Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

We're still friends
MDS Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJuly 11, 2018
I am still in contact with my direct supervisor. We have a mutual respect that goes beyond the workplace. She recognized my talents, and was happy to see me advance my careet.
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 8, 2018
They care more about fulling beds then care .The staff are not helpful to new employees ,always short on staff you will have to help out then you get behind on your work . The staff and administration are always at odds. This was the most unorganized unprofessional place I have ever work .
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Unprofessional no structure no organization
not a place I'd work again
nurse (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTJuly 7, 2018
A typical day at work did not balance patient needs with expected work to be done. There was little administrative support for disciplinary requests, I learned much about how to manage stree related to work. The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of patients versus time and staff allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Pros
many available work hours
Friendly and organized place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 6, 2018
The hardest part about working at Sava is having to check in the patients on the computer and to keep up with giving them there medication that they need to take.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Short breaks
rewarding job
ADON, UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 29, 2018
So inspiring to know you make a difference in the lives of the elderly. being their friend when they have no family of their own is rewarding. love the support form upper corporate staff
Pros
changing lives
Cons
stress
Dont waste your time pls
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 28, 2018
This place is a joke. They tell u every lie to make u think they care abt u. Soon as u hit the floor u r nothing. They treat u like ur nothing. I came n one day and I was the only CNA on the floor n they didn't try to get anyone to come in.let's just say I left and haven't thought abt tht place since. DONT WASTE UR TIME HERE. Find some other place where u will be appreciated and wanted. Management is horrible to say the least. They offer sign on bonus then tell u later u don't qualify for it. Ppl already there have 'cliques' and if u don't fit in then they treat u like nothing. Pls find another place to wrk. Not worth the headache going here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great team atmosphere!
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Yuma, COJune 26, 2018
Culture has changed and has improved dramatically! More team focused than years past! Residents feel the happy vibe in the building and the building has brightened up with new colors reflected throughout!
Pros
Nurses self schedule
Cons
Older building
Absolutely awful, do not care about their employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 23, 2018
If you enjoy a job where you will work till you drop due to short staffing, then this is the job for you. They don't hire new staff, and if they do they will cut your hours and throw you under the bus. DO NOT waste your time.
Pros
the residents
Cons
not getting to take breaks, short staffed all the time, Poor management
Arlington Heights in Fort Worth Sucks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
They don’t care anything about staff or patients. Iss all about the money and them trying to look good . Management always act like they don’t know about a lot of things going on unless iss time to put the blame on the workers. They WILL THROW the workers under the bus to save themselves.
Pros
Great Co-Wokers
Cons
Management Could Care Less About Workers
The Worst company hands down Ive ever worked for!!
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 3, 2018
High Stressed, under paid, understaffed, lazy and clueless management! This job was a complete waste of my life. Management turnover is about every couple years, so the rules and policies are consistently changing . No job advanced at all. Tried to get them to pay for my schooling for years and got nothing but the run around. Asked if I went to school could I train for a position they have and was told they would not train me. They write you up and fired the good ones for absolutely no good reasons but will keep the ones who call out and don't care about the work there. This place with literally suck you in, suck the life out of you and spit you out with nothing! They don't care about you, the residents , the families, nothing!!
Pros
unlimted overtime because they always have no staff
Cons
everything about that place is a con

Want to know more about Sava Senior Care?

Ask a question
Great job and place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 3, 2018
Great team work , nurses were very helpful,all around good place to work,hours were good ,great pay clients were great to work with, traveling didn't bother me unless it was out of the 30 mile range
Pros
Benefits, team work, great clients
Cons
Sometime work was further than I would prefer
I have enjoyed my time with this company.
District Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 2, 2018
I have been given many opportunities to learn new skills and to be promoted in the company The company focuses on good outcomes for residents and attempts to hire the right people for the right job.
Pros
Very good procedures and processes.
Cons
Requires a lot of hours to complete job
work
GNA (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 2, 2018
The job itself is a good place to work. I leaned a lot there and management was awesome. The coworkers were excellent and good team players. I really enjoyed working there.
Very poor and desperate company to work for
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 2, 2018
Rude management, always losing staff, patients to aid ratio is ridiculous, no team work, no decent pay, you don’t get any appreciation or respect from staff or residents.
Pros
They have union
Cons
Everything about the company
Productive and fun
Resident Care Specialist CNA (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 31, 2018
Overall great place to work! This company has come a long way and I’m excited to be apart of the change. Good benefits and great pay, nice environment and flexibility.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Automatic lunch deduction
Should be Slavery Senior Care
Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCMay 24, 2018
Working at Sava for almost 8 years i learned that no matter how good of an employee you are some places just arent gonna treat or pay you fairly. Sava created the opportunity for the experiences that help make me the aide i am today but i wouldnt recommend anyone work for them unless you enjoy working like a dog and getting paid like their feeding one
Cons
health care was 140 bi-weekly for just me
Your treated like Family
CNA (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 23, 2018
I have been a CNA at Brian Center Lincolnton for 5 years now. I have worked at other facilities and I like this one the best. Co-workers treat you like family and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!
Pros
Care Connection let's you earn points for rewards
Poor patient care. A very sad environment for both patients and employees. Never enough supplies to provide adequate pt care much less prevent infect
RN (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 20, 2018
Not a good place to work. Management doesn't care about employees nor patients. Schedules were completed on a weekly basis. You could never make plans. Constantly short staffed with nurses and aids.
Pros
8 hr shifts. If staff gets there in time
Cons
Lots of favoritism. Poor management. Lots of backstabbing
Awful
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 18, 2018
There are no words to say how stressful this position is. Management never fills holes if short nurses or aids-which is literally every shift. Residents and families are lied to about their care.
Cons
Terrible place to work ! Benfits are paid by you at a high price !
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTMay 16, 2018
Management is very poor ! Benefits are terrible! Short staffed all the time , staff that they do have are horrible and have horrible attitudes ! management doesn’t care about patients or staff !
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight