Satellite Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very Clicky environment
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Pay driven. Pt. focused to the point of allowing patients to verbally abuse you with no consequence. Long hours with little recognition. Manager has no backbone, allow bullying by click group.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Very hard environment to work in
Poor management and lack of team
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Worked for this company for almost one year. The clinic close to hospital. They offer more money because no one in their right mind would ever stay working for this company. They are a joke. Poor management, RNs have no authority and there is no team. Old techs who started with the clinic run the show and if they don’t like you they will make your life miserable. Misery needs company. If you are positive person they will tear you apart . Very negative and unhappy coworkers. I wish I had been warned with “Do not apply!”
Pros
Cons
If hours aren’t met they would reduce from PTO, management is unprofessional and team is unhappy
Great Company Overall
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 25, 2019
I have been blessed to work for an awesome company for the last couple decades. I have moved around to many different clinics. I have yet to work in a clinic where I didn't feel like at home. The only con is the balance between cost of living and pay rate. I have been capped out and everything is going up forcing me to move further into the cheaper cities to live comfortably. But overall, I appreciate the company for its opportunity to do what I love doing best and making a living.
Pros
Security
Cons
Pay
Great benefits paid time off casual dress non profit
Dialysis billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 20, 2019
Great benefits paid time off casual dress flexible hours non profit new management overbearing co workers good for the most part some are in cliques overtime is permitted worked there for 8 and half years performed all positions no advancement possible do billing for side company hired by satellite 2nd Week of every month on my own advanced daft file transfers required manual input as well Ned to know back office entering physician orders and adding orders
Benefits
Cons
billers can not take off first week of ever month work dat
lots of turn over
Tech Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 3, 2019
There was and as far I a know, there continues to be a lot of turn over of employees at all three locations. In my experience, the quality of people filling the open jobs was going down. I hope that is not still the case
excellent
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 30, 2018
great place to work, fast paced
great team work
early shifts
less hours
busy days
great management
more patient
very Fast paced days
hard to take time off
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2018
typical day consists of patient care
how to be a great dialysis tech
the patient care and interaction is the most important part of the day.
the hardest part of the job is losing a patient
Fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2018
Great Company to work for, I would to become a full time employee there. I was only PRN at the time so I did not all of benefits and etc. I want to give it another shot at being a employee
Non-profit dialysis company.
Center Manager Outpatient Dialysis Centeroperative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2018
Would recommend to others. Fast paced dialysis unit. Difficult to find personal due to salary expectation. Experience gained was accomplishing provision of a standard of care under difficult conditions. Most notably given the profound and catastrophic diagnosis of end stage renal disease.
fun place
Clinical Coordinator / Charge Nurse, DaVita (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 3, 2018
i am still currently working with Satellite and want to explore other opportunities out there. I want to work in different department and learn other nursing skills.
Excellent company to work for!
Clinical Admin Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Larkspur, CAOctober 5, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Satellite Healthcare for many years. I have been with the company thru many changes mostly improving changes. But as changes go not all work. Satellite recognizes this and makes the needed changes with all in consideration. We have open communications to Corporate and attentive listeners that will act on what is the concern. I personally have used it and had quick response to my concerns or suggestions. Humanizing patient care is the best goal we all can work toward. This helps us to see each other as people and not just patients and caregivers. Thank you for all Satellite has done for our staff and patients over the years and giving high quality care.
Pros
Caring for all needs and staff benefits.
Cons
none. Would not chose to work for any other dialysis company.
Hemodailysis Technician (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 26, 2018
Has a great Nocturnal Shift!!! loved working there,friendly PCT,s a really refreshing place to work met some old friends I was in the business for 17 years
Pros
free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Management, Team, Company
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CASeptember 15, 2018
I love working for Satellite most specially Vallejo clinic, we have a good team that helps each other out, we have an amazing, supportive manager that is always there to back us up. Patients are very appreciative of what we do. The company is very concentrated on the welfare of the patients and the team as well. Everyone helps each other out including our manager who works at the floor. We have good reviews from the recent survey we had from the patients. I always look forward coming to work.. Go Satellite!!!!
Pros
free lunches
I hate this.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 3, 2018
I guess I have to write a review on every place I worked otherwise my information won't be updated. And apparently it is not disclosed to anyone and they can't see it? Useless.
Long hours on your feet, bullies, run!
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
6 months of harassment by non white employees who think they know more than a nurse. Your license is not valued. Long hours 14-16 hours on your feet, with patients that are non compliant. No social worker or dietician comes and t as old to these patients.
Favoritism. Just run.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Long hours, bullies
Overall impression
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2018
A great company. A non profit who focuses on patient care. Provides opportunities for growth and development. Provides tuition assistance and an employee assistance program.
They will use you up and get rid of you
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 13, 2018
The atmosphere is toxic and unsupportive. Upper management doesn't support the staff caring for patients in the field but keeping asking for more and more work to be done. Upper management is inappropriate with one another and employees are not supported when a complaint is made; rather they are disciplined.
The place has changed to being more financially driven and all care for staff has gone with their prior commitment.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Upper Management
well balanced work place
Courier/Delivery Driver/inventory (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Excellent team work here truth honesty and fair pay
And they let you know everything good or bad
lots of pto, excellent benefits many different races of people here
all working together.
Pros
free food weekends and flexible bosses and good team work
Cons
medical field people passing away
Every Clinic Is Different
Biomedical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 7, 2018
During my stay with satellite, I noticed that every clinic would have their own atmosphere, some good, some bad. But overall, majority of them would be tight knit and if you did not fit in. You did not fit in. I do like the diversity within the company, which is one thing that stood out immediately upon hire.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Traffic
Lack of Growth
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
No growth for employees that arn't in California. Company is slow to change and is really behind on technology. You find yourself endlessly paper shuffling. Good pay for RNs. Leadership needs more training and management needs to have training on selecting competent, valuable, educated employees. Good company for growth if you're an RN or if you live in California otherwise you will be given a lot of false hope for promotion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellite Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.