Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,266 reviews matching the search See all 2,275 reviews
fun & energetic workplace
meatcutter (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJuly 17, 2018
as long as you were willing, there was always a opportunity to learn an strengthen current work skills and learn new ones. You had a good chance to interact with people.
Great job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
It was a fun environment. The people there are cool. I would recommend you work there it was a great experience. I would do it again but I found something else
stock/cashier
Cashier stock (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAJuly 16, 2018
slow pace company new and the area as for right now maybe more customers started coming to shop their nice employee to work with but its a new store so things might have pick up i enjoyed the time there wish it could be more
The owner is something eles
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 16, 2018
It;s her way or No way! She doesn't talk to you, she yells at you. This lady doesn't have any self control. I believe that she is nice outside of work. Good Luck
Not enough hours on this job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LaBelle, FLJuly 16, 2018
I didnt expect to get little bit of hours on this job. I enjoyed getting along with coworkers and my manager. I just disnt make enough and got paid biweekly.
Love this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
With save a lot this was my first job being a cashier but I really liked it it was very demanding some days we where very busy and days where we was not busy
Not enough hours to live off of
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 15, 2018
They dont keep promises you cant pay your bills working here.they treat you like slaves .the ceo are very racists. And very low pay.and very liile hours.
Pros
Goos job to work if you dont have bills
Cons
They lie alot
Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 14, 2018
I do not have a very high opinion of the former parent company of Save A Lot. I do not know anything about the current ownership. The independent owner that I worked for was a great owner.
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 14, 2018
If the save a lot were I worked at didn’t close there doors I would still be working there, cuz I enjoyed everything about that job. It was my very first job before having kids., so yeah it was enough money for me to save a little at a time., but once they decided to close the store for good I was so sad :(
Pros
I loved the job
Cons
Enjoyable
Stressful and long hours
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDJuly 14, 2018
Management was ok. Other co workers sucked. Your pay is based off of how many cases you pick in a hour so everyone in there is in such a rush that they don’t care they will practically run you over if you don’t move. Long hrs you have a case count to pick before you can leave so if your not the fastest or your getting all the bad orders expect to be there 10-12 hrs a day 4-5 days a week. The freezer is extremely cold so that pretty much drains your body.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours, cold, other employees
Laid back
Meat Wrapper/Equipment Cleaner (Current Employee) –  LaSalle, ILJuly 13, 2018
Fun place to work. Laid back no stress everyone gets along because the job isn’t hard. No reasons for drama. Manager is chill. Low amount of employees so hours are always available.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Low pay
It could be a good first job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2018
This company is good to work for your first job. Or even moving up the ladder. The management is very poorly conducted. Other thing High turn over rate.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Poor management
Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 12, 2018
I worked as a cashier for around 7 or so months. After being there for 5 they hired three new people. All those people got the chance to run the office and i was not asked. I was supposed to be moved 2 different times to different departments but was never moved. Two of the office people are very rude and stuck up and not very helpful. One of the swore at me in front of a customer at my station. When i was sick i had problems calling off and was mistreated when i came back for doing so. At times i wasnt given breaks when i shouldve been. The one day i didnt get my break until a half hour after i was scheduled for it. Most of the people are very nice to work with but 2 office managers. The one is always outside smoking and doesnt really do her job and if she does she doesnt do it very well. And the other one is.very rude and talks down to you. You will be the only one on register sometimes well the other cashiers are out side smoking or getting carts or in the bathroom or just walking around the store. And soms of them get mean when you ask them to get back to thier register to help.
Pros
Cons
The breaks are short and not good management
Unprofessional in a good sometimes bad way
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belpre, OHJuly 11, 2018
Family owned and clique based work place will work with you when you have personal matters to attend to but will not work with you long term if you intend on better yourself as in pursuing an education and a career
Pros
No rules on call offs when emergency arise
Cons
Will not work with college schedules etc
The owner is awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albion, NYJuly 10, 2018
When you’re a cashier here you are also a cart pusher, a stocker, and maintenance. It’s fast paced most days. I loved my job, unless the owner came in. He yells at his employees and gives no encouragement or positivity. He actually screamed at the cashiers in front of customers. Also: you get paid by the quarter of the hour (if you click in 5 mins early you don’t get paid for those 5 mins), you don’t get a lunch when you work a 6 hour shift you have to work 6 1/2 or more, and you get paid minimum wage even though you do EVERYTHING
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Everything else
Ok place to work most stores in low income areas
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2018
It isn't a bad place to work they expect a lot with minimal help. All store managers are involved hands on in each department. Earn sick time for each hours worked wihich can be a plus
Fun, fast paced place to work.
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILJuly 9, 2018
Enjoyed working for them, but higher management was difficult to work for. Employees were all fun to work with. The manager always helped you to better what you were doing.
Pros
Paid breaks, fun atmosphere.
Cons
Higher management, too few employees.
Typical Retail Job, Be Prepared for Anything
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Senior manager was amazing, but other managers failed to manage time well. Beyond that, once you understand the tasks required to do the job effectively, it's all just a matter of keeping things tidy and managing the flow of customers.
Unprofessional and Hostile Working Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 9, 2018
If you come to work in a good mood, you will be harrassed and groups of other employees will publicly make fun of you. There is one manager that will short your cash drawer of she doesn't like you.
It’s was ok not. Great
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 8, 2018
It was ok for someone trying to get work experience under your belt and build a resume. It provides ok work hours and conditions. The overall feel of the place is pretty relaxed but it all boils down to money and unless you are into management you have very little pay and chance of advancing
Pros
Flexible for free time outside of work
Cons
Terrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save-A-Lot.

Powered by Comparably