Sargent's Court Reporting Service Employee Reviews

Good wages for area, nice co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 11, 2018
The legal work that comes through the office is fast paced and interesting. Management and co-workers are easy to get along with. If you are a hard worker who wants to be paid fairly and wants to advance within a company, Sargent's is a good place to do it. I have increased my wages and position within the company significantly for starting a few years ago. Training program is great!
Pros
Good pay, easy to communicate with management, interesting content within job
Cons
No healthcare available
Great work place
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PADecember 16, 2017
Working for Sargent's was a great learning experience. I was able to advance not only financially, but personally as well. I hated to leave but had to move due to a family situation. I was told that I could always come back to my Sargent's family. If you are a hard worker you will do well at Sargent's.
Pros
Someone is always there to help, open door policy with management, training provided. Everyone is helpful. They treat you like family.
Cons
Sometimes there are long days.
Good first job - lots of travel
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 1, 2017
This was my first job out of college and I was happy to have a "professional" job that actually made use of my bachelors degree. Paid training is provided. I worked in a satellite office with one other employee. Management is generally pleasant, though I only communicated with them via phone since I did not work in the main office. There is generally a lot of freedom in the satellite offices, as there is no management there watching your every move. In-office days are easy with an hour for lunch. Court reporting often involved a lot of unexpected travel and it was often difficult to get approved for vacation days. Pay was low and benefits were not very good when I was there. Overall, the job is fine for someone who is looking to get their foot in the door but would be really difficult for someone with young kids, as you often have to travel and probably wouldn't make enough money to support a family.
Pros
Hour for lunch, interesting cases, 7.5 hour workday
Cons
Low pay, excessive travel, poor benefits
Only worth a year
Court Reporter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
- Doesn't have room for improvement
- Salary is low and with taxes, your final compensation for the year is barely livable.
- No health insurance
- Schedules sometimes are nice. Can leave before 5.
- More of a one on one job, not a team.
Pros
Sometimes you can leave work before 5 or come in after 830
Cons
No Health Benefits, Doesn't reimburse enough for travel (only .24 a mile). salary is low, and no room for improvement.

Want to know more about Sargent's Court Reporting Service?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sargent's Court Reporting Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Sargent's Court Reporting Service Reviews by Job Title