Satellite Healthcare Employee Reviews

Lack of Growth
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
No growth for employees that arn't in California. Company is slow to change and is really behind on technology. You find yourself endlessly paper shuffling. Good pay for RNs. Leadership needs more training and management needs to have training on selecting competent, valuable, educated employees. Good company for growth if you're an RN or if you live in California otherwise you will be given a lot of false hope for promotion.
Dialysis Care
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 18, 2018
Nurse supervises the treatment of dialysis patients. Is responsible for delivery of all medications & making sure the treatment is done accoring to doctor's orders.
Horrible management
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2018
No training and overworked! The business office in Mesa AZ is being ran by managers that do not know what they are doing. No communication whatsoever.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
This is a review of the current management
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 21, 2018
The company should look to hire and fill management position from within with those who understand company vision, mission and culture. There are many strong people within Satellite and I believe they are the ones who should be given the chance to take Satellite to the next level in patient care and culture.
A Nice place to be
Patient Care Technician/ Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2018
They treat people fairly. They pay people decently and give them good benefits, including not only decent healthcare but other even rarer essentials, like paid parental leave. And they use lay-offs as a last resort.

• They help employees with their careers and understand that not all careers are built the same. They have strong training programs, reimburse tuition for education outside of work, have active, well-thought out platforms for mentoring—especially for women and minorities—and provide pathways for non-traditional career paths.

• They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won’t waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they’ll build loyalty and commitment. They know it’s give and take, not give or take.

• They see fun, humor and relaxation not as the enemies of hard work, but as its allies.

• They have a purpose — a mission — that everyone understands. Even better, every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.
No Teamwork.
Hemodialysis technician (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2018
The managers are unfair to most of the team except for one person. Most supervisor makes a lot of mistakes and endangering some patients. Managers only listens to one person and not listens to other employees.
Pros
Great benefits, Okay pay
Cons
Bad Management.
fast pace
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2018
Fast pace. Heavy pt load. Not enough staff. Great learning opportunities. 12 hour shift working three days. Have to work weekends. Long hours. Have to work as a team
Save yourself the time.
CCHT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2018
Horrible place to work! Maybe it was just my location, but the manager was horrible and the employees (most of them) weren’t any better. Overall it was a bad experience that I would love to erase from my memory for good.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
It is the place where I learned a new skill.
Acute Hemodialysis nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
I had learned a lot of things in satellite health care, because Dialysis was a new skill which I learned there and interesting field to develop my carrier as well as my confidence and It was the place where I met a very energetic and cooperative team to share ideas freely and to solve problems.
Pros
a friendly approach of managers to co- workers
Cons
some times working very long hours
Home style work enviornment
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAMarch 7, 2018
Satellite was a great comlany to work for. If they had a locatikn near where i moved to I would of transferred. Patient care was great, it didnt feel like a job. It was fun, and homey, but also work we did have polices, and regulations we had to follow.
Pros
3 day work weeks, worked with school.
Cons
Hard to get help from HR when needed, hourly employees were doing management work which was inaproperaite.
Break time are good
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 26, 2018
A non profit organization, fair and just ompany and support the employee and staff. The medical doctor are very friendly and very hands on. The co worker are extremely awesome
I love this job
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 1, 2018
I love the clinical work and the interaction with the patients. I love how we can impact the patients QOL. This job is very flexible yet stressful dt workload at times.
Cons
medium size unit, but also busy.
Travel RN Position/Chronic Dialysis (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJanuary 29, 2018
it's a nice place to work, though busy but not extreme. Most of the time you can go home after your shift. The Nurse Manager is amazing. Also the town is lovely, near to nice beaches and nice mountains.
Pros
nice place to work, spacious parking for staff and patients.
Cons
nothing
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Working with patients was a great experienced, staff were very fun to work with and always had a great vibe in their soul, trying to motivate patients to have an excellent day on a hard day of dialysis
Satisfied
Acute LVN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Overall satisfied with this company Opportunity to advance your nursing career including management options if interested
scholarships for children or grandchildren of employees
Overall review
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2018
The main problem with this organization is they are always short with staffing. It was so difficult to find coverage for RN's. The clinic was staffed by agency until current time.
Making life better for patients with chronic kidney failure
Home Dialysis Training and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2017
I've learned a tremendous amount and believe in the ICARE values Satellite Healthcare provides to it's patients, employees and physicians.

My typical day at work was always on the GO multi-tasking to help meet deadlines and support all needs of the day. Supporting management around 80+ centers and Executive team on special projects kept me rounded with all areas of need and support. It's a great feeling to be a point of contact "to get the job done" or work with team of teams on special projects. The hardest part of the job is implementing training for staff who's in different time zones and receive online training 'till scheduled in-person support is available. Depending on the depth of training needs, multiple conferences are a must to help ensure the quality of service is implemented. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a member of the Satellite Employee Advisory Team, initiated by CEO to collaborate on what's working well and identify where we need improvement.
Pros
Gain experience in variety of areas
Cons
Personal time off accrual
Icare
Home Dialysis Training and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2017
I started from grounds to corporate office and found ICARE values a focus and accomplishment during my tenure. Great support team and resources on accomplishing quality care for those struggling with end stage renal disease.
Pros
Town Hall Meetings
Cons
Increasing patients modality to home
excellent care and outcomes
PCT, Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 9, 2017
very in tune with staff and pt needs. true to mission statement and people focused. culture of care prevelant in all aspects. patients thrive with this system.
Na
Talent Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 27, 2017
I do not have anything to say other than direction and communication were issues for everyone. Favoritism existed and cause a working environment that was not conducive to being productive and healthy environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellite Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.