Satellites Unlimited Inc.

United States218 reviews

Satellites Unlimited Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Organized and focused company

Working with this company if your coming from a minimum wage job or factory plant job, this is a big upgrade and will change your life and families li

Pros

You don't have to spend gas and you dictate your income

Cons

Lack of time with family, no consistent off days

Management is HORRIBLE

Management is the worst and will not take responsibility for their actions. They will blame the technician for everything and when you put your two weeks in they will give you the option to permanently stay or be fired right then. Pay sucks and they will charge you for every little thing.

Pros

Cons

Everything about the job

Bad communication, and big waste of time.

One manager promised me 40 hours a week then a a different manager said you only get to work if you cold call people and get sales done. After they hired me I never heard from them again. I keep calling their office but no one ever picks up the phone.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time, broken promises, lay offs

Good job

Loved working for SUI. only issues I had was I didn't like selling really I was good at it but SUI wants you to sell something at every customer's house even if they're a current dish customer. I know if someone came to my house to install something and tried to upsell me stuff I'd just ask them to leave I don't like door to door salesman. Besides that awesome job and If you get tech of the month like I did the owner of the company would send you a care and usually give you a prize they are very easy going and I loved the company but I left for be a truck driver if it wasn't for that I would still be there.they are amazing people

Pros

Personal work vehicle that you bring home at night

Apply elsewhere

The company sets unrealistic goals. The CEO has no sense of reality or how to manage. The company needs a restructuring because it currently is outdated. The staff is NOT diverse especially leadership.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Bad management, unrealistic goals

You don’t receive good training. They expect new techs to know how to do everything. Management doesn’t want to help. Always want you to work overtime

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Terrible

Don't work here. You are expected to work hard with no benefit. You will not make any money here and hate it. They don't care about you and will treat you terribly.

Great place to work with management always trying to improve

Great leadership, promising future, excellent core values. This company operates as a team headed in one direction. They invest in their employees and desire to see them grow. Great atmosphere and culture within this company. Progressive with technology and methods. From day 1, I have felt like I'm on board with a company that is growing and that I am going to grow with it.This company has great benefits. The management is invested in developing staff into future leaders of the company. Great company culture and family feel with co-workers.

Pros

The harder you work the better you get paid!

Cons

You will have to take responsibility for yourself, Negative reviews are from former/current employees who refused to fulfill their job obligations.

Well Paid

This job is a great job to have if you have goals you truly want to shoot for! They take care of your traveling with your own van and gas card. Give you all the tools you’ll need on the job. A family oriented business, they work with you and support you to advancement and also other career interests within the job itself!

Pros

Money is great for goals or family!

Cons

Time fluctuates, so not always have time to spend with family on some days

Very good place to work.

I’ve worked here for a few months now, and honestly have no complaints. Management is actually there to help you unlike a lot of other companies. Your pay and advancement is based on you and how you work which is a bonus. I really like that if I’m having an issue I can call other technicians or even my managers, and they actually help me through my issues. I would highly recommend this job to anyone.

Pros

Lots of contests and prizes.

Cons

Can have some long days.

Lots of opportunities to make extra money for the highly motivated individual.

Laid back environment, prefect for self motivated and self managing people. Paid for the effort you put in. Keeping up with job load and hours would be the hardest thing. Most enjoyable is working with different customers in different places everyday and seeing the sights.

Pros

Take home vehicle, contest for earning extras, great pay

Cons

long hours may be required

Great place to work, great people to work with.

I’ve worked here for about 7 months and it’s been great. Sometimes there can be some long days, and sometimes some shorter days. It evens itself out most of the time. Overall a great place to work with great benefits and great people do work with.

Pros

Great management, great benefits

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Job security and fair expectations

A normal day at work is pretty good. I feel like the company is organized well and the overall job flow makes sense. I feel its a friendly and professional environment to work in. The hardest part of my job is the hours which can be long sometimes. I do like helping others and feel like I am providing an important service to my customers.

Pros

company van is great. pay is pretty good.

Cons

long hours sometimes but that's the nature of the type of work.

A lot of money if you willing to go get it

Money is there if your not lazy and a go getter. Lots of PTO to earn. You learn a lot of different skills that helps in everyday life great place to work it is what you make it

Pros

Company vehicle with gas card money to be made

Cons

Drive time some times

Great Company

SUI is a family oriented company that cares for their employees. In my experience you don't find many companies that are like that. The management and benefits are great . I've been working here for two years so far and I can see myself staying with the company for awhile. Overall the company is an awesome place to work for.

Productive and fun place to work

You can control your income, if you’re willing to work and put jobs down the ground you can make money, sales are a big part of this job as well, it’s a metric base company , the perks is you can make more money as long as you can meet the metrics and are willing to work… long hour days!! Be ready to work 10-12 hours shifts sometimes longer, overall is a good place to work if you have work ethic and ready to hustle

Pros

Provide van, tools, gas card

Cons

Long days

Awesome place to work.

Satellites Unlimited provides a great work environment to enhance your professional skills and provide for your family. I truly enjoy the atmosphere and the people that I work with. My regional manager is very supportive and he’s there any time that I need him. The corporate office support staff is very engaged. I’ve worked for other companies where people that worked in “corporate” were very stand offish. However, that is not the case at SUI. As a general manager, I feel very comfortable engaging with everybody from every level within the company.

Pros

Company vehicle, great compensation, fuel card, vacation

Work Hard, Live the life you want

You get out of it what you put into it. This job isn’t for everyone. The big money comes later and it seems that most people aren’t willing to do what it takes to get to the big money. I assure you though that it’s not that difficult. I was skeptical at first getting paid by the work order. It turns out that for people who are hard workers and responsible and can manage their time and are driven to exceed goals, this job is for you. I was a salaried employee working 50-80 hours a week for the same measly check every 2 weeks prior to this job. I spent the time learning the technical aspect but also the customer service/sales aspect of the job and have been able to make almost twice as much money in about half as many hours per week. Now, I can’t stress enough that you have to put the work in to be successful. I have been with company for over 3 years and have enjoyed it. Most days I look forward to having the opportunity to do the job. I truly like what I do. I work extremely hard every day though. I come home sweaty and dirty almost every day. There are many skill sets that are important to being successful here. You must be a people person and be able to communicate clearly. Time management, personal responsibility and self motivation are other qualities that will help you succeed. You have to be able to get comfortable offering products and services. We do hang TVs, install Google Nest products (most are really easy to install), install Dish Network TV services and many other awesome products. The company provides as much support as you need as long -

Pros

Bonuses, great people, unlimited earning potential, many more.

Cons

Takes time to get good enough to make the big $$$, hard work, once in awhile having to work in a dirty house or deal with a difficult customer

Sales Oriented and Physical labor with long hours

Company's main goal is onsite sales while simultaneously completing work orders, which can be physically strenuous and demanding as there is generally no cut off time for work orders. Work till the work is done and keep up the sales quota.

Pros

Take van home, health benfits and PTO

Cons

Bad work/life balance, high pressure for sales performance

Decent place to work it’s all good at first but sucks throughout the job

All they care about is sales. It’s good at first but the work life balance isn’t there you have off days through the week most of the times the training you have to pay attention or you won’t learn anything. They route you all over the place

Co- workers and a couple FSMS care about you

I was 3 hours a day from my house everyday and not getting back home until 9 pm to the earliest. The “training” is more of throw you the wolves especially since some techs don’t train you properly in those 3 weeks.

Pros

Some Co workers care about you

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Satellites Unlimited Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.5
2.7
2.8
2.8

Compare Satellites Unlimited Inc. with

• Satellites Unlimited Inc.