SARRELL DENTAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Great place for fresh out of college student looking for job
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 20, 2018
Great place to start with full time employment after graduating from college. The training for positions could be more in-depth and professional. Not a great place for career advancement unless your manager likes you- A LOT. Epitome of the glass-ceiling effect at this place. Get your experience and LEAVE. Not a place for longevity unless you are a dental assistant or hygienist and even then you may you may not want to stay long.
Fun kid friendly environment everyone was like family
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 1, 2018
I really have nothing bad to say about my work experience with Sarrell other than I just hated the way it had to end i really feel like the operations mgr didn’t have my back at 100% when a situation arised that lead to me being terminated I really feel as if they could have had my back more being a loyal hard working team oriented employee that I was everyone there loved me & hated to see me go.
For the most part this office is a good office to work for
Call Center Representative/ patient coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 19, 2018
Clinic workers and office manager are amazing to work with. Try their best to work with you if you have an issue. Try to be as understanding as possible.
Cons
Benifits are kind of high priced, Company is always changing which positions could be taken away
Horrible!!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  ClantonDecember 5, 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The clinical staff and patients are treated like trash. The upper management only care about their jobs and money in their pocket. Every dentist I know has quit. No one wants to work in such a negative environment. The place needs to be shut down.
Cons
Dirty, negative, GO somewhere else!!! Crooks!!!
Very Hands On
Dental Internship (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 19, 2017
Sarrell Dental in montgomery was an excellent place to start my career in the dental field. Everyone was very welcoming and open to teaching. Awesome place for Internship, great atmosphere.
Pros
You learn something new everyday, exciting working with children.
Cons
Very fast paced and busy most of the time
Relaxed workplace.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 17, 2017
Sarrell Dental was a relaxed, yet fast-paced environment. The days were fast and there were always tasks to be done. I enjoyed the people I worked with along with the atmosphere.
Super busy but rewarding
Runner (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 23, 2017
Sarrell is mostly a Medicaid facility providing dental and eye services to kids 1 to 20. In one of the bigger offices where I was, we had a lot of kids come through but the patient flow was great because we worked as a team and we had great doctors. That makes a huge difference! It can be pretty fast paced so keep your running shoes on but it makes the day go by quickly and it fulfills the company mission to serve the undeserved children of Alabama. There are times when we are short staffed but try to work together to figure it out it and if we work through lunch - management buys! We moved or I would still be there.
Pros
Great benefits, OT if you want it
Cons
Traveling to different offices can be a challange
Basically a slave with good pay!
Manager (Former Employee) –  ALFebruary 6, 2017
The pay is good, but there's no balance between work and personal, specially if you're salary. Top management is awful! They treat employees like thrash, always mad about some bs, switch people around all the time, make them drive far to different offices until they finally quit! They only care about themselves and the money in their pockets (supposedly a "nonprofit"). Would not recommend this place to work, not worth the earnings.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work like a slave, don't care about employees
Fun
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALAugust 29, 2016
It's a nice place to work in you get an hour lunch a fair pay and nice employees to work with. The only problem is the doctor's attitude at times. But is not that bad. In my experience it wasn't a bad place to work in the employees are team players and the doctor isn't that bad she just gets angry easily.
Pros
lunches, holiday funtions
Must Meet quota
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMay 21, 2015
Everyday you must over book the schedule and hope that you will make the daily $ quota. If not you will receive a call from one angry fellow.
Pros
Company is built to help children in need.
Cons
Must meet quota regardless
An extremely demanding job with good compensation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJanuary 23, 2014
This is a very demanding job although it is a nonprofit organization the corporate office is indirectly holding you responsible for meeting production goals. The hardest part of the job is while being understaffed you still have to ensure that patients attend their appointments through post card and telephone reminders throughout the month, days, and day prior to their scheduled appointment. If patients do not show, we do not meet production goal, and management does not like that. But what can you and the office do short of picking up the patient and family to bring them to their appointment yourself? But even that is illegal due to liability reasons. The best part of the job is helping patients overcome their fear of dentistry and seeing them be cured of disease and decay, especially with the community's youth.
Pros
Excellent compensation
Cons
Demanding, often understaffed, and overworked
Fast paced, rewarding, great culture to be a part of.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinson, ALDecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is very fast paced, but it is very rewarding because of what I get to do everyday. I work for a pediatric dental organization who provides care to under served children and their families. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of giving these children healthy smiles and seeing the positive results of this work.

I have learned good time management, multitasking, inventory management, and I have received an overall positive experience in a fast paced, business environment.

Our management and staff are very "team oriented" and we are all very supportive of each other. This helps make our "day to day" run very smoothly.

The hardest part of the job would be the 1 hour commute to and from work.
Pros
Free dental work.
Cons
Long commute.
Fast paced friendly
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALJune 26, 2013
There is never a dull moment at this place. Working with children can be challenging but it is also rewarding. Set up the patient rooms for the procedure that are to be done. Clean rooms after the procedures are completed. Make sure the child is walked back out to their parent or guardian at the end of their visit.
a fun loving ,kid oriented place to work
dental hygienist (Former Employee) –  athens alMarch 12, 2012
a great place to work the pay is awesome my team players were always there to help and management was great
Pros
awesome money, great hours
Cons
cant think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SARRELL DENTAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

SARRELL DENTAL CENTER Reviews by Location