Sargent's Court Reporting Service Employee Reviews

Good pay in an area with little jobs
Typist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 19, 2019
Sargent's is a great place to work and if you live in Johnstown, you already know about the dying economy in our area. Sargent's offers both full time and part time jobs in various fields that allows to expand you knowledge in the legal industry. I worked as a typist here for 3 years and have recently left to change career paths. Working their allowed me to gain some skills that helped me forward my career in another direction. I will forever be thankful for the help I was given by my coworkers and my management team.
Good pay in an area with little jobs
Typist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 28, 2019
One of the best companies in Johnstown
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 28, 2019
I love my job at Sargents. The management team is always helpful but you must reach out to them if something is wrong. I’ve only been here a few months but so far my job has allowed me to better myself professional and personally
Pros
Paid time off no micromanagement
Cons
Hour lunches are long
good starter job
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 9, 2019
I started as a freelance court reporter in 1995 with Sargent's but with that came a lot of travel and staying overnight in some areas. Didn't enjoy all the travel for the low pay at that time.
Good wages for area, nice co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 11, 2018
The legal work that comes through the office is fast paced and interesting. Management and co-workers are easy to get along with. If you are a hard worker who wants to be paid fairly and wants to advance within a company, Sargent's is a good place to do it. I have increased my wages and position within the company significantly for starting a few years ago. Training program is great!
Pros
Good pay, easy to communicate with management, interesting content within job
Cons
No healthcare available
First Job
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2018
This was my first job out of college and I really enjoyed working for Sargent's. Paid training is provided. I worked in a satellite office so no in office management present. Management is generally pleasant, though I only communicated with them via phone. Expect to travel almost daily, not ideal if you have young children. No health benefits are provided, but I was able to get benefits through healthcare.gov.
Pros
Interesting cases and fun coworkers
Cons
No health benefits
Great work place
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PADecember 16, 2017
Working for Sargent's was a great learning experience. I was able to advance not only financially, but personally as well. I hated to leave but had to move due to a family situation. I was told that I could always come back to my Sargent's family. If you are a hard worker you will do well at Sargent's.
Pros
Someone is always there to help, open door policy with management, training provided. Everyone is helpful. They treat you like family.
Cons
Sometimes there are long days.
Good first job - lots of travel
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 1, 2017
This was my first job out of college and I was happy to have a "professional" job that actually made use of my bachelors degree. Paid training is provided. I worked in a satellite office with one other employee. Management is generally pleasant, though I only communicated with them via phone since I did not work in the main office. There is generally a lot of freedom in the satellite offices, as there is no management there watching your every move. In-office days are easy with an hour for lunch. Court reporting often involved a lot of unexpected travel and it was often difficult to get approved for vacation days. Pay was low and benefits were not very good when I was there. Overall, the job is fine for someone who is looking to get their foot in the door but would be really difficult for someone with young kids, as you often have to travel and probably wouldn't make enough money to support a family.
Pros
Hour for lunch, interesting cases, 7.5 hour workday
Cons
Low pay, excessive travel, poor benefits
Only worth a year
Court Reporter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
- Doesn't have room for improvement
- Salary is low and with taxes, your final compensation for the year is barely livable.
- No health insurance
- Schedules sometimes are nice. Can leave before 5.
- More of a one on one job, not a team.
Pros
Sometimes you can leave work before 5 or come in after 830
Cons
No Health Benefits, Doesn't reimburse enough for travel (only .24 a mile). salary is low, and no room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sargent's Court Reporting Service. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2