Sargent's Personnel Agency Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Place to Work
Medical Receptionist - Float (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 17, 2018
Contracted to a company in less than 1 week
Management was very supportive and quick to address concerns
Was assigned to several offices, which allowed for me to learn many new trades and gain the experience necessary to obtain a permanent position
All co-workers were confident in my capabilities and provided me with many opportunities to work unsupervised
Pros
supportive environment, quick placement, opportunities for growth
Cons
benefits are lacking
work is interesting
legal transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 13, 2018
yes the work is fast paced and sometimes difficult but its not rocket science. management and coworkers very friendly. the schedule does change alot from week to week depending on the work that needs to get done but they were always accomodating to my schedule needs. its not the job for you if you are a social butterfly as everyone had headphones on listening and typing.
Horrible place to work
Legal Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 9, 2017
Management is rude. Forced to work 8 days a week. You are forced to come in early or stay late. The place is filthy. No heat, running water. They treat you like a slave. They train you for 3 days and expect you to know everything and if you dont, you get crucified for it. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. 8 dollars an hour is not worth the way that you're treated. If you show up from lunch or in the morning even 30 seconds late, they're call you out on it. Poor work place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Full-Time Legal Transcription
Typist (Former Employee) –  JohnstownSeptember 21, 2017
This is a great place to work if you have no experience or college degree if you're looking for a job with a steady schedule. Also a good place for people who don't like to work directly with the public. The pay is reasonable for the work that you are doing. The people who have been there for years are willing to help you if you have a question or need a second opinion on a recording. Expect to work late sometimes and possibly come in early. Might not be a good fit for you if you have young children and no childcare available outside of the normal schedule. You will be working six days a week, only off on Sundays and holidays.
Pros
good pay, steady schedule, friendly coworkers, friendly management
Cons
not so great if you have a young family
Professional office atmosphere
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 24, 2017
Always early to work. Learned a lot from my supervisor, Irene Bearer. She taught me how to reconcile numerous accounts, to do journal entries, to print off bank reports etc. The management was very kind and courteous. The hardest part of the job was performing the journal entries each month to reconcile the accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some awesome people and how nice everyone was.
Pros
The pay was great. The convenience of not having to travel far to work.
Cons
Company I was working for moved their finance office to Chicago, Ill.
Horrible management
Legal Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 2, 2017
This company is horrible to work for as an in-home transcriptionist. Horrible pay and will work you as if you're a slave with only 3 days of training. Would never recommend this company to anyone.
Good healthcare experince
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 15, 2017
This job gives me good healthcare experience while I am in school. Sargent's works very well around my schedule for schooling as well.
Great company to help find you a career
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, PADecember 13, 2016
They helped me find a position that I was able to start immediately at. Very nice, enjoyable people to be around. Some positions are temporary- almost felt like I was being fired when my assignment was complete.
Awful place - never recommend
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 13, 2016
The management is awful all the way through. Mandatory 6 days a week, sometimes 12 hours a day. Paid decent money after a few years and the work can be interesting but it's not worth being treated like a slave. Poor work conditions, no windows, filthy environment. Sometimes management will turn the water off if the kitchen sink gets clogged as a punishment. I will never recommend anyone to work there; not worth the compensation.
Pros
Interesting work
Quality and production
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 5, 2016
Management very caring, helpful, understanding. Worked for personnel agency and also for court reporting services. Learned how to read stenographic notes. Work was very interesting, varied at times and exciting.
sargents
sargents (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 30, 2016
everyone is nice and friendly and they go by all there policies. when I went to work it was good. the enjoyable part of the day is the whole shift I loved it
Productive work place
Legal Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 18, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and fast pace. I have learned recently how to transcribe voice hearings. The management is very kind and keep us on track throughout the day. My co-workers are all busy like I. The hardest part of the job is when you cannot hear what the Attorney or Witness is saying in the hearing room.
Horrible culture, abusive management
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 24, 2016
Transcriptionists are paid $8 an hour and work mandatory 6 days a week under constant threat of job security. Management is rude, hostile, verbally abusive, and has a "stick before the carrot" attitude, expecting that employees will work harder if they are yelled at and treated poorly than if they are rewarded for good performance.

The office is hideous. Carpeting is moldy, ceiling leaks water, work equipment including computers is dirty, mostly broken, and outdated. There are no windows in the office. Highly encourage anyone who may be interested in transcription as a career (the work is very interesting for the most part) to look into working online via sites such as Rev.com where you can set your own hours and not be treated like a slave.
Pros
Work can be very interesting at times
Cons
Management is borderline abusive, work environment is filthy and unsanitary.
Employment Agency
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 26, 2015
Great people to work with-enabled me to work at several temporary positions until I found full-time permanent employment
Pros
Agency matches your specific needs, preferences to like-minded employers
Enjoyable and great learning experiece
Bookkeeper for United Foundry (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 6, 2015
I worked for United Foundry, LLC as a temp to hire. They sent me as a receptionist and i found out i would be taking over for the Controller of the Company. I was doing work that i had no idea how to do. but i took the time to teach myself more and more every day. I learned how to take care of all the paperwork for a company takeover. I learned how intense Microsoft Excel could really be. I learned how to do payroll with Quick books for first time. I learned so much from the CFO and General Sales Manager. I also learned so many things about metals and the foundry business all together. The hardest part of the job was learning all the new things that I had never put into use at a job, but learned in college. The most enjoyable part of working there was the employees. They were a great group of men to work with and learn from.
Pros
great place to work and learn new things
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
very reliable
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 24, 2013
good experience and enjoyed working for them

temp company and very helpful placing me in the right position
Pros
very easy placement
Cons
only temporary jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sargent's Personnel Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

Sargent's Personnel Agency Reviews by Location