Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Great Opportunity
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
I worked for Sava Senior Care for over a year, had a rough start at first with a manager. She was very belittling and mean. She was replaced with another manager who was great, learned a lot about managed care, in a skilled nursing setting and healthcare administration. Overall it was a good job.
Pros
Learned a great deal, pay, benefits
Cons
Management, favoritism, work stability
It is a great place to work and great place for promotion
Lead Customer Service Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsAugust 13, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Sava Senior carei would recommend them for a wonderful work environment and the caring staff. The facility I was in had a family concept
Great company
Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
Sava is an exceptional employer who truly cares about their employees.

Was able to work independently

Workplace culture was diverse

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the AR Team Members. We worked well together.
SAVA Senior Care
HR & TALENT ACQUISITION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2018
Great company to work for...Unfortunately with the industry unstable, it had to restructured and many jobs were eliminated. Management was awesome and very supportive.
Excellent
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXAugust 8, 2018
Excellent place to work. Management is sensitive to employee needs and is flexible with work schedules. Responsible and caring management. Overall rating of excellent
Management uncaring!
Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 4, 2018
I would not advise a dog to work for this company! Please avoid this company! Human resource department is untrustworthy! Also HR has a nasty attitude!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management and Human Resources doesn't care about staff, untrustworthy!
Wonderful place to surrender your nursing license!. A few already have!.
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasAugust 3, 2018
The nursing administration is chaotic and unsupportive. The location of the facility in a high crime area. I do not recommend working at this particular location!.
Pros
The patients are great!!.
Cons
Poor job security!.
My first real gna job
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
Here is where i got all my experience. Here where i learned all the tricks to the trade on how to monopolize your time and still follow procedure. Great place to work
Great company to work for!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Very collaborative environment. Offer may resources to help you succeed while you are there! The leaders are well known in the industry and are top notch!
Resident centered facility. Management supports the floor staff and are involved in the residents overall care. This facility has come a long way!
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 30, 2018
I could not imagine a better workplace. LTC is not an easy job, however if you have a love for it this is the place to be! I know I am supported by a great team. The staff here are dedicated to the residents and each other. They have a great workplace culture that feels like family. The residents make my day and I look forward to caring for them on a daily. Staff ratios are outstanding. There is no odor and we have a very clean facility. Don't believe everything you hear...Come check it out for yourself!
Pros
Free lunch. Great work environment. Supportive mgmt.
Cons
If LTC is not for you this will not be the job for you
Not a good place to work!
RN (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIJuly 28, 2018
HORRIBLE management, nowhere near enough staff, dangerous situation to be in as a health care professional. Not worth risking your license you worked hard for.
Pros
Cons
Management, no staff
Excellent place to work!!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 27, 2018
The management team definitely cares about the entire team and help when needed and necessary. The workload is doable in the average workday. Teamwork and hard working staff make the place an AWESOME place to work! It’s the best move I’ve made by transferring jobs! I genuinely enjoy working in my facility. I recommend this facility to all nursing team players!
Pros
Free meals and incentives
No respect!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  WYJuly 26, 2018
Went in with high expectations, but left feeling used, and abused. Preach respect and compassion but doesn't deliver either. No taining, gossip, back stabbing... corporate office have bad attitude and thier idea of help is to demean and humiliate poorly trained staff.
Pros
Cons
Filthy, poor patient care, blame game
Happy to work here
RN (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 25, 2018
I started working at BC in Lincolnton in November 2017 as an RN. I noticed how each of the employees look out for one another. There is great Team Work at this company! Management address issues quickly to ensure a good work experience.
Forced
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston.texas. gessner .townparkJuly 22, 2018
I worked my but off full-time. At the end of the day. I'was never able to take off to do anything nor take care of my health. However other "people/'race" was able to go to country months. Sum ii up I was terminated because I became sick nearly died. Of course management assume it was a lie. And denied my unemployment. .but end of the day God has me..thumbs down westchase Houston.
Pros
The residents.and few co-wrkers because u develop a relationship wit them
Cons
Pay sucks as well as management
management is horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palisade, COJuly 19, 2018
The Management is horrible. I had to take FMLA because of a personal illness. I had 2 Doctor releases sayibg I could return to work bur I was told they had put me down as voluntairily resigning . I never resined.
Pros
coworkers, good pay
Horrible place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2018
If you value your license do not work here! The pay is extremely low for registered nurses. Management is disorganized, run by LPNs and they will make things up if they don't like you to try to ruin your reputation and your license. Patient care is deplorable and the state is constantly in the facility because they are at a high risk for being shut down as they should be. There is no air conditioning in the hallways for staff so you sweat like a pig during the summer. Management will yell at you like a child and if you stand up for yourself be prepared to lose your job or far worse. They have a huge focus on the paperwork aspect for Medicare and they do not care who does it as long as it is completed which means that by law you are breaking it and if you choose not to they will write you up.
Pros
Cons
Lose your license, unhealthy work environment
We're still friends
MDS Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJuly 11, 2018
I am still in contact with my direct supervisor. We have a mutual respect that goes beyond the workplace. She recognized my talents, and was happy to see me advance my careet.
Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 8, 2018
They care more about fulling beds then care .The staff are not helpful to new employees ,always short on staff you will have to help out then you get behind on your work . The staff and administration are always at odds. This was the most unorganized unprofessional place I have ever work .
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Unprofessional no structure no organization
not a place I'd work again
nurse (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTJuly 7, 2018
A typical day at work did not balance patient needs with expected work to be done. There was little administrative support for disciplinary requests, I learned much about how to manage stree related to work. The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of patients versus time and staff allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Pros
many available work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

42out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sava Senior Care.

Powered by Comparably