Sava Senior Care

Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

United States728 reviews
Featured review
Sava Senior Care selected this as a representative review
Excellent work environment. Very supportive supervisor and excellent team to work with. Clean environment. Therapists and staff are very tentative to the needs of the residents residing at nursing facility. Opportunity for growth. Fun environment to work.
Pros
Free contuing education, good health benefits
Cons
Cannot think of any cons at this time.
This is the worst company to work for. The pay is bad manage changes every six weeks would not suggest this company to any one. Their nursing homes are bad no staff or building repairs.
Pros
people you workday to day with
Cons
Poor management
August 11, 2020
We appreciate your service at SavaSeniorCare. We are always looking for ways to improve. We are constantly working to improve. Your feedback helps the process. If you would like to discuss this concern further, please contact us at 866-885-5992.
When working in long term care, it is important to be apart of a company that supports its employees from personal issues to daily functions. I feel Sava exceeds my expectations and I trust them completely.
August 11, 2020
Thank you for your review and for all you do to help our team! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!
Poor management of Covid-19 pandemic. Safety concerns prior to and during the pandemic, did not feel comfortable returning to work for a company that does not consider their employees health a priority. Not informed that employee had been exposed to Covid 19.

Leadership is very inconsistent, quality of care is at the lowest, major nursing staff turnover. No accountability, all of the long term leadership gossips about each other and will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Pay scale for caregivers and LPN’s low compared to competitor companies despite’s the companies staff turnover. Much communication about improving the quality of the care from corporate but it is all just to talk, at least at the Westchester, IL location. Communication is very poor. Programs initiated with no accountability. I’ve been in nursing management for years and this is by far one of the worst SNF’s. I made my days better by being productive, staying positive and having the least amount of interactions with management as I could.

Never met the CEO but if he wants staff retention they should start initiating conversations with their employees.

Loyal employees are often treated poorly because they are loyal and employers think they will not leave. If people feel belittled or poorly treated, they will leave, no matter the amount of money.

Pros
Learned something new everyday by seeking out learning opportunities
Cons
Poor Leadership in the building, horrible work culture
Good place to work if you are a highly competitive sales professional. Good pay. High turnover with reps. Leadership makes this a very intense place to work.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Just don’t waste your time. The Administrator was arrested for breaking a glass bottle over a lady’s head in a bar brawl and management never helps when needed
July 16, 2020
Management is self centered, they don’t pay employees plus the work load is extremely heavy. They have short of staff all the time. They are very disorganized with the management team.
Pros
No free lunches or drinks!!!
Cons
Most of the time, you take break and still continue with work
July 7, 2020
We appreciate your service at SavaSeniorCare. We strive to have a culture of improvement, and feedback like yours helps us shape the way we do things. Please contact us at 866-885-5992 so we can follow up on your concerns. Thank you for your candid feedback.
Loved my job, loved my co-workers and everyone I met, then we got new people in management positions, after 2 weeks I dreaded having to go there then they traded me to a sister facility where I was happy again except for shift I had to work, traded for my prfered shift at different sister facility, left the company because of this facility's management.
Pros
There are a lot of facilities to work at.
Cons
Seldom treated well.
This place is toxic. Management is unsupportive, lazy and indifferent towards patient care and employee satisfaction. Horribly staffed all the time!!!! And if you have a voice of concern about the poor staffing which has lead to the patients/residents not being taken care of properly, they will find a way to get rid of you. Their motto should be show up and shut up!
Pros
Therapy departmemt
Cons
Management/corporate greed/lack of concern for patient care
June 18, 2020
Hello, we appreciate your candid feedback. It is our intent to resolve concerns quickly. To help you, we need additional information. Please contact us at 866-885-5992 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Promised dates for vacation coverage month ahead calender. Later 1 week prior to set coverage date I called mgr to f/u pt load and was told that they did not have me down for the dates promised and was told that another Lpta from Gastonia would be working the vacation dates. Very disturbing to say the least. The interim therapy mgr would not take return my calls. Disgusting management.
June 18, 2020
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback helps us correct concerns and provide quality services. Please call 866-885-5992 at your earliest convenience so that we may escalate the concern.
Its a great place to work i love the atmosphere the team work is excellent and management is so friendly they really do alot for there employees they show us how much we are appreciated
Good place to work. Concerned about employees and residents. We have needed equipment and in good working condition. Good Staff Development. Management is fair
Truly terrible leadership with no idea how to motivate people. Culture was focused on pushing and intimidating employees to do everything they could to make numbers without concern for employee well being or patient care upper management sits in an ivory tower while staff in the field stress about numbers and how they will care for patients I would never put a loved one in a facility run by this company
Worst company ever worked for they do not care about the residents they need to be shut down or brought out by someone who cares and value there employees and residents
I just had my 5th year anniversary! I’v been able to transition into other roles in the company with amazing support. The benefits are amazing And the pay scale is great!! Management and front line staff are resident centered. The health insurance is cheap.
Love the people I work with!
May 12, 2020
We are delighted to hear you enjoy working for SavaSeniorCare! We appreciate you being a part of the team! Happy 5 year Anniversary! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share. Have a great day!
Honestly save yourself the time and energy. Every community SAVA touches crumbles. They're purely profit driven, have no concern for paying their most vital and crucial employees fair wages, they do not care about the residents, and there is more internal politics than our own state government. Its horrid and soul crushing. If you're okay with watching vulnerable populations beg to have their needs met only to be ignored by the entire system, then go ahead and work here.
They don’t give you everything to succeed at what need s to be done they offer big Bonuses then take them away the next minute they short you on your bonuses they expect you to work all the time and not get a day off they don’t not CARE about anyone EXCEPT THEIR SELVES it’s always the same ppl being mandating their wearing the ones that do work a lot &wearing them out every night
There’s never enough health management doesn’t want to help you’re constantly understaffed you never get to take a breakMandating happens
Jewel Is great 4nurses, very supportive &helpful fellow nurses on beautiful 4th floor. Management is excellent w/training. Fellow staff was friendly, helpful &kind. Scheduler easy 2reach/flexible w/needs. Caring staff in all depts. made my job easier. I moved, otherwise I would still be working @ Jewel.
April 14, 2020
Thank you for your review and for all you did to help our team! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. For more information on career and service opportunities please visit our website at savaseniorcare.com. Hope you have a wonderful day!
The facility had their best financial month in the history of the building my third month as Administrator . Had one deficiency between two annual State surveys. I earned 33K in performance bonuses, but the Regional that had bounced from Regional to Region came back to Eastern NC and made my like difficult The building not had a permanent LNA for all but 2 months in the last 8 month. My replacement left after two months
April 14, 2020
Your Impression and feedback are of the utmost importance to us. We'd like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please reach out to us at 866-885-5992 at your earliest convenience.
The administrator when I was there was not professional. No management skills. Things were really bad, but maybe with the new Administrator, things might get better.
April 14, 2020
We appreciate your service at and are always looking for ways to improve. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at 866-885-5992 so we can assist you further.
When corporate was in the building, they, without fail, were rude to all non-managment staff. When state was coming, all of the sudden management would come to life and go to the floor to start barking orders.
Cons
Worst place ive worked in 6 years
April 14, 2020
We appreciate your service at SavaSeniorCare. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at 866-885-5992 so we can assist you further.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.4
2.3
2.4
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sava Senior Care.