Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Worst than the jungle.
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX Woodwind LakesOctober 11, 2018
I worked 2 medication carts, while nurse only worked 1. Paid only $13.25. Computers were despicable and torn up. Do PCC on jacked up computers. Residents not cared for. Feces on residents fingers, and Nurse Aide still give them breakfast tray. Residents have four urinals on the side of their bed full of urine. Medication not ordered for residents. Residents with Retroactive virus medications are not ordered. Dietary leaves pan full of dirty dishes out til in the morning. Flies in the building. Had to go to Corporate several times concerning my paychecks.
Do not work there!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 10, 2018
I worked at Save more than 10 years. It was great at first, however, corporate came in and changed things around. They literally and outright tried to intimidate staff. Not friendly at all and showed NO respect to any staff members. Eventually, now the times are changing to people to wanting to stay at home and census got low, it didn't matter who you were as a manager and how long you had been in the company, they would let you go in a blink of an eye. Then, of course the residents suffer and they didn't seem to care about that either.
Cons
Company that benefits the community
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2018
Traveled daility to varioius facilities to assist business office managers.

Learned how to manage time and different personalities.

Upper management was very helpful.

Workplace was very pleasant environment to work in.

Hardest part of job was being on the road daily.

Most enjoyable part of the job was be recognized for successes.
Pros
Quarterly meetings off site.
Cons
Being on the road daily.
Doesn't stand out from the crowd
Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 5, 2018
I came to the "elder-care" field with eyes-wide-open. Luckily, the residents (the very reason I came to nursing home) were well worth the sacrifice of working for Sava Senior Care. The management and co-workers can be so cynical, but 1-1 patient-care is amazing. The assignments were always too heavy though (25-65 patients per nurse!!)
The work is satisfying, but is NOT for the faint-of-heart.
Pros
Overtime and bonuses
Cons
"Territorial" nature of geriatric nurses in general
Horrible place to put a family memeber.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
This place is not a place I would recommend at all. The nurses are rude. The management is very unprofessional and disrespectful. The administration are very timid. They allow the residents to be dirty. This company had broken so many violations while I worked there, I had to voluntarily quit. That's not the type of company i want to be apart of.
Pros
Residents were nice
Cons
Unprofessional company.
Workplace
Interim Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 13, 2018
Customer service and team-player employees is key to excellent in the workplace. Every department depends on each others, management must be visible and held accountable in there participation in following the many rules of the Nursing Home and State guideline. Lead by example is easy said, but the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Experience and Attendance
Cons
Getting others to follow
absolutely not fun very clicky
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  montrose coloradoSeptember 18, 2018
in my career as a nurse for 25 years I have never worked for such a terrible company. No continuation of education and very manegement top heavy. Had to work as a CNA frequently because no CNA's want to work there. very degrading place to work. Was told to let residents hit me. "It doesn't hurt very much anyway. Please find another job. Benefits suck and no raises given
Pros
poor
Cons
no lunches, poor benefits, no communication, management very mean and bully
Beware of promises, lost there way in mission statement and commitment to all staff
Unannoymus (Current Employee) –  western united statesSeptember 11, 2018
Beware review there history of employee longevity, management expectations you required to do multipul jobs other then your own, layoff constantly major layoff run about every three years, promotions wage increases are not to be found, staff expected to keep taking on more tasks, overtime even when needed for good reason against there policy, staff often work overtime off the clock....
Pros
employees make this company
Cons
Corporate: You just a number on a balance sheet, your days are numbered.
No team work!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
Typically I am familiar with working somewhere where everyone works well together. Each department should be helpful and cooperative. Trying to converse with someone from a different department other than yours is cut throat , unless you’re a male speaking with a female. RCSs doesn’t work well with Nursing, Nursing doesn’t work well with Rehab, etc it’s a continuous circle that makes our job difficult. Poor communication throughout the whole facility. Staff in one department assuming they know everything in another department, with lacking education and professionalism . Common sense isn’t so common in this facility.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary, gossip
Run away!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Clawson MISeptember 2, 2018
This company is an absolute atrocity! The management had no idea what was going on with the patients we never had any supplies, the communication was terrible and the patient care suffered because of it! I felt my license was in jeopardy because the amount of patients they gave us and the high acuity of the patients was unbelievable and unsafe! I would have a lot of patients with behaviors as well as Fall risks etc and they were never willing to help! They could never keep nurses because they were unprofessional and they talked to their staff any kind of way! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this place! It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No accountability, poorly trained employees.

Want to know more about Sava Senior Care?

Ask a question
Stay away
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 2, 2018
Sava took over a little over a year ago, since then bad management has ruled this facility. I feel sorry for the cna's over worked and under paid. You can call off and no call no show all you want. If you actually show up for work, you will wish you hadn't. The residents are mostly totals and most of the time the aids have up to 18 of them to care for. ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED BECAUSE MANAGEMENT IS POOR. STAFF AND RESIDENTS ARE POORLY TREATED.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Days on
Stay away
nurse (Former Employee) –  coloradoAugust 28, 2018
SAVA is a bad company to work for. Always short staffed, no to little training, management does not care about staff, most nurses are there just for the patients, but otherwise hate the place. No support from management, short staffed, and always being put down by management team and patient load the hardest part of the job. The patients are the only thing that makes the job enjoyable. ALL the facilities in Colorado are BAD
Pros
patients
Cons
no work family balance, management lies
Tense work environment.
Will not reveal (Current Employee) –  Will not revealOctober 3, 2018
SavaSeniorCare is a tough place to work. Staff across all levels are working with challenged resources. There are great systems there but not enough resources to execute them. The IT infrastructure is lackluster could be significantly improved. There are no annual merit increases which is a reason for significant dissatisfaction.
Best company I have ever worked for
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 11, 2018
I loved working for Sava !!!! Division support /company support was outstanding. I was recruited and moved from Chicago to Texas to work for Sava , I was embraced by all and made to feel as if we were family ... Love and miss all of you!! Again, best company to work for .
Pros
Benefits, work for environment, support
Professional, yet friendly environment
Sr Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
A Typical day at SavaSeniorCare Consulting LLC,
Respond to emails and voicemails. Work on license renewal applications. Complete officers and company updates. I learn various software systems, ie..Secretariat, which is use to record company entities, officers information, ownership structure. There was no micro management within the company. Everyone pretty much knew what needed to be done and without questions. The workplace culture was very professional, at the same time it had a family feeling to it. The hardest part of the job was waiting on other departments to get information to you, in order for you to complete your job. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the friendly demeanor of the staff.
Pros
Everyone had the 'team, makes the dream" work attitude
Benefits
Do not work for Sava
Administrator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 16, 2018
They interviewed me and talked all about teamwork and that they are different. They do not promote teamwork or leaders. They just want chaos and drama. Nothing ever changes, your pay is never right, they lie, cheat. Labor board should be called. Management never talks about the residents.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Workplace culture
Rehab Manager/Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2018
When I walk into a Sava building I immediately feel at home. The employees are nice and helpful and the resident's feel like the facility is their home. The activities department always has something going on to keep the residents active and engaged..
Pros
PTO/holiday pay
Cons
I have no cons
Stressful place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MISeptember 24, 2018
Crestmont has potential. Everything just seems out of order in terms of management. Working short all the time. I had about 35 patients before. Teamwork is great with CNAs on my shift. Not so much between other shifts. Co-workers appear to be very nice.
Pros
Pay, friendly coworkers, plenty over time
Cons
Working short staffed
Resident centered facility. Management supports the floor staff and are involved in the residents overall care. This facility has come a long way!
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 30, 2018
I could not imagine a better workplace. LTC is not an easy job, however if you have a love for it this is the place to be! I know I am supported by a great team. The staff here are dedicated to the residents and each other. They have a great workplace culture that feels like family. The residents make my day and I look forward to caring for them on a daily. Staff ratios are outstanding. There is no odor and we have a very clean facility. Don't believe everything you hear...Come check it out for yourself!
Pros
Free lunch. Great work environment. Supportive mgmt.
Cons
If LTC is not for you this will not be the job for you
Do not work for Sava
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 14, 2018
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight