Play YouTube video button
Satellite Healthcare

Satellite Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States112 reviews
Company works hard to keep employees happy. Patient's are their priority. Chairman and CEO very humble and down to earth. Was very impressed impressed
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Work days start between 4 and 5 a.m.
Worse experience working for a company ever! Manager is a bully hiding behind being a Christian! Regional manager and HR take up for her and create a hostile work environment! Does not like for staff to get along! Manager has a dictator personality! You are beneath her and you don’t matter! Manager let’s her favorites get away with avoiding work and flipping section. Entire organization UNPROFESSIONAL!! When you try to stand up for yourself you get attacked by management and HR or replaced!
Pros
Friendly patients, benefits
Cons
Horrible management, pay, communication
Fair and equitable working conditions. Good company to work for.
Management and training valuable. Equipment and work setting were great. ';jhgyup[][pogfghiolp;['phgfdfghjkl;lkjhgvfvhkl.,mnbvcvbkloiuytfbk
Satellite keeps incompetent managers in place for years knowing that the managers are incompetent. At least 4 employees had the same issues I did with the "new" manager after being there 10 months he is still unable to complete any task on his own.He is still asking how to save a file on the computer. I am not kidding that literally happened 2 weeks ago he was hired in January. The last manager was just as incompetent had not done many required reports for at least 2 years before anyone noticed. I was written up because I "would not help the manager so he cannot do his job". This is someone who when I give him a report that I have printed out from the company's system he asks "Who did you submit this to"??? It's a company generated report I do not submit it you are supposed to use it for reporting. I told management of these issues. They are "working on these issues". Nothing takes 10 months to figure out.
Management does supervise managers. Center Managers especially at Southwood are always out of the clinic. The center is run by inexperienced staff who have knowledge of center managers personal choices. Most of the employees are unhappy but afraid to say anything. Culture of safety is a term used but not employed.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Work hard and know how to manages your time. Its a hard job but rewarding.Employee are very helpful.I recommend this campany to all my friends and family
Great workplace but lack of direction from upper management. Top notch place that takes care of patients and their needs. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to see what a dialysis company should be/
typically work days are not they same, I've learned to expect the worst and happy when it is better than expected. management was here there and everywhere as we had a manager leave and a temp in place for awhile, so as a charge nurse having to work with new Assistant managers it was difficult at times s we had to learn fro each other. when we finally got a new cent3er manager we had a lot of changes for the better (of which I am not afraid of change) but those who were not for change had a lot of complaints we as a whole had to listen to. I most love my job for my patients, I moved from Alaska my home and don't regret a thing,
Pros
able to request time off
Cons
loop holes in leave policies you dont know about until you need it
I’ve worked at many different organizations, Satellite Health Care has been the best working experience by far. You feel like you’re a part of something greater than yourself, for all the right reasons.
I loved my time at Satellite. The team of staff is passionate about the client population and dedicated to providing them with culturally competent services and support wherever necessary. Management is for the most part very caring, and the client population is super resilient and rewarding to work with.
Satellite Healthcare has rich culture and dedicated employees. One of the biggest problems was the management, especially the top management. They were sort of collecting losers who were incapable and had no leadership. Once all these losers were on board, they let good existing people go to save their jobs.
Nothing more to say about this company. Long hours stressful environment. It doesn’t follow behind it’s core values in my opinion. It’s a job for anyone needing work asap
It seems like the staff that has been there 15 or 20 years get to do whatever they want. They brainwash the new managers and nurses that come on and are up there a** all day long. Dont dare speak up or question anything because you will get let go real quick. The pay is ok but not worth the drive and the headache you get from these butterball nurses and techs. Have fun working for Satellite!!
Pros
45 min breaks
Cons
Working with fake false friends and coworkers
Poor management the employees run you They get mad at you if you don’t do what they want. People will bully you as well. Management doesn’t care. Long hours no life
Enjoy working for a company that allows you to have a work life balance which is very important if you are a single mother.
The incentives are awesome and appreciated. It is a huge gesture when you are here 12 hours a day and the company provides monthly funds to care for us without having to leave.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
ownership
Excellent company. Great training. Very welcoming staff. Job duties are explained well and easy to understand. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Benifits are competitive among industry.
Satellite Healthcare is a great company to work for, with lots of growth potential. They offer many incentives, as well as opportunity for growth, You can start with the company in one field and eventually move to something different, bigger and better. You don't have to stay stagnated nor become complacent. The one area where I see room for improvement would be managers, but there's always room for improvement in everything. Overall I feel that Satellite Healthcare is a good company to work for.
For all the CCHT and RN out there, never try to get hired in Vallejo clinic. You will just regret working there as current management is terrible. Ask first, why are they hiring? Is it because people are leaving because they are disappointed? Pretty much the case. Low pay, enormous workload, then manager will add another workload to staff not even part of our job description. Hope
outpatient dialysis will have union!
Satellite does not give a reasonable pay to their employee who are really working and giving them job and making money for them. People that sit in the office who just keep giving order of what to do does not really listen to what employee has to say. They keep wasting money to improve a lot of things like their offices instead of investing their money to people that works with patient and help them ti get the money their using.
They just want employee to work hard but the compensation and sone educators are arrogant they force u to go work even u already have a phone call with the clinic or have a call and sick
The company is going through a culture shift and headed in the right direction. Growing pains are normal and some people will always fall through the cracks. Overall, its a great place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellite Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8