Sarku Japan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stress
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 13, 2018
Between trying to figure out how to keep the guys working and getting all the people fed it can be stressed filled and short hours can become very long.
Pros
Free Lunch, Relaxed, Flexible Hours
Cons
Employees Slack Off at times
very fast paced work enviroment, time flies.
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 26, 2018
Every single day is pretty much just repetition, so once you learn the job, you can only get faster at it. The way the job works, if you cant cook during the lunch hour, you cant work there. It is very busy and you need to be able to keep the line moving without fail.
Pros
Free lunch, Amazing Management
Cons
N/a
I loved the atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 24, 2018
Working at Sarku was my first "official" job away from anyone I knew. It was an awesome working environment that I really loved.It did lack any kind of job advancement so you were pretty much stuck not many places to climb up. My store manager was awesome but regional manager was complete opposite.
No paid overtime
Maitenance (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 29, 2018
What really upset me about being under this company was the lack of paid overtime. They expected me to work overtime. I had to clean and arrange the tables and chairs while everyone else sat and hung around including the manager. I was in utter disbelief and It took me 30 minutes and sometimes an hour. I did this for 3 times until I decided to quit.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no paid overtime
Work space was good but sometimes it just feels too harsh
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2018
From day to day, i have worked from morning to night. Sometimes when it gets busy, it feels like we were very understaffed. the work environment demanded a very fast paced work effort.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
understaffed
Quick-paced work place
Second in charge in store (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 19, 2018
Sarku is always busy on the meal times during the week especially on weekends and holidays. It’s great experience for me that work in a busy restaurant.
Good place to work overall
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 10, 2018
Typical day at Sarku consisted of making sure all inventory was placed in the right place, keep the cashier area clean, greed customers in a friendly manner, give out samples enthusiastically, help clean out at the end of day and close register.
It was a fun environment to work in, most of the time. Weekends were usually the busiest times. We would get a 30 min lunch during which during food would be provided free if asked for.
Salary was not high enough though, but even then it was one of the highest salaries for a crew member in this mall location.
High income traffic volume.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78238May 2, 2018
Its very high paced, with constant lines. The manager would make thr schedule on a day to day basis which made it hard to make doctors appointments and ect.
Fun and friendly inviroment
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 29, 2018
I always look forward to coming into work, typically opening the shop if I get there earlier then the others. It can hectic during the holidays, standing for long hours during the day and making sure all orders are placed correctly. I've learned to multitask but at the same time paying close attention to detials with a customer order.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No paid time off
Great job but lacks benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
theres little to no benefits but they do offer a lot of hours if youre willing to work for it. Currently still offers a lot of overtime at 1.5x of your base pay which is better than many of the restaurants out there that gives u maximum of 39 hours.
Pros
Work youre way up super fast if you got what it takes
Cons
Productive place to work with very polite people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niles , ILMarch 8, 2018
For a part-time job I was getting paid very well , the people there were very sweet and it was a pretty good environment to work in overall . The hours weren’t always flexible but I was able to make it work .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun working on griddle
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 28, 2018
I learn so much by working there how to handling the store and make ordering and being a cashier and cook at the same time and taking care of customer when they needed help with something and talking to them.
Great atmosphere
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 27, 2018
Co-workers all got along and manager was fair with staff. Pay as a part time was great. Lunch was deducted from hours. Working in a fast food chain will always have rude customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude Customers
Fun and productive
Cashier/Sales Transactions (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2018
the work life at sarku japan is quite easy and simple and fun because of the ability to communicate with customers and learn new things as far as food.
not productive at all
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
overall my time there was horrible first of all I was promised full-time hours and barely made 8 hour a week the people were rude and are very quick to tell you any lie to keep you working for them
Pros
na
Cons
na
fast paced lot of cleaning bit stresfull
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2018
this type of restaurant is fresh cooking and lot of kitchen work
and standing but did enjoy the experience and lean how to manage the store and food cost and payroll
Pros
free lunch decent hours vacation days
Cons
lots of favoritism and very political. corporate doesnt care about employees
Don't like it here
Cook (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 8, 2018
The manager hired me as a cook but i was under-age so he fired me.
The job itself is pretty fast, you must make sure that all food orders are up to par or else customers come back and complai. even though we sold most of the same foods as other chinese restaraunts, people still came back for seconds. you get free food but you have to cook it yourself.
work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2018
poor management. stolen work hours. poor workplace. not a lot of time off. poor working wages. no paid vacation for amount of work hours we do. not recommended
Pros
free food during break
Cons
short breaks
fun employees to enjoy working place but managements sucks
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2018
its a best place to work, they pay good and the employees are friendly. I’d recommend a friend to work in sarku japan its fun cooking when you make your costumers smile.
Good if you’re not looking for anything serious
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 23, 2017
Terrible place to work. No phone at the work place only my managers number. Lazy manager but they won’t fire him because he’s the only good one in the area. No easy way to contact HR or anybody else except our customer care. You have to speak to someone high up directly if you want something addressed and even then it’s hard to get them to listen. No real computer or office. Super cheap work place too. Constantly raising up prices and taking out ingredients to save money obviously so the owners can make more money while we have to deal with the aftermath.
Pros
Free lunch when you work
Cons
Terrible management