Savannah State University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workspace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Office of Graduate StudiesJuly 4, 2018
Productive and fun workspace. I enjoyed my supervisor and her tenacity for others. Savannah State has taught me so much and has prepped me for success.
just a regular hbcu
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 28, 2018
I was a college student that needed a job so I took the opportunity to just become a schoolar as well as a intern to get ahead of my peer sto become business minded
I loved this job! I wish i could have stayed
Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 16, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work with wonderful staff. They are understanding about life issue, they foster an environment that is great for learning and growing, they train and develop their employees... I could go on for days about how and why this is a great university to work for
Okay, Limiting Experience
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 9, 2018
You'll learn how to communicate working at Savannah State, but the culture becomes a toxic hive mind. Working with the students can be a joy but the staff is a different story.
I worked as a work-study student my entire time there as a student.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 23, 2018
It was a great place to work. As a work-study student my hours were accommodating to my class schedule. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.
Pros
Work under financial aide
Cons
No guarantee for regular employment.
Student Friendly
Graduate Assistant, Political Sci Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be to handle the questions of students and redirecting them to the appropriate classrooms and offices. Also, conduct research for professors.
Great Place to work
faculty and visitors (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 2, 2018
Great place to work, is going. The people are what makes the job worth coming to work. Also that you can learn a lot. The only thing is it`s kind of hard to move up because people stay in their position forever.
N/a
Project and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wiley WilcoxApril 22, 2018
If you are a progressive thinker and not complacent, this institution is not for you!!! The culture at this institution is terrible along with the student body. The student body lack the respect for themselves, the faculty and staff and the school as a whole.
great place
Intramural Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 22, 2018
nice place for school and work
great people
nice town
great food
stress free environment
school is growing
nice staff
nice location
subjects are great
Great place to learn and work
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 13, 2018
I was a student researcher in my major of civil engineer technology. My instructor was very professional and informative. I was able to lead the project with his guidance. I was taught how to manage project and lead my team in this field. My instructor was available when needed.
Pros
Work hours flexible
Cons
Pay should be higher
na
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Working in an office at Savannah State gave multiple opportunities to network with many different people around campus . Savannah State was flexible when it came to classes and scheduling .
Poor management and lack of communication
Student Support (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Due to the lack of communication, organization and poor management in most areas of the university, the daily work and the services provided to our students gets affected.
very nice atmosphere, nice helping the students acquire work while in school.
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31404February 1, 2018
I absolutely enjoyed the atmosphere at Savannah State. The learning path of the students were amazing and very encouraging. The staff was pleasant , and room for advancement.
Pros
The entire experience was amazing.
Cons
I have no regrets.
As a Student
Sports Medicine Intern (Football) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2018
As a student, I thoroughly enjoy my learning institution!! We have a great Business Management program as well as Marine Science program. Highly, recommend my school to everyone
Savannah State was a great Place to Work
Director of Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 23, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Savannah State the working culture was very good. The location and the pay was very good. I really think that Savannah State leadership has improved over the past several years.
Pros
Pay and location
Cons
Laid back atmosphere, great benefits
Director of Budget, Planning (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Work environment is usually laid-back and low stress, as long as you get your work done. Most supervisors don't micromanage. The benefits package is excellent.
Pros
Paid-Time Off, Health Benefits
Cons
Pay is generally higher at privately owned companies
ability to grow and develop skills
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 9, 2018
SSU is a great place to work. Collaboration and team building are key. Had Savannah State been in Atlanta, where I live, I would not have retired. I love my job, the students, the flexibility and the recognition from colleagues and administrators of a job well done. I was recognized for my merit of work and my integrity.
a supportive staff and great students
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 8, 2018
Although there were sometimes administrative issues, this is a great place to work. Most staff members and faculty are friendly and helpful, and most of the students are awesome and appreciative.
Pros
holidays off, flexible work schedule
Cons
sharing an office as a part-time instructor and taking a lot of work home
school
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2018
it was a school. I got my degree from there. I just did the my research there. professors help you. my research was just done here nothing more. was not paying
Productive place to work
Events Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 30, 2017
Very tedious place to work in a small environment. Follow very strict guidelines and rules to ensure the nature of the company. Also, provides students with the responsibilities of student life.