Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Found 72 reviews matching the search See all 3,030 reviews
Cashier / stocker
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,ohioJune 15, 2019
You dont get that many hours It only be 2 cashies . you have to scan within 27 mins which is hard if they have a cart full or more . other than that its ok
Poor Leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2019
Its disappointing to have to write this because Save a Lot was a company I had at one time hoped to be with for a long time. But it's like the old saying goes, people dont quit jobs, they quit bosses. The money was never an issue.

Leadership in this company is inconsistent with their standards. Regional leadership focuses solely on the negative while instilling a sense of fear that your job may be next. Your stores numbers could be excellent and it wouldn't matter if there was a spot on a banana, you were clearly incapable of performing your job in their eyes.

I've never spoken poorly of an employer but unless leadership in this company and especially this region doesnt change I honestly could not recommend this company to anyone.

-you are scheduled 50/hrs week as store manager. Expect to work 60
-no work life balance. Always on call. District managers texting all day and evening.
-horrible pay rates for part time associates means high turnover.
-great employees come and go due to a lack of opportunity for them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Read review
Management is really poor, so is the pay!
Co Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2019
This job overall is really bad. They don't train well and pay is really bad.. I've worked there for 10 years, made the same amount for the last 5 years. They do not care about employees... Management is lazy. expect the non management employees to do their jobs. The best thing about the job is every week pay and the customers. Security is bad too... Its almost impossible to get hired full time and your raises is based on the amount of hours you work. You will start off at min wage... First raise will be after 200 hours...
Pros
Every Friday is pay day.
Cons
Hard to get full time and hires at min wage.
an okay place
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2019
a typical day at work is slow they have one person on register working hard her herself,the manager do not be equal with hours,he also give you one day a week and another person five days ,
Pros
staff is great to work with
Cons
do not get paid enough for the labor, manager isnt fair with the hours
save a lot was a good place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2019
A typical day at was opening over seeing staff I learn that everyone has different personalities and you have to stay professional at all times the manager was great he took time to listen to you if you had any ideas to help better the store. There really was no hard part about the job. the most enjoyable part about the job was meeting different people from all different back grounds.
If you like to stay busy,this place is perfect.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2019
There are too many changes going on with new ownership.We currently have a manager out on leave,and there isn't any help given,left to fend for ourselves.If you have any children,do not plan on seeing them .
Waste of time working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2018
I had a great amount of hours, but that is the only positive thing of working there. Disrespectful mangers An very unprofessional. Owners are rude an difficult.
Pros
30 hours or more
Cons
Terrible work environment
I enjoy workig there, people are friendly
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2018
It's fast paced job. The only problem I have is not enough hours and pays minimum wage, otherwise I can not complain. Manager is friendly and so are the rest of people that work in the store.
staffing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2018
the staffing at save-a-lot is terrible. there is never enough cashiers. the lines be down the aisle. the cashiers are very friendly however, and always greets you with a smile.
I stuck all day and I help do Check people out
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2018
It’s a cool job but you do not get paid that much and you do not get no paid time off I just do not like working a minimum wage job that’s why I really want to leave
Its a great job for a teenager
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2018
This job is laid back and cool for somebody who just needs a job. A lot of the people who work here use this job as a stepping stone. It is a great second or third job if you are looking to have multiple jobs.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2018
Fast pace environment. This job hires a lot of people and loses a lot of people at the same time. Very easy work. Most customers are not ignorant but others on the other hand sometimes are pretty rude.
Save alot
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
I really didn't enjoy save a alot. I was just there for the money but I did do my job and I had very good customer service and I enjoyed my customers and I made a fast pace environment.
nice people
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2018
Being a cashier and stocker, I learned new thing about our company every week almost, my boss is a very cool person just recently gave me more hours and responsibility.
Pros
15 or 30 minuts break
Slow paced and fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2018
Working with thus company has showed me to be more productive and fast paced.. Have a great customer service skills and to work with many things at the same time
Great job
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
It was a fun environment. The people there are cool. I would recommend you work there it was a great experience. I would do it again but I found something else
good first job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2018
Save A Lot is a good job for a a person in school or wanting to advance their career in another field. They do not pay much but will work with you and try to give you some type of guide.
the job was better than the work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2018
i loved being a cashier it was my first ever job & i would love to be a cashier again but the managment was so poor at save aloy. the employees were great.
Good company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2018
Hires within. opportunity for advancement. Can follow the company mission more closely. Gave me the opportunity to grow and learn. Prepared me for a future career.
It wasnt fun to be there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2018
I like it for someone that's in high school. Stay out the way an just do your job. They actually need to pay people more if your going to fire the cleaning people that vome in the morning.
Pros
You make friends.
Cons
The pay wasnt good enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Save-A-Lot.

Powered by Comparably