Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Horrible place to put a family memeber.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
This place is not a place I would recommend at all. The nurses are rude. The management is very unprofessional and disrespectful. The administration are very timid. They allow the residents to be dirty. This company had broken so many violations while I worked there, I had to voluntarily quit. That's not the type of company i want to be apart of.
Pros
Residents were nice
Cons
Unprofessional company.
Company that benefits the community
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2018
Traveled daility to varioius facilities to assist business office managers.

Learned how to manage time and different personalities.

Upper management was very helpful.

Workplace was very pleasant environment to work in.

Hardest part of job was being on the road daily.

Most enjoyable part of the job was be recognized for successes.
Pros
Quarterly meetings off site.
Cons
Being on the road daily.
The place has potential if CARING will be the goal.
Careplan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 14, 2018
Record breaking Example of Shortness of staff as if it is the norm, Power hungry Executives prefer Cash versus care and of course they are Tyrannical!
Do not work for Sava
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 14, 2018
They interviewed me and talked all about teamwork and that they are different. They do not promote teamwork or leaders. They just want chaos and drama. Nothing ever changes, your pay is never right, they lie, cheat. Labor board should be called. Management never talks about the residents.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Worst than the jungle.
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX Woodwind LakesOctober 11, 2018
I worked 2 medication carts, while nurse only worked 1. Paid only $13.25. Computers were despicable and torn up. Do PCC on jacked up computers. Residents not cared for. Feces on residents fingers, and Nurse Aide still give them breakfast tray. Residents have four urinals on the side of their bed full of urine. Medication not ordered for residents. Residents with Retroactive virus medications are not ordered. Dietary leaves pan full of dirty dishes out til in the morning. Flies in the building. Had to go to Corporate several times concerning my paychecks.
Do not work there!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COOctober 10, 2018
I worked at Save more than 10 years. It was great at first, however, corporate came in and changed things around. They literally and outright tried to intimidate staff. Not friendly at all and showed NO respect to any staff members. Eventually, now the times are changing to people to wanting to stay at home and census got low, it didn't matter who you were as a manager and how long you had been in the company, they would let you go in a blink of an eye. Then, of course the residents suffer and they didn't seem to care about that either.
Cons
Look elsewhere unless you're desperate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ILOctober 8, 2018
This place is horrible and that's putting it nicely.

The pay was ok but the benefits are expensive.

Management was probably the worse I ever seen but they don't stay very long. They have their favorites but they run off anybody that actually works or has common sense. They are either clueless or belittle other staff members behind their back. They also lie especially about pay, bonuses, basically anything. If they promise you bonuses, time off, etc or if you have to leave them a note then make copies. If you don't, they'll say they never got your note or they never promised you bonuses.

They take in any resident they can especially the combative ones or ones need an insane amount of care when they don't have the staff to properly care for one resident much less 50 residents.

Staffing is horrible. State has been called many, many times because of short staffing. They usually deny you time off, schedule you for extra shifts or make come in early or stay late because of staffing.

If it's not lack of staff, it's lack of supplies. If you run out then you bring your own or do with out.

Corporate doesn't care about about employees, just the bottom line. You call the complaince line or payroll and they rarely call back. If you see them in person, they will tell you they'll fix the problem or contact you. It's a joke. It'll take them at least a month to fix any payroll problems.
Pros
Pay was ok and some of residents and coworkers were nice
Cons
Management lies and is rude. No staff or supplies.
Doesn't stand out from the crowd
Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 5, 2018
I came to the "elder-care" field with eyes-wide-open. Luckily, the residents (the very reason I came to nursing home) were well worth the sacrifice of working for Sava Senior Care. The management and co-workers can be so cynical, but 1-1 patient-care is amazing. The assignments were always too heavy though (25-65 patients per nurse!!)
The work is satisfying, but is NOT for the faint-of-heart.
Pros
Overtime and bonuses
Cons
"Territorial" nature of geriatric nurses in general
Tense work environment.
Will not reveal (Current Employee) –  Will not revealOctober 3, 2018
SavaSeniorCare is a tough place to work. Staff across all levels are working with challenged resources. There are great systems there but not enough resources to execute them. The IT infrastructure is lackluster could be significantly improved. There are no annual merit increases which is a reason for significant dissatisfaction.
Very Productive
Area Mgr, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
The hardest part of working for Sava Senior Care would be the rate of pay. Your on the road most of your time and the amount of money that they pay is a bit under. Also most of my facilities cant keep good employment because of the rate of pay.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
rate of pay
A good place to start experience In Healthcare
Fulltime Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed work in the corporate office, I enjoyed my co-workers, my manager, and the location. I think it up my resume however the job security was the only down fall every quarter they might have lay offs, but I really had no complaints over all.
Pros
Great place to get health care experience
Cons
Job security not so good
Needs structure and respect level is at a very low
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 29, 2018
There needs to be Communication training because thats what they lack, the respect level sucks from management and they offer no incentives if you stay over or come in when they are short.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
Cons
Lacking Communication and respect
Complete Mess
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 28, 2018
Sava boasts about respect, honesty, and integrity. Sad truth is the company is anything but what they say. No team work, ALWAYS short staffed, serious behavior issues with residents that put workers in danger. The company does not care one bit about their employees, just fill those beds. We accept any and all residents despite their behavior issues that our staff should not be dealing with in a rehab setting. The lack of management is a huge problem..they don't want to deal with anything EVER. The conditions are deplorable. Seriously deplorable!!! I used to love going to work..now I think about calling off everyday. I feel bad for the residents that have to "live" there, that is part of the reason I stay. I've heard plenty of people say they hate working in this chaotic, unsafe, unsanitary, unorganized, psychiatric environment. Your certification/license is on the line working for Sava and they won't back you up if a resident brings false allegations against you because they want that bed filled to make their money. That's all they care about..their pockets. They cut every and any corner possible.
Pros
I like most of my co workers
Cons
No breaks, always short staffed, non sanitary environment, poor management, dangerous work place, they don't have your back
Stay away
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 27, 2018
Nepotism and back stabbing rampant. Severe abuse and neglect going on in the building and if reported retaliation. You are attacked by families, nurses, nurses aides, and management nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor pay, no raises, retaliation, nepotism
Stressful place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MISeptember 24, 2018
Crestmont has potential. Everything just seems out of order in terms of management. Working short all the time. I had about 35 patients before. Teamwork is great with CNAs on my shift. Not so much between other shifts. Co-workers appear to be very nice.
Pros
Pay, friendly coworkers, plenty over time
Cons
Working short staffed
absolutely not fun very clicky
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  montrose coloradoSeptember 18, 2018
in my career as a nurse for 25 years I have never worked for such a terrible company. No continuation of education and very manegement top heavy. Had to work as a CNA frequently because no CNA's want to work there. very degrading place to work. Was told to let residents hit me. "It doesn't hurt very much anyway. Please find another job. Benefits suck and no raises given
Pros
poor
Cons
no lunches, poor benefits, no communication, management very mean and bully
Beware of promises, lost there way in mission statement and commitment to all staff
Unannoymus (Current Employee) –  western united statesSeptember 11, 2018
Beware review there history of employee longevity, management expectations you required to do multipul jobs other then your own, layoff constantly major layoff run about every three years, promotions wage increases are not to be found, staff expected to keep taking on more tasks, overtime even when needed for good reason against there policy, staff often work overtime off the clock....
Pros
employees make this company
Cons
Corporate: You just a number on a balance sheet, your days are numbered.
Stressful but working with the elderly is rewarding.
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MdSeptember 9, 2018
The company is now offering incentives for staff to stay.
Paid time off is extremely limited so that is also a turn off when you're accustomed to 3-4 werks vacation a year. :((
Pros
Good pay, friendly people
Cons
No life-work balance and no sick days!! ..
No team work!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
Typically I am familiar with working somewhere where everyone works well together. Each department should be helpful and cooperative. Trying to converse with someone from a different department other than yours is cut throat , unless you’re a male speaking with a female. RCSs doesn’t work well with Nursing, Nursing doesn’t work well with Rehab, etc it’s a continuous circle that makes our job difficult. Poor communication throughout the whole facility. Staff in one department assuming they know everything in another department, with lacking education and professionalism . Common sense isn’t so common in this facility.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary, gossip
Not my favorite
Unit Manager (RN) (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, MDSeptember 4, 2018
It was ok. Corporate doesn’t believe in raises. Management needs to learn how to lead by example. It’s like a secret club and you have to be voted in. Too much like high school. No teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

42out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sava Senior Care.