Saval Foodservice

Working at Saval Foodservice: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

Decent pay demanding labor

Pay and hours are fairly decent. A lot of responsibility falls on the driver as well as a lot of labor. Definitely more suited for the younger demographic.

Breath of fresh air

- Relaxed environment, encouraging good work/home life balance. - Management treats and respects employees. - Workplace culture is exceptional - feels like breath of fresh air!

Saval Foodservice insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Conscious Leadership

Management is transparent, caring and always willing to help. If you are looking for a home where you can make the best of your skills and surround yourself with people who are smart, humble, and hard working - you are at the right place.

Great place to work, understanding and supportive management

I have been with Saval Foodservice for over a decade, and while I've had opportunities to leave through the years, I have always stayed due to the understanding and support of my managers due to whatever family emergencies might arise, whether that be taking off early, working from home, or even needing to take personal time. I've been treated like an adult with a family rather than an expendable employee, and that speaks volumes. Likewise, I've had to make myself available during work emergencies, sometimes working weekends or late hours, and I've been thanked by my managers and the owners for the effort I put in. I've had multiple opportunities to travel for training, and even gotten to take my family with me on these trips.

Pros

Reasonably affordable benefits, Free employee meals, Employee discounts on purchases (even bought myself a freezer to take the most advantage of this)

Team oriented, positive culture

I was drawn to the company because it is team oriented and is a very positive environment where people pitch in to help one another. It is a culture based on respect and communication. Managers and leadership are accessible and understand that to be a successful company the organization must function as a team, with each person doing their job. This allows us to successfully serve our customers.

The management only cares about the Salesman and higher paid workers. The raises are pathetic and never equivalent to cost of life increases

Terrible job cultureToo much work with too few people to complete it.Compensation is not comparable to other companies at all. The company truly only cares about the sales force The office staff gets overlooked for compensation.

Pros

Sometimes free lunch, adequate health benefits

Cons

Poor management

Exceptional Office Culture

Saval Foodservice executive management really care about their employees. Foodservice can be a tough place, however this is the least toxic place I have ever worked. Everyone is professional, understanding, and it's clear people enjoy working here given how many 15-20 year veteran employees there are. This is a place to build a career, and they recognize talent and hard work to promote from within.

Pros

Great Benefits, Empathetic & Supportive Management, Professional Environment

It’s a very physical job

If I was paid fairly and treated fairly I’d still be here. It’s a job. It’s very physical and tedious. And if you do not know where you are going and don’t know the route, then the job will be harder

Family owned

A family owned business that was lacking in most competitive aspects. Handled themselves and customers like they were a major contender in the market yet does not do half of the things the larger competition does.

It's like a family business

Saval food service is a good job to have and great benefits as well as a family type business and if i wasn't going through the Death of my son then i would still be there..

Pros

That they match your 401K plan.

Cons

That they let you get all the hours you want.

Great Work Incentives For Drivers

A typical day starts between 4-6 for drivers. It’s definitely a fast-pace environment. The earlier you finish your route the earlier you go home. Also There’s great incentives to compliment your hard work and time. Overall great company, their also family owned and operated. Everyone is polite from CEO to workers.

Family business

I was provided training and a few accounts to start , this was a great company to work for but I had to resign due to family issues and there was no paternity leave ( which we as a family needed) I enjoyed my time working at saval and would recommend to anyone looking for a good food distribution position.

Pros

Family run independent

Cons

Lots of travel in personal car, debt collection

Depends on route and compensation.

They pay by the piece. Lose your pace and day is done. Some routes depending on where you are will suck time out and you will be there all day. Help is not available to assist you in a jam and routes are done so inconsistently.

Pros

Money is there to make

Cons

No time or energy for yourself or family

It was ok.

Saval Foodservice started out great but the ending wasn't a great one. They should care about the employees more after injuries, especially when it's on the job and not your fault.

Pros

You can make good money.

Cons

HR don't have your back if you get sick.

Owner cared about employees

The owner cared deeply about his employees, which showed. People were looking out for each other and very helpful. The inside sales team was awesome. Good benefits.

Run Run!

Terrible experience very intimidating cut throat culture. No advancement pay scale is not good. Culture is always low there's a book everyone must read and adhere to but management will not practice what it recommends. It is a good read if only management actually followed the same mission.

Pros

discounts

Cons

managment, back stabbing, favoritism already set in stone you dont have a chance.

Official response from Saval Foodservice

October 12, 2021
Obviously disgruntled ex-employee who did not meet performance expectations.

great place to work

this job offered me my first dive into Human resources. I liked the people I work with and it was family owned so the support among team members was great.

Ok place to work

Offers competitive wages hours are ok. Co workers were great to work with. Upper management is very unaware of department problems.

Pros

good hours, good pay

Cons

upper management

Review

I enjoy working with this company do to interacting and assisting in all activities such as, food shows, health fairs, blood drives. We provide free quarterly lunches for all employees.I appreciate the open door policy with my boss and the CEO.

Pros

free lunches, discounted food, able to purchase food product at a discount, work flexibility

Cons

no upward mobility

independent company with quality products and great service

territory sales manager for a broadliner foodservice companyIndependent position, goal oriented with quality lines to representManagement is approachable and support the sales staff for the most partHardest part of the job - collecting payments, credit issues with clients and pricing games from competitionMost enjoyable - working woth clients to grow their business

Pros

flexible schedule, working in foodservice

Cons

credit issues, warehouse and driver mistakes, management out of touch with issues in the field

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saval Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits