Sargento Foods Employee Review

View all Sargento Foods reviews

An overrated Company
Heavy Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth and Kiel, WIMay 3, 2012
The only favorible thing that I can say about working at Sargento is that the pay is good. The working conditions are poor. The factories are ugly, dirty, depressing and dangerous. I worked at two locations (Plymouth and Kiel). At Plymouth the machines are usually not working right and the employees are expected to make up the difference. At Kiel the mean and nasty employees are in control. As a new employee you are trained in each department. The trianing is not good in many cases. Too many people doing the training are mean and short tempered. The benefits package is dissapointing. Sargento does not care about the health of its employees. They will just keep on pushing and pushing. I was thrilled when I was hired by Sargento but, that changed fast after I saw how they treat their employees. They just don't care about anything but making money fast. While I worked there I felt that I was nothing more than a number.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unhealthy atmosphere, machines not working, grouchy people, unqualified supervisors and management

Other Sargento Foods Employee Reviews

Good place to a work, but unfair wages
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilbert, WIMay 26, 2018
Great family owned company that values their employees. Most jobs pay excellent wages except for the office support roles: inventory specialist, schedulers, receptionists, etc. It’s not a unionized company, however, many decisions are made by seniority. Also, training and development is pretty unorganized.
Pros
Onsite health and wellness center and company store, planned activities for everyone (picnic, Christmas party, baseball games, etc.)
Cons
Unfair wages, lack of training and development
Good place to work just good luck getting hired on
Manpower Temp (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 18, 2018
Hr department has trouble hiring good employees so they hired Manpower to keep workers coming but dont really hire temps. Heavy lifting repetativly lift 20-50 lbs