SavATree Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work your pace outside
Lawn Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
Great work environment. Most management is competent and cares. Some are not and do not. Pros and cons to all jobs. This company’s pros far ourweigh the cons.
Pros
Work outdoors great hourly pay
Cons
Many hours
Fast paced, exciting, dynamic organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2018
SavATree is a fast paced, dynamic organization striving for continuous improvement. Advancement opportunities are numerous in various roles as the company is growing very rapidly. That rapid rate of growth can sometimes lead to breakdowns or the need to overhaul processes, but the culture openly accepts that necessary change and involves employee feedback at all levels.
Trial run
Plant Health Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 7, 2018
Took a break from retail world and gave a shot at spray tech. Seemed OK, but realized long term was not in my future. Work environment too corporate and didn't seem to have flexibility to be one's self.
Positive change in pace
Talent Acquisition and Career Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYMay 3, 2018
SavATree is an opportunity I took to challenge myself and get a different perspective in Talent Acquisition from a different industry. The organization, opportunity, and development of the company, exceed that from which I would've assumed looking at them from the outside as just a "landscaping" company, and would highly recommend an opportunity here. It promotes a positive quick paced work environment where career growth is available in the different work groups, management inspires to think differently and commit to your actions which helps get the job and done and helps you develop through experience. The company culture consists of friendly people who make an effort to treat you like the person you are instead of some cog in the wheel, and also nurture ones potential. The most enjoyable part of the job is realizing that while working here you aren't dedicating your time to earn a living, but dedicating your time to make an impact on a brand that'll continue to grow and knowing that you're playing a role in that.
Toxic Administrative Atomphere
Routing Coordinator (seasonal contracted) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 5, 2018
work hard to design routes for technicians
heavy phone interactions with clients
Administrative support system criticizing
goal expectations set high
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Goal Expectations very high
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Old Brookville, NYFebruary 24, 2018
The people are awesome, its a great atmosphere and an even better working environment. You should know how to work a computer, since most of the work is using the companies program, also should be very comfortable on the phone, since you will be calling a lot of people you don't know. If you're not comfortable with this, this job isn't for you.
Overall position
Plant Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at SavAtree. It was a great learning and growing experience. I am very driven by science and decided to seek employment in an industry more closely related to my degree.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long hours, unbalanced work/social life
productive and funu and engaging work place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYJanuary 21, 2018
I would rate my experience there a 10 out of 10. everyone was extremely supportive and kind. there was always time given by others to teach. I believe it was a very beneficial
Great group of people all very knowledgeable about their work
Arborist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 10, 2018
I love this place! The management is open for advice and always willing to talk. Everyone is friendly. Equipment fairly well taken care of. Safety is a constant priority here and even what I would consider a "culture". Lawn guys get lots of overtime, plant health care too, but laid off in Winter usually. Tree care guys work 7 to 4 and have well maintained equipment and expense accounts for purchasing climbing gear.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Maybe laid off during winter depending on your position
Getting Better
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 27, 2017
The reviews floating around the internet are not entirely true. I think in every company you have people who are selfish and have no empathy.

This is a job working for a corporate company with guidelines and processes. Not a mom and pop establishment. But with that comes the ability to develop a long term career. It's also a place that cares about the safety of their employees. Things have changed over the past 20+ years and if everyone would just take a peek over the fence, they'd realize it.

Change is imminent everywhere, and for the record, I've see improvement moving forward. Don't let the bad reviews sway you. Work hard, work honestly and respect others and you'll benefit from the great things this company has to offer.
Pros
Teamwork, competitive pay, benefits and the ability to develop a career.
Cons
Tainted reviews online, disconnect with corporate offices
Disappointing Branch Manager
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNNovember 9, 2017
While my coworkers in the field were incredible, the management was disorganized and chaotic. The atborists in charge rarely did their jobs, and a non-arborist receptionist had to take up a lot of the slack, which caused major issues in the field.
Great People, No Possibility of Growth
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NY 10507August 30, 2017
I was not provided all the experience I was originally told I would be given. It turned into a great opportunity to learn my field into just typing information in a database. However, working there was an incredible experience I would never take back. At savatree you will find some incredible people. These people are genuine and make the whole job worth it.
great place to starts
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYJune 30, 2017
Great place to start your career. Most people only work here for a couple of years before moving forward. It helps you get the corporation feeling of things since they act like it with management.
Not a good place. Would avoid.
Replaceable laborer (Former Employee) –  NJJune 19, 2017
Don't work here. If you are a laborer, a typical day at work involves working in a very dangerous industry to the point of fatigue. You'll be unappreciated, treated like pond scum and underpaid by an old boy network of drunks and fools who profit greatly while you risk your life.

If you have management aspirations and enjoy helping people reach their personal and professional goals, don't work here. You will be forced to lower your standards.
Loved working in the Mamaroneck location
Office Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYJune 5, 2017
Small office with great employees. If I hadn't moved I would still be there.

As an office assistant I supported the whole team from the branch manager down to the field crew. Very phone heavy work.
Worth the effort and fairly compensated for it.
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountainside, NJDecember 15, 2016
Early shift that starts at 7:00 a.m.
Drive truck from location to location to apply materials to lawns.
Work with technology (tablets) to enter in information about each stop.
Learned several technical terms about lawns and weeds.
Management is very fair.
Management gives you what you need to complete job tasks.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is large sizes of lawns (bigger than 15,000 square feet).
The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients (homeowners).
Pros
Great benefits. Good rate of pay. Good hours. Overtime available.
Cons
Lunch only half-hour. Work out of truck entire day.
Great work to be done and fun work; but work/life balance is poor
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYOctober 14, 2016
Great work to be done and fun work; but work/life balance is poor.

I did a lot of traveling to college fairs and industry convections; environment was fun and youthful.

Enjoyed the flexibility of leaning about the different branches by going out into the field with the arborists and tree crews.
Pros
great clientele; beautiful properties maintained; fun colleagues; ability to work independently
Cons
limited raises; cullture is cut-throat
Enjoyed colleagues and the experience of working for larger firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Many intelligent colleagues and was able to learn a lot more about my business and how it compared to the operations of a larger, national company.
Cons
healthcare
Great place
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work and the staff is filled with quality individuals. Fast paced environment and one can gain plenty of experience.
Not disgruntled but telling the truth
Technician (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 19, 2015
If so many people are saying the same thing there must be some truth to it.

If you are looking for a longterm career with a company that cares about its employees keep looking this is not the place for you. People come and go like clockwork and the only people who matter are management. We are all replaceable it doesnt matter how long you have been with the company or how hard you work.

The advancement opportunities and growth potential arent what they make it to be and most people leave and go work for someone else because they get frustrated.

Management does not have the trust of employees. You are considered a "problem" if you bring up any issues of work or personal so dont bother.

I have seen to many people have bad experiences and bad things to say about this company and while I keep my head down and do my work I wish I had known better before I started here.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not a good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SavATree. Our community is ready to answer.