SavATree Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 2, 2018
Savatree is a decent place to work. It’s easy to get along with the other employees there. The arborist are at times difficult to deal with. And savatree rarely promotes within. They would rather bring in someone in from the outside. Also the vacation policy is not good at all. You have to earn vacation time and you are only allowed to use it at certain times in the year and not allowed to receive it in a check the same week you work. For a seasonal employee like myself I don’t need vacation as I have 3-4 months off in the winter. I need the vacation time I’ve earned in a check.
Pros
Work outside and alone.
Cons
can’t use vacation time when you want.
Be your own boss outdoors!
PHC/Lawn Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 19, 2018
work out side without having to be bothered by anyone. Drive a company vehicle from location to location performing services. Get to work on beautiful properties from some rich customer. Could see doing this for a while
Pros
Work alone. Brand new truck, reliable pay check
Cons
Very hot in summer, cold in winter
Fast Paced rewarding environment.
Arborist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2018
This company is fast paced,challenging, and full of hard working creative individuals who on a daily basis find solutions to unique problems. This Company is highly collaborative as there are many branches with very different working styles and objectives that need to be met on a daily basis. Each team works in tandem to make sure that all customers questions are met, and that all services are performed on schedule. There are challenges in that our head office, and accounting department are located in Bedford Hills NY, However the management, HR, and supervising teams are all equipped to assist all the staff in the office(s) should any problems arrive that require the attention of our head office. If you are a critical thinking individual who is also good at being able to solve problems within the guide lines provided by a company than you will find this a rewarding place to work.
Pros
The People.
Cons
Can be overwheling at times.
Arborist Assistant
Arborist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 6, 2018
Great management, great pay, as an Arborist Assistant at savatree, my day to day job is fast paced, collaborative and engaging. I work in the largest branch in Colorado, Denver, giving me the opportunity to continue to learn new things about the industry and my job on a daily basis. Working with a large team provides me with the opportunity to work with an array of interesting people. I enjoy all the people I work with, as each person (including myself) plays and integral role in making sure our day to day goals are met. one difficult part of my job can be the amount of administrative tasks to be done day to day. Luckily there is a wonderful management team and collaborative support staff that are always there to assist with any task or questions I may have. if you enjoy a fast paced work environment, that is both challenging and rewarding you will enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Pay, hours, free coffee
Cons
can be very busy at times
Ambitious and growing company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 21, 2018
SavATree is growing rapidly and gives its employees incredible opportunities to learn and grow their career. The culture has become much more employee centered over the past several years under a new wave of managers at the corporate level.
Pros
Hard work is rewarded with career advancement and financial gain
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and poorly run, 401k is very weak
Work your pace outside
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Great work environment. Most management is competent and cares. Some are not and do not. Pros and cons to all jobs. This company’s pros far ourweigh the cons.
Pros
Work outdoors great hourly pay
Cons
Many hours
Fast paced, exciting, dynamic organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2018
SavATree is a fast paced, dynamic organization striving for continuous improvement. Advancement opportunities are numerous in various roles as the company is growing very rapidly. That rapid rate of growth can sometimes lead to breakdowns or the need to overhaul processes, but the culture openly accepts that necessary change and involves employee feedback at all levels.
Trial run
Plant Health Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 7, 2018
Took a break from retail world and gave a shot at spray tech. Seemed OK, but realized long term was not in my future. Work environment too corporate and didn't seem to have flexibility to be one's self.
Positive change in pace
Talent Acquisition and Career Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYMay 3, 2018
SavATree is an opportunity I took to challenge myself and get a different perspective in Talent Acquisition from a different industry. The organization, opportunity, and development of the company, exceed that from which I would've assumed looking at them from the outside as just a "landscaping" company, and would highly recommend an opportunity here. It promotes a positive quick paced work environment where career growth is available in the different work groups, management inspires to think differently and commit to your actions which helps get the job and done and helps you develop through experience. The company culture consists of friendly people who make an effort to treat you like the person you are instead of some cog in the wheel, and also nurture ones potential. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing that while working here you aren't dedicating your time to earn a living, but dedicating your time to make an impact on a brand that'll continue to grow and knowing that you're playing a role in that.
Fast paced work environment that required much multi-tasking
Arborist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at SavATree. There was always projects/tasks that needed to be completed which kept me busy throughout the workday. Part of my job was being an arborist assistant. I was the assistant to two of the highest grossing arborists in the company in addition to various other projects. My work was fast, accurate and professional. I developed a relationship with many clients due to my excellent customer service skills.
Pros
I had a great relationship with my coworkers and got to interact with client's on a one on one basis
Cons
There was no opportunity to move up in the company
Toxic Administrative Atomphere
Routing Coordinator (seasonal contracted) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 5, 2018
work hard to design routes for technicians
heavy phone interactions with clients
Administrative support system criticizing
goal expectations set high
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Goal Expectations very high
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Old Brookville, NYFebruary 24, 2018
The people are awesome, its a great atmosphere and an even better working environment. You should know how to work a computer, since most of the work is using the companies program, also should be very comfortable on the phone, since you will be calling a lot of people you don't know. If you're not comfortable with this, this job isn't for you.
Overall position
Plant Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at SavAtree. It was a great learning and growing experience. I am very driven by science and decided to seek employment in an industry more closely related to my degree.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long hours, unbalanced work/social life
productive and funu and engaging work place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYJanuary 21, 2018
I would rate my experience there a 10 out of 10. everyone was extremely supportive and kind. there was always time given by others to teach. I believe it was a very beneficial
Great group of people all very knowledgeable about their work
Arborist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2018
I love this place! The management is open for advice and always willing to talk. Everyone is friendly. Equipment fairly well taken care of. Safety is a constant priority here and even what I would consider a "culture". Lawn guys get lots of overtime, plant health care too, but laid off in Winter usually. Tree care guys work 7 to 4 and have well maintained equipment and expense accounts for purchasing climbing gear.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Maybe laid off during winter depending on your position
Getting Better
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 27, 2017
The reviews floating around the internet are not entirely true. I think in every company you have people who are selfish and have no empathy.

This is a job working for a corporate company with guidelines and processes. Not a mom and pop establishment. But with that comes the ability to develop a long term career. It's also a place that cares about the safety of their employees. Things have changed over the past 20+ years and if everyone would just take a peek over the fence, they'd realize it.

Change is imminent everywhere, and for the record, I've see improvement moving forward. Don't let the bad reviews sway you. Work hard, work honestly and respect others and you'll benefit from the great things this company has to offer.
Pros
Teamwork, competitive pay, benefits and the ability to develop a career.
Cons
Tainted reviews online, disconnect with corporate offices
Disappointing Branch Manager
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNNovember 9, 2017
While my coworkers in the field were incredible, the management was disorganized and chaotic. The atborists in charge rarely did their jobs, and a non-arborist receptionist had to take up a lot of the slack, which caused major issues in the field.
Great People, No Possibility of Growth
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NY 10507August 30, 2017
I was not provided all the experience I was originally told I would be given. It turned into a great opportunity to learn my field into just typing information in a database. However, working there was an incredible experience I would never take back. At savatree you will find some incredible people. These people are genuine and make the whole job worth it.
great place to starts
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYJune 30, 2017
Great place to start your career. Most people only work here for a couple of years before moving forward. It helps you get the corporation feeling of things since they act like it with management.
Not a good place. Would avoid.
Replaceable laborer (Former Employee) –  NJJune 19, 2017
Don't work here. If you are a laborer, a typical day at work involves working in a very dangerous industry to the point of fatigue. You'll be unappreciated, treated like pond scum and underpaid by an old boy network of drunks and fools who profit greatly while you risk your life.

If you have management aspirations and enjoy helping people reach their personal and professional goals, don't work here. You will be forced to lower your standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SavATree. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about