Sarepta Therapeutics

Working at Sarepta Therapeutics: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Too many meetings

Great medical writing department. Always considerate. Well managed organized and good process. Easy to work with. Good compensation and benefits. Lot of work though

Great place dedicated professionals

I contracted at Sarepta in the finance department. It was a professional environment, with knowledgeable and helpful people, overall a great place to work.

Pros

Employees

Sarepta Therapeutics insights

• Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Great office environment

Office environment is top notch to go along with the other perks. Commuting and parking gets expensive if you are coming from out of town. Working from home opportunities were great benefits.

Pros

Free bagels on Fridays and unlimited coffee

Cons

Parking was inconvenient and expensive, Traffic for out of town employees was horrible

Extremely bright and compassionate co-workers

During my time at Sarepta Therapeutics, I learned a great deal about the ins and outs or bringing a new drug into production. I encountered many different levels of co-worker from developers to chief officers. I was treated with respect and my opinion on development was valued as a business intelligence consultant.

On a mission to improve health

This company truly does care about the people for which they develop products. The culture is driven towards excellence and is done so in a manner in which all employees are working hard to cure terrible diseases. Management is respectful and people treat each other with kindness.

Fantastic Company to Work For

I have enjoyed greatly working for Sarepta Therapeutics. They care more about their employees than any other company. Every day I come to work excited about my job!

Positive work environment with friendly, passionate people

All Sarepta employees are positive, helpful, and passionate people. Teamwork was key within departments, but camaraderie between different departments is very present too. As an intern I learned a number of laboratory skills, which could have been much more overwhelming if the employees in my department hadn't been very effective and patient teachers. Management also emphasized the importance of understanding the company's goals and what each department was contributing to reach those goals, rather than focusing only on the goals of the department I was employed in.

Great people, chaotic leadership

I appreciated getting my feet wet with this company, and the fact that the technology was interesting and addressed a needy population. It was originally started in Corvallis OR, then changes in leadership led to a headquarters being opened in Cambridge MA, and an eventual "consolidating" of the sites which meant closing down the Corvallis location. The Corvallis people were great and passionate about the work they did, but the Cambridge leadership was less concerned about the body of research in the companies history and more interested in prepping the company for acquisition. Business is business and that's the way things go, but the perpetual game of thrones executive and middle management found themselves in was just gross and wholly unproductive.

Pros

interesting technology, good benefits, great community at the Corvallis site

Cons

Horrendous executive management and compensation was low

Great co-workers

Poor management. Consistently hired new executive management when associate level hires were needed. Executive management did not listen to the needs of employees. Shady and misleading company goals.

Pros

prior to 2017 the benefits were great

Cons

poor management, extremely top heavy

great team spirit

Great IT team to work for. Very supportive of team members. Good team work. Big learning curve which is great for people who want to learn new technology.

Pros

birthday cupcakes each month

Great place to work. Wish Oregon facility was not closing.

A dynamic company pursuing treatment of rare diseases using an oligonucleotide platform. I learned cGMP regulations dealing with my position, technical writing, and interesting chemistry. Worked with a great team in Technology Development and Support group.

Great pay and benefits

I learned a lot about general accounting. The management there is great. The hardest part of the job was refreshing my memory on General Accounting since my focus had been Government Accounting.

Fun to work with this company

Sarepta Therapeutics is a biotechnology company engaged in the development of drugs for rare disease i.e. DMD, Ebola, Marburg, Dengu fever, and Tuberculous.

Sarepta

Sarepta's culture has changed since moving back east to Cambridge, Mass

Typical Day in the Lab

My typical day included both bench work and technical writing. I performed a variety of Quality Controlled lab assays including KF Titrations, pH, appearance, HPLC, UHPLC etc and accurately worked up, transcribed and archived data. I also spent time writing Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods and peer reviewing for other colleagues. Working in Quality gave me an intense eye for detail and great bench hands. I worked with multiple teams of employees from technicians to executives. The most challenging part of my job was being able to stop and change gears quickly depending on the needs of the lab. I most enjoyed learning new lab techniques and working on my technical writing.

Pros

Many opportunities to learn new laboratory techniques, software, etc.

Cons

Was a contract worker, so no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sarepta Therapeutics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
4.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sarepta Therapeutics with

Learn about Sarepta Therapeutics in popular locations

Sarepta Therapeutics reviews by popular job title

• Sarepta Therapeutics