Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work and not a place to send any loved ones.
COTA (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 22, 2019
Dirty, outdated, and poorly managed. High turn over of staff. I would not put a dog in these facilities and trust that they would be ok. Therapy is a factory for obtaining minutes to make the company as much as possible with little regard to the patient’s well being. No incentives to work harder or better yourself as a clinician. I was physically getting ill prior to my departure. The high stress levels raised my blood pressure and I developed acid reflux. The rehab staff was good, but all the good nurses moved on because patient care became mission impossible. Sava was once a decent company, but has fallen victim to an ever deteriorating health care system. Thanks Obamacare.
Pros
Good team of rehabilitation staff
Cons
High stress. Poor working conditions. Just a cog in the machine.
Excellent Company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  KSMarch 22, 2019
Great organization to work for. I felt valued. Excellent compensation and achievable incentive program. Great regional support. Excellent policies and supportive data. Culture is positive and uplifting. Very supportive staff.
Pros
Excellent organizarion and knowledgeable senior management team.
Cons
Not many coms at all.
Its a place where the residents are treated right
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sweeny, TXMarch 22, 2019
Overall i enjoyed my job. Its a very fast. Paced environment..Got to keep up.. The turn around for employees is low.. More like a family environment.. Every place has that ONE employee... Every place has issues..But i feel all issues were handled promptly and fairly..Benefits are good..Pay is decent.
Pros
Family oriented.. Benifits...time off
Cons
Very fast paced at times
Don’t bother applying here
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMarch 19, 2019
Always short staffed. Very disorganized. Company Culture is very bad. Training is terrible. Very money oriented. Nurse Aides are rude, lazy and do whatever they want.
Pros
Pay but it is not worth it.
Cons
Short staffed always. Disorganized. Snotty Nurse managers
Run.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 16, 2019
No words could ever describe how much this place sucks. Mandation policy is a joke, their union is a joke, it's a shame what those residents have to endure.
CERTIFIED NURSE AID (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 13, 2019
We had to learn to work with patients with all kinds of sickness. We also worked with patient so they cam get back to walking, doing things for theirself again. Also showing them love. The most enjoyable part about the job is working with older people specifically if you love elder people
Terrible company
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 8, 2019
I could not have said it better than this review, “Lack of training, knowledge hording, in order to make themselves look superior, very clickish, questionable ethic in upper management, one way communication“ Upper management had a way of making you feel very uncomfortable and “beneath them.”
Wouldn’t recommend
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 6, 2019
Admin and DOR need to be replaced. Focus on cost cutting to the detriment of food service and housekeeping . Too many patients per nurse, too many restrictions on supplies needed to care for residents.
Pros
Cons
Poor nursing, Poot budget management, no advancement, Poor hours, high census low staffing
Throw away the whole facility
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXFebruary 27, 2019
This company is an absolute atrocity! The management had no idea what was going on with the patients we never had any supplies, the communication was terrible and the patient care suffered because of it! I felt my license was in jeopardy because the amount of patients they gave us and the high acuity of the patients was unbelievable and unsafe! I would have a lot of patients with behaviors as well as Fall risks etc and they were never willing to help! They could never keep nurses because they were unprofessional and they talked to their staff any kind of way! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this place! It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Pros
Cons
Throw the whole facility away
There needs to be a change
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 17, 2019
Management has gone down, they get rid of the best employees and keep the bad ones that just sit around on there phones like the nurses do because they’re too lazy to pass out meds, or they personally take them. Most CNA’s are rude to the residents and man handle them. One side is supposed to be rehab and the administration only cares about numbers so both sides have become total care and they don’t realize it because they’re never on the floor offering help. They only care of the beds are full and food. The unit managers couldn’t care about anything as long as you don’t come in there office and bug them. I see the awards on the wall every morning when I walk in, but still don’t see how we got them. Majority of the faculty don’t care, when administrators don’t care the CNA’s don’t care and now our building looks like pure garbage because no one seems to care.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoy this facility and work with some great people. I would recommend this facility if you want a laid back place to work. It pays well and the benefits are pretty good.
Stay positive ALWAYS ! Build others up
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  TxFebruary 2, 2019
Your job & your life is what you make of it. Don't be negative. Stay positive! The resident's of our Snf/Ltc units deserve our respect & diligence. Commit to excellence! I've been with our Snf/Ltac for 18 yrs...14 with Sava. Good times & in want...plant that seed of faith/positivity/& encouragement to our God 1st ..then resident's 2nd ..then our co-workers. Stay positive!
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Not from me my friends
Very disappointed in this company
Business Office Director (Current Employee) –  Inman, SCJanuary 31, 2019
No management backbone
Lack of communication
Doesn't hold anyone accountable for their negative actions
No respect for hard workers
Poor management choices
Great rehab manager
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoy working with the rehab team at Sava as a prn COTA. Good communication between OT/PT and nursing. Rehab management is great. The rehab patients are fun to work with, some pleasantly confused.
Pros
I am prn only
Special Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Company leadership is built off the buddy system, there are many leadership roles filled with folks that demonstrate unprofessional conduct and it's never addressed timely or fairly by executive team which creates legal concerns for organization, which leads to repeat layoffs. Job commitment or tender with company is not a factor of how you are termed. many team members have work with superior service for over 15-35 years whom continue to be laid off for an unqualified buddy or family member, and friend to fill the role for less pay.
Over all if you are not part of the BUDDY system you will be very uncomfortable until company RESPECT ALL their employed regardless of their job titles. A TEAM make the dream work (TEAM)

However, It's not a bad place to work! Career growth is avaiable in orginazation.
Pros
Flex work schedule
Cons
Lack of respect, between leadership team and team members
love
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2019
i so love working and doing for older people that is life joy to me giving to those who gave so much to me , i love food service jobs that let me help
Enjoyable learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Worked with the Regional Vice President, preparing daily reports, getting supplies ready for monthly meetings. Conducted census and labor calls to relate to RVP on a daily basis
Life at Sava
Fulltime Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Sava is a Great Place to work, I really enjoyed working with the managed care team, My Supervisor was very understanding easy to work with. Unfortunately the Job Security is low you do not know if your coming or going, but a great place to gain experience.
Pros
Good Pay, Gain Good Experience
Cons
Job Security
Resident and staff centered.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Newport, TNJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked for this company for 10+ years, and have seen an amazing difference in staffing and management in the last year. The staffing is better than ever and New management have truly made a difference. No matter the level of education they have, the staff is always willing to help. House keeping is better than ever, each resident is taking care of in a loving, respectful manner. You don’t just feel like an employee but FAMILY! To me that’s important to have people willing to cry and laugh with you, they don’t just look at you when you’re down they help lift you up. Truly an amazing building with the best staff ever! Truly blessed!
Pros
Co-workers become family, residents are family.
Cons
new staff want to complain about things, and quit without bringing it to the table to discuss. New ideas are always appreciate.
just an ok place
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 15, 2019
my issue is i have been here for several months and i still have not had any formal training and probably will not get any. the benefits are are high and not affordable.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
short lunch, pay, and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight