Sarepta Therapeutics Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company to Work For
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andover, MASeptember 25, 2018
I have enjoyed greatly working for Sarepta Therapeutics. They care more about their employees than any other company. Every day I come to work excited about my job!
Positive work environment with friendly, passionate people
Summer Intern on Biology Research Team (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 30, 2018
All Sarepta employees are positive, helpful, and passionate people. Teamwork was key within departments, but camaraderie between different departments is very present too. As an intern I learned a number of laboratory skills, which could have been much more overwhelming if the employees in my department hadn't been very effective and patient teachers. Management also emphasized the importance of understanding the company's goals and what each department was contributing to reach those goals, rather than focusing only on the goals of the department I was employed in.
Great people, chaotic leadership
Chemistry Associate (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 20, 2017
I appreciated getting my feet wet with this company, and the fact that the technology was interesting and addressed a needy population. It was originally started in Corvallis OR, then changes in leadership led to a headquarters being opened in Cambridge MA, and an eventual "consolidating" of the sites which meant closing down the Corvallis location. The Corvallis people were great and passionate about the work they did, but the Cambridge leadership was less concerned about the body of research in the companies history and more interested in prepping the company for acquisition. Business is business and that's the way things go, but the perpetual game of thrones executive and middle management found themselves in was just gross and wholly unproductive.
Pros
interesting technology, good benefits, great community at the Corvallis site
Cons
Horrendous executive management and compensation was low
great team spirit
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 17, 2016
Great IT team to work for. Very supportive of team members. Good team work. Big learning curve which is great for people who want to learn new technology.
Pros
birthday cupcakes each month
Great place to work. Wish Oregon facility was not closing.
Chemistry Associate II (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 12, 2016
A dynamic company pursuing treatment of rare diseases using an oligonucleotide platform. I learned cGMP regulations dealing with my position, technical writing, and interesting chemistry. Worked with a great team in Technology Development and Support group.
Great pay and benefits
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot about general accounting. The management there is great. The hardest part of the job was refreshing my memory on General Accounting since my focus had been Government Accounting.
Fun to work with this company
Director, Technology Development and Scale Up (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 12, 2015
Sarepta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company engaged in the development of drugs for rare disease i.e. DMD, Ebola, Marburg, Dengu fever, and Tuberculous.
Sarepta
IT Administrator (SSII) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MassSeptember 8, 2014
Sarepta's culture has changed since moving back east to Cambridge, Mass
Typical Day in the Lab
QUALITY CHEMISTRY ASSOCIATE I (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 1, 2014
My typical day included both bench work and technical writing. I performed a variety of Quality Controlled lab assays including KF Titrations, pH, appearance, HPLC, UHPLC etc and accurately worked up, transcribed and archived data. I also spent time writing Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods and peer reviewing for other colleagues. Working in Quality gave me an intense eye for detail and great bench hands. I worked with multiple teams of employees from technicians to executives. The most challenging part of my job was being able to stop and change gears quickly depending on the needs of the lab. I most enjoyed learning new lab techniques and working on my technical writing.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn new laboratory techniques, software, etc.
Cons
Was a contract worker, so no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarepta Therapeutics. Our community is ready to answer.

Sarepta Therapeutics Reviews by Location