Savannah Technical College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I enjoyed working with the students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 14, 2018
The administration is cut-throat and working to take the college in a new direction. However, it may be a good thing or a mistake. Whichever, I wish the college its best and hopefully the employees will not suffer from this new unknown paradigm shift. I loved my job working with the students and other colleagues in my department.
Excellent Benefits
Admin Asst to the VP of Admin Services (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 29, 2018
Working for a state entity like Savannah Technical College will give you excellent benefits.
In the business office where I work, we hit the ground running. We are the lifeline to keeping the lights on to making sure students are taken care of with their accounts and financial aid has been applied.
Pros
Benefits, hours, discounts, job security
Cons
Budget Constraints
A fun job
Executive Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 9, 2018
I planned and scheduled meetings. I typed and filed papers. Used office equipment. i was a student there and I graduated and started working there. I met different people.
Good place to work, very low pay.
Maintenance Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work, good benefits are offered. Pay raises never happen and the pay is very low. No room for advancement either, which is bad in Operations since they lack leadership and the current leadership is very inept.
great
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 2, 2018
Great. Really Great. Awesome place to work! Love working here! Wonderful environment. Great professional staff. Students great as well. Would recommend.
Fast-Paced/Slow-Paced
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 27, 2018
Being in a college environment, there is constant ebb and flow as the heaviest workloads come leading up to each semester then become steady during the semester. At the end of semesters, workload is light for the most part, allowing for taking time off, catching up on filing, and seeing to the things that "could wait".

Good work-life balance.
Pros
Work-life balance, Benefits
Cons
Not the best communication when changes occur
Nice place to work.
Bookstore/Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 23, 2018
Nice place to work. Good hours and friendly people. It was fun to interact with students and assist them in finding the books that they needed for their classes.
Great place to work, and learn from great faculty members.
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 9, 2018
Savannah Technical College, has given an opportunity to tech
adults that are looking to improve there job growth.
I have learned many new technical advantages that will help my
students along with myself. The hardest part of my job was learning
all the requirements that's goes along with the job duties. Most
enjoyable seeing one of my students receiving the Eagle Award,
from Savannah Technical College. My student, also finish second
in the state of Georgia, for all Technical Colleges. Which please to
say. This is the first time in the history of Savannah Technical College, that a student achieved this achievement..
Pros
Hard work making sure that my students reach their goals.
Cons
Good relationships with our faculty members.
Great workplace
Veteran Affairs Work Study (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAFebruary 18, 2018
The people at Savannah Tech are a warm caring bunch, they are very helpful and work collaboratively to get the job done. I would recommend Savannah Tech to anyone looking to apply.
Normal
Coordinator of Assessment (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day was normal.
I learned a great deal at STC.
Management was normal.
Workplace culture was normal.
I enjoyed working with students and staff.
Great Work Environment
Anatomy and Physiology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 18, 2018
Management is very helpful and friendly. Gained some teaching experience, nursing program is competitive. Campus is reasonable size. Strict policies enforced.
Pros
free parking
Cons
students may be disrespectful at times.
great summer job
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 8, 2018
I helped students who were taking a remedial grammar course online. It could be a little slow sometimes if they did not need my help. I also taught a freshman composition course. Most of the people there were kind and helpful
oustanding
Student (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Savannah Technical College offers the Construction Management Degree which ranks to 10 in the State of Georgia.students have the opportunities to explore the construction industry from residential to commercial.
Lazy
Banner Data Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I was never impressed about the one stop concept for student services. The management in each functional area never made an attempt to assist their staff and appeared to be inconvenienced when assisting a student.
Taught Remedial Reading to students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 28, 2017
I taught classes that ranged from 5 to 40 students in the evening. I had a lesson plan and other teachers were happy to help me. The hardest part of the job was when I had forty students and had to take time off from my full-time job to stay home and grade papers. I learned how to put students in groups to work on papers together so I wouldn't have to grade forty papers. The most enjoyable part of the job was there was an automotive class and I was able to get my car repaired for the cost of parts.
nice environment to work
Lab teacher (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 26, 2017
I enjoy working at Savannah tech, it is very laid back; nice environment to work. A typical day at this school is normal work flow, everyone is aware of their duties. I've learned a lot working at Savannah technical college, It was a surprise for me to work closely with my long time teacher that actually taught me years ago. Besides, the students love me!
When it comes to working at Savannah Technical its not a hard job honestly, if you enjoy helping and working with people and students you will be just fine. My most enjoyable moments at Savannah Technical College is seeing the smiles on students faces, passing other employees in the hallway, along with going out my way to extend a helping hand to students who may need extra help in courses.
Pros
helping others, knowing you are making a difference
Cons
hours and benefits
Overall Expereince
Property Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2017
The job culture wasn't all that great. Everything wasn't organized and the rules only applies to certain people. Favoritism was a big issue as well. Another big problem was that you couldn't trust HR because everything said in confidentiality was being discussed with the VP.
Pros
My supervisor
Cons
Everything else
Very Restricted
Administrative Assistant, Health Department (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2017
In this workplace it is very secure. You may think that it would be a fun place to work but you are dealing with students records along with the teachers.
Good
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 22, 2017
Good place to be working at. I really enjoy the atmosphere and people. Savannah Tech is really family orient. I enjoy the work study program at this school.
I was a Student worker so I can only tell you how the job is when your doing that.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 28, 2017
Now being a Student worker you get paid once a month. However, it helped alot with the bills. So once your run out of Financial Aid your pretty much fired.