Saudi Aramco Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive and culture oriented
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  HaradhMay 4, 2018
Productive and culture oriented. Professional management team. Clear daily activities with straightforward instructions. compensation is good. management is trying to give the employees best training courses.
Perfect work culture
Lead Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Lead Documen ControllerMay 1, 2018
Right place to work and gain the MNC work culture and experiences about complete cycle of oil and gas.
in house packages implementation was excellent
documents security and maintain is up to standards
Pros
motivation
Cons
system
Administrative Assistant
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
Excellent management. Although, be prepared to serve coffee and make managements personal business appointments for their wives and children. Management is kind and willing to work with your schedule if you need time off.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Mgmt expects personal business assistants
Aramco has been a good experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahApril 6, 2018
New employees usually are placed in transactional roles to learn how the business works and become familiar with policies and procedures. The culture is one that values humility, respect, politeness and friendliness.

They also value mental toughness and resiliency, but this demonstrated over years of work. Many senior people find it challenging to revert back into a transaction role when they first come. The work environment is friendly and there is a definite need to mentor and help the young Saudi men and women to become more proficient as professional in the Supply Chain Management functions (or indeed any other).

Once you establish a good reputation as an mentor who helps other team members and has a strong work ethic, you begin to experience demand pull requests. This is how I ended up working on a project requested by the Sr. Vice President.

Like many jobs, is all about team work and collaboration and establishing relationships and giving of yourself or the good of the team. Mentoring and helping some of the young professionals was the most rewarding part of the job for me.
Pros
A sense of professional pride accomplish very challenging cross departmal tasks.
Cons
Change happens very slowly there, so if you are used to fast change management, you have to re-calibrate your expectations.
Productivity & Good
HSE Leader (Current Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahApril 4, 2018
Nothing to say about Aramco every body in the world know the Best Oil & Gas company is Saudi Aramco. It was one of the lead & challenging Company for Oil & Gas
Pros
Housing & Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
i don't want to
Avionics specialist (Former Employee) –  saudi arabiaMarch 27, 2018
i don't want to write a review but they are forcing me I think the little info should be more than enough for people do understand. So once this minimum oh i just did.
Logistical nightmare
HSE Field Supervisor / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DhharanMarch 26, 2018
Logistic is very poor.

Chopper and marine bookings are almost non existent.

Aramco set rules in place but Aramco security and Government forces enforce their own terminology of the rules or policy. No consistency between departments
Pros
Working offshore with contractors
Cons
Logistics is very ppor
Professional Culture
Engineer IIII (Former Employee) –  Ras TanurahFebruary 1, 2018
It is an oil and gas company so there is some routine expect fro shutdowns. But overall lucrative jobs with nice atmosphere and minimum of 22 paid days off
Excellent
Inspector Telecom, ISP/OSP and civil (Former Employee) –  Ash Sharqīyah, UdhaliyahJanuary 16, 2018
During my 9 years of services in Saudi Aramco I found great satisfaction related to my job, office environment, the uniqueness of multi national employees incorporated as one team with extremely cooperative and friendly atmosphere. The company takes grate initiatives for the excellent welfare of its employees and their family members. With the state of the art technology and methods at work place often sending employees for professional courses in and out of the kingdom on its own expenses. To me it was more like a home than a just a company.
Consultant Exp at at Aramco
Unconventional Operations Expert "Consultant" (Current Employee) –  YesJanuary 5, 2018
I was hired by Aramco to help develop their "Emerging Unconventional Asset Department" my role is to help develop and Integrated Operations Center (IOC) while implementing the use of Decision Space Geology "DSG"
Over all my experience here has been very pleasant. Its a great place to work as a Consultant, but if I was offered full time employment I would definitely accept the job as it pays very well and have GREAT Benefits.
You just have to be open minded and accepting of the culture here in Saudi Arabia. The Saudis are great people, every person I have met has been king, giving, and just very pleasant to work with.
Lets not forget the great food here in Saudi!!!! That's always a nice perk when you relocate
Pros
Great benefits, pay, free housing and utilities
Cons
Being away from home
A highly productive and fun place to work.
Contract Advisor (Current Employee) –  Khurais,Central ArabiaDecember 24, 2017
Fun Workplace. A highly professional and collaborative work environment. We work as a team. A highly dynamic and diverse work environment with people from all over the world.
Good place to groom yourself
MARINE DISPATCHER - LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  TanajibDecember 4, 2017
Saudi Aramco is a good place to learn Oil&Gas Drilling and Lofistics operations .you can polish your self with good skills and knowledge about Marine and other shipping services .
wonderful setting
Director of Clinical Engineering (Former Employee) –  saudi ArabiaNovember 19, 2017
great family life, advancement, work schedule, amazing pension plan, they match 9% contribution and retirement plan vested from day one, great benefits, and international medical insurance free schools for kids.
Pros
free housing, schools, family discounts.
Not recommended for (US) expats
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaNovember 13, 2017
The company has deteriorated badly in the last few years. The work environment is a toxic "us vs. them" tug of war between Saudis and expats which creates a very unhealthy and unproductive workplace. Business lines have to classify the two groups separately and justify the existence of their expats annually. The reward system for Saudi managers favors elimination, not development and retention.
You will most likely be put in a group that requested you to fill a short-term gap or need and once you solve the immediate short term problems that brought you there you are essentially on notice to be replaced and to get out. I recall 7 different supervisors over a 2-3 year period. Whoever requested you will likely be long gone before you arrive anyway.
Most expats in my estimation and experience last 2-3 years. A few make 5, and a very small percentage make 10 or more. The benefits are back-ended with the pension awarded at 5 years and continuing medical at 10/55. I have been seeing a pattern where they keep their American expats 8-9 years then shed them just before they are retirement eligible. Your chances of making the full benefit retirement period are very low, everyone knows that, and a large percentage exit at 5 years when they pension vest. With zero development and zero opportunity to move to any other job around the company the pension vest date is the only thing that keeps them there beyond the first couple of years.
A short term financial shot in the arm and salary premium is pretty much the best that can be expected. For that you get a house in a segregated
  more... community where you are isolated from the outside (but where every Saudi employee and/or relative or family member can freely roam on weekends) and a decent school for the children. The medical care is third-world level and if something happens to you or a member of your family the chances of successful acute care are very low.
In my view the money is not worth the segregation and toxic, unhealthy work environment that you have to put up with every day. Be careful with reading these reviews because the company actively has people inputting glowing reviews (easily spotted by the broken English) to keep the ratings up. The company expatriate website is blocked from the company home internet (you will NOT get good information there) and the recruiters in Houston are paid well to say anything and promise anything to get you there.
Pros
Salary and relatively low cost of living
Cons
Segregation and toxic, unhealthy work environment
About Aramco
Electrical & Instrument Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahOctober 27, 2017
Good Oil and Gas Industry .Good Salary and Better Career Prospects.Timely Promotion System with Secure Job. over All Safety system also good..........
Excellant work enviroment
Inspector (Former Employee) –  KhursanyahOctober 24, 2017
I advise working at Saudi Aramco. One of the best companies that improves the employee and believes in continous improment. I am planning to serve them again.
Pros
Organization
Cons
Many hours
Best Place for Fresh Graduates
Electrical & Instrumentation Site Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Khurais, Eastern ProvinceOctober 23, 2017
Everyday there is a visit/s to assigned sites to check project progress. Weekly meetings with contractors discussing projects issues and needs. The job role is focused on managing projects and contractors that work in construction. Saudi Aramco is a multicultural company since it is open for all nationalities. The difficult part in this job is collaborating with other Aramco divisions/departments as there is a huge issue in communication between them which makes delays in projects.
Pros
Good Working Environment & Good Income.
Cons
Hot Weather Most of the Year.
Bigest Oil company in Saudi Arabia
Architectural Intern (Former Employee) –  Udhailiyah, Saudi ArabiaOctober 15, 2017
I did my internship in Saudi Aramco, Udhailiyah, Saudi Arabia. Udhailiah it is a place in the medal of a desert. However, I was working in Construction department. At that time they were redesigning an existed office building and later on, they started working on a theater in Aramco campus.
working overseas in the desert
Wellsite Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaOctober 6, 2017
Basically the same as above but with 150 people on board at all times. spent a lot of time traveling spent anywhere to 65 to 80 days over there in Saudi
Pros
travel to different country's meet a lot off people
Cons
away to long
Ideal work enviroment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ash SharqīyahAugust 30, 2017
Saudi Aramco is the world's largest oil producer company located in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I worked in the finance department (Joint venture support and Financial consulting) I've learned a lot during my two month summer internship.