Sava Senior Care

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Manning the trenches

A typical day in the Service Desk here consisted of back to back phone calls from the moment you login to your phone til its time to leave. Since this this position specifically for myself was dual role, I provided on site support as well as maintaining some of the server infrastructure. This was much more enjoyable, as I enjoy interacting with individuals face to face and the clients seem to respond much better to a face rather than a voice. There were two types of co-workers in this environment: those that showed up to excel and move on, and those that came to collect a pay check. Manangement initially was difficult to work with because they were hired after the fact and didn't have much experience with the systems we had in place. After much training things settled after time and there was a healthy cohesion between the engineers and management.

Cons

Training Time

Love the therapy team!

The therapy team is awesome here providing compassionate, motivated and goal driven to reach your personal goals of home, strength, bal, etc. Love the therapy here

Pros

Beautiful facility

Cons

Nursing Management

It’s all about the dollar

The same as working in most nursing homes, unfortunately. Never enough staff so the CNA’s couldn’t keep the incontinent residents dry, everyone was depressed, nobody knew what was going on.

Pros

Okay food

Cons

Burnout

Supportive Leadership Team

Sandy Springs has a supportive leadership team where you feel that you are apart of the Sava family. I enjoy working with the team and helping the center find nurses that truly care about their residents.

Not trustworthy

Healthcare typically means job security. Pros kind of end there. A corporate culture that is the opposite of transparent. Blackballing of managers happened routinely for personal preferences; similarly, the wry legitimate grievances of staff against other managers were willfully ignored to promote “favorites”. Just toxic

Pros

A job

August 24, 2021
We appreciate your service at SavaSeniorCare and are always looking for ways to improve. We are sorry your experience with us did not reflect our mission. We strive to enhance and inspire the lives of all we serve: our team members, our patients, our residents and our families. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at 866-885-5992.

Horrible just horrible

I worked at two nursing homes during summer of 2019. Both as an activity assistant. I worked at two nursing homes in two different towns. Just horrible, horrible staff, horrible management. If you want a job that causes extreme stress then this is for you. Absolutely do NOT recommend to anyone. Both activity directors didn’t teach me how to do the activities, I had to have the RESIDENTs explain to me. And the first nursing home I was at didn’t even teach me how to do proper paperwork, I taught myself. Also both activity directors did stuff that was very wrong, such as leaving early, taking long breaks, and using the company card to pay for their own personal groceries. The only good thing was making the residents smile.

Cons

Lack of training

August 24, 2021
Activities Assistant(former Employee), thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please reach out to us at 866-885-5992 when you can so we can address this situation directly. Thank you.

Family Atmosphere

Sava Senior Care has excellent senior management that will step in and help when needed. I enjoy working for Sava Senior Care and hopefully will continue to do so. The pay, in my opinion, is lower than other companies in my area. Amazing benefits with payment broken down through bi-weekly paychecks.

Benefits

Cons

Pay

Horrible company

I worked at south haven. It was not a good environment and extremely toxic. Management was horrible. I don’t have not one positive thing to say about the company.

July 12, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please reach out to us at 833-HR4-HCSG when you can so we can address this situation directly.

Greedy to the last penny

This company cares about only one thing—the bottom dollar. Don’t expect to be told you are doing anything right or that you are at all appreciated, because you’re not. Never give you the equipment you need for resident safety because it costs too much, tells you to “make it work” with whatever broken stuff you can find lying around. Therapists are treated like the wicked step-children even when they go as far as to buy DME for residents out of their own pockets. Management sets expectations that are not humanly possible to achieve. Teamwork does not exist. Probably a great place to work if you’re lazy and don’t mind fraudulently billing though…

Pros

Cons

Lazy staff, terrible upper management

July 12, 2021
Your Impression and feedback are of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your comments. We remain committed to you. Please contact us at 866-885-5992 to discuss your concerns further and so we can address this situation directly.

Mismanaged

This company is really mismanaged. Too many mid manager level folks Too many usless conference calls. Etc. Just hire goof.people let them do their jobs.

June 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are constantly working to improve. If you would like to discuss this concern further, please contact us at 866-885-5992.

Jobs at Sava Senior Care

See more jobs

Stay away from this company

The way Rehab is treated at this facility is unacceptable. Complete disrespect for our team from nursing management and admin. They recently fired the DOR for nothing and let go of 2 fulltime therapist. We never get a raise and corporate only cares about cost per a min and productivity. Nothing appears patient centered with Sava. The health benefits are the worst I have seen in this industry. We pay high rates for something called BAS which nobody will take. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Lakemead.

Pros

Cant think of any

Poor management

Do not work here especially of you have a desire to actually take care of your patients. Verbal abuse to the patients echo throughout the facility . This facility cares only about the dollar and not the patients.

Pros

This building has alot of turnover .

Cons

Demonstrative management.

June 1, 2021
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback helps us correct concerns and provide quality services. We would like to escalate your concerns. Please call 866-885-5992 at your earliest convenience. Thank you

The new leadership has definitely made a positive change

New leadership within the facility has breathed a new life into the team. I enjoy having a team I can count on and feel the inclusion every time I am there.

July 13, 2021
We are delighted to hear you enjoy working for SavaSeniorCare! We appreciate you being a part of the team! Thank you again for your feedback! Have a great day!

Teamwork and all the employees are like a big family.

I love working there. I live 97 miles away (roughly about 1 1/2 hours one way) and I still drive that far just to work there. The staff is very friendly almost like a big family. There’s a lot of teamwork in this facility. It’s a great overall place to work.

Pros

Lots of fun celebrations on different holidays, buys food for staff

Cons

The breaks are only 30 minutes

July 13, 2021
Thank you for your review and for being a part of our family! To say we value you would be an understatement, thank you for all you do!

Co workers are amazing

I have worked for numerous companies and atleast 30 facilities in four states. This is the type of facility you go to if you want your skills to die a slow death!

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Management and horrible benefits

Stuck around for the salary

Sava paid above industry standards and work life balance was great. Other than that sava is known as the company with “old buildings” and it’s true. High level execs wouldnt put a dime into improving their buildings. Competitors in my area were building new facilities or remodeling existing ones. Meanwhile sava expectations were to beat the competition even though the resources (old buildings) wasn’t there. Then you were questioned why admissions were so low. I went through 3 sales managers during my two years there. The last one told me I was her favorite and months later fired me because I had a bad “attitude”.

Pros

High salary

Cons

Not room to advance. Old buildings and bad reputation

No respect for those who give 110% to the job.

Under staffed, over worked, mandated night after night to work over due to poor staffing . No respect for a job well done.. Never any praise for the CNA’s who broke their backs making the facility look good.

Pros

The people you work shoulder to shoulder with keep this company foong

Cons

Higher management more concerned with their bottom line. Never giving praise

horrible place to work and put patients

They were not nice to the patients. They were more concerned with money than care. Rude to employees also. I would never work there again or put anyone there for care.

March 31, 2021

Terrible company to work for; benefit are horrible; asking for time off- you have to find your own coverage; paid holidays are minimal; high productivity expectations.

March 30, 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We remain committed to you. Please contact us at 866-885-5992 to discuss your concerns further.

Excellent work environment

It is a good company with lots of education and tools to help facilities improve quality of care. Plus you had management support when needed..The structure of the systems was very easy to implement.

Pros

Great benefits, Pto, Great team support

March 29, 2021
Thank you for your recommendation, your feedback means a lot to us. We hope to see you again soon, have a fantastic day!

Field Support

This is an excellent company for growth, support, updates with regulations. Multiple Covid vaccine clinics were provided for all Staff and Residents. Support and Education if always available to ALL staff.

Pros

Excellent Field support, I have worked for this company for over 20 years and could not leave my work family

March 29, 2021
We are delighted to hear you enjoy working for SavaSeniorCare! We appreciate you being a part of the team! Thank you again for the great review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight