patient Safety and Activities Companion (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 1, 2017
The work is challenging but however, your co workers are always happy to help and provide any needed assistance to make the job easier, The bosses and higher management always communicate with the workers about any on going or about to surface situations.
Pros
Positive work field, good compensation and benefits, great communication in the work feild.
Cons
Challenging work
overall not a bad place to work
Kitchen Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2017
Compensation, benefits, and choice of hours are excellent, management is very poor and the drama of co-workers is very high. The workplace is clean, and safe, but job duties vary depending on the supervisor on duty, every supervisor has different rules and regulations depending on their own personal choice.
Pros
pay, and benefits
Cons
management
Former employee
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 3, 2017
Terrible management, too much drama, and not enough pay. They bribe with incentive pay because no one wants to show up for their shift, the lack of communication between employees is the worst!
Pros
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Management doesn't work with employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 18, 2017
If you're looking for an employer who cares about their employees this hospital is not one. They do not support their employees and care about what may be happening in their lives. While working there I did not feel supported. Not good training. They need a stronger management team if they wish to be competitive with other local hospitals. They pay was just above minimum wage for over 10yrs experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible HR/management
Management is horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 5, 2016
A lot of bullying and nothing done by management. It's all about politics and who you know. There are some vicious people in supervisor and management positions.
Good Company
tbd (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 4, 2016
The hospital is very friendly. The pay is very low but they really care about their employees. They management makes a great deal while the rest is underpaid.
Uncomfortable Worplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 2, 2015
I found this place uncomfortable to work for on a number of different levels. I was harassed numerous times and when it was brought to management's attention they did nothing. Very sad.
Pros
Easy commute.
Cons
No communication, no authority over management.
Worked with great people.
HIS Tech II Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work was busy. I learned how to use many different computer programs such as meditech, esmart and Ipro. I learned the HIPPA guidlines and patient release of information procedures. Management was busy but they helped when they could. My co-workers were amazing and such hard workers. The hardest part of the job was the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and knowing you made a difference.
Pros
schedule very flexible
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience for nursing.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I work twelve hour days. My day goes in this order: fingersticks, nutrition, bathing, ambulating, vital signs, fingersticks, nutrition, ambulating, vital signs etc., and everything else in between that a patient might need. This job can be very challenging. It is fast paced and there is always something to do, which I love, but when we are short staffed it is so hard to get everything done. My coworkers are great, they are all very supportive of me advancing my career because they all say how wonderful I am with the patients, how thorough I am at my job. and how much I care. Which is something that just can't be faked. The hardest part of the job is postmortem care. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient says they feel better due to my care, and knowing that I am providing the best care that I possibly can to make them feel as well as possible in their time of sickness. Management was a little difficult. I was always given the feeling that no matter how hard I worked I was replaceable and not really appreciated.
Pros
full time employee benefits
Cons
sick days count against you
Saratoga Hospital have Given me Opportunities
Certified Medical Assistant and EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 1, 2014
I am currently working as a patient care assistant at Saratoga Hospital in Saratoga New York, as well as a medical office assistant at Malta Medical Emergent Care in Ballston Spa, New York. I am currently seeking a position in Saint Petersburg, Florida and can be available to start as of September 1, 2014. In the meantime, I can arrange to be available for an interview at your convenience.

I have graduated as a C.M.A., A.A.M.A. I feel the skills that I have could prove to be a valuable asset to you. Since being in the healthcare field prior to my employment at Saratoga Hospital, I have performed a variety of tasks, including but not limited to; collecting blood or other specimens, operating electrocardiograms, blood draws, direct patient care and medical office management. I am dedicated, hard working and able to face challenges. In addition, I am a lively team player who works well with co-workers and colleagues.
Pros
I work with a wonderful buch of people
Cons
Long Days
Terrible experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 23, 2014
I worked there for a few years and the managment in housekeeping has just gotten worse. The only fun thing about Saratoga was your co workers. Some of them were great and I am still friends with those who were. They play favorites and don't advance the people that deserve it. They make people work non stop without a day off. They keep the lazy people and fire the hard workers. I used to love Saratoga Hospital. It used to be my home. Now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Management, scheduling, long hours and favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saratoga Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight