Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Found 86 reviews matching the search See all 3,030 reviews
Not enough hours given
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2019
Nice customers. Management needed work. Must be 18 and older to be employed with this company.********************************************************
Butt kissing and favortism
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2019
You will work like a dog while management and upper management's favorites walk around all day. Managers will play favorites and if you complain RETALIATION. Females on lower levels face discrimination, as male workers are favored.
Management will be unprofessional and talk bad about you. No direction or training for new staff.
If you complain, HR is in the company pocket. Seen many quit or fired for altercations with managers speaking to them poorly. After you go they will talk and lie on you,even to customers.
Soon as you make to much money,they will try to fire you and lie as to why.
They cut hours and want to use you as a cashier then when your own work is not completed,they denegrate you or cut hours as punishment. You are lucky if you get any breaks.
Work load is unrealistic.
Expect you in a 4 to 6 hour shift,do produce,caahier,eggs,milk,stock,carts. Most the stores in bad neighborhoods where the customers are rude and aggressive. Almost got punched in the face by a customer and management took customers side when i walked away.
Gang mentality in management.
Pros
None, Sinking ship, Worst place to work.
Cons
Lazy managers/co workers, Overworked. Only get hours or promotions if you are a rat, Snitch, Suckup, Buttkisser. No future
No longer a great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2019
Micro managing at its worst
Work life balance isn’t a consideration for store management
Lots of demands with no regard for labor hours provided
Unwilling to listen to store management about customer needs of a particular location
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Save a lot is a pretty good place to work in because the managers and trainers are very nice & they help a lot of people get to where they want to be.
Save alot was a busy and fun place to work. Dealing with customers everyday was a great experience.
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
A day at save alot was very productive starting off every morning i would half to check all produce in front of the store to make sure it wasn't any mold on them. Also a truck that is broken down and seperated from meat, goods, milk and produce.
Pros
Cheap meals for lunch and flexible schedules were good at save alot.
Cons
The breaks were short and it was only few employees working the receiving room.
This job was crazy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Very very very poor management they didnt want to hire new ppl they didng have enough help at all in none of the department in the store they had to pull p everywhere
Pros
Discounts on food items
Cons
Not enough money
Save A Lot
cashir, stockers (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2019
This was a ok Job to work at just until something better comes along. The mangers don't really care about the employees or customers for that matter. Not a great place to work
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
mangers
Great people
Create and maintained effective liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
I like working there on a daily basic my co workers is very nice the job always get done there is never no problem with the managers I don't find my job hard at all.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Short breaks
Good place
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2018
This place is a good spot to start and you got chances to advance in higher position you just have to give the time and effort and you will trust me and you will love this job if your great with customers
Fun working area
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
My review on save-a-lot was not bad. I LOVED Working there. And didnt have a problem with work. Ny problem was with my day getting cut short. And gicing me barely any days to work
fun fair cool
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at save a lot the team members are awesome the managers are fair and nice to work with. I learned how to stock the shelves in the store and back of the store. I also Cleaned Bathrooms anything they needed me to do.
Pros
Good Customer Service
Cons
No Store Discount
Great workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
Working as a freezer stock employee was definitely a task all on its own. Loved my job there until I had to relocate. One of the best job I've ever had. Everyone was friendly and got along great.
it not good there
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
it is not a good job no over time and if you did over time you will have to give back by going home a day it suck never will tell some one to work there manager do care about there work
Cons
suck
Temporary employment job
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
I work very hard and sometimes dont feel appreciated for it so i want to expabd to make more money and make career. Save alot pays the lowest amont of money for meat cutters.
No career advancement
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
I worked six days week. some days I worked almost 12 hour days without any assistance. Management was very unprofessional. My job description did not match my hourly pay.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low wages, long hours, poor management
Physical work for management. Unprofessional atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2018
Save a Lot is very demanding of you physically and the work/life balance is poor. As with most retail positions you are required to work most holidays and shifts are ridiculous.Fast paced however, gives you the ability to lead a team.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
No breaks, sporadic schedule, retention is poor
Improved the overall operation of the C-Store
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2018
I brought with me a wealth of experience in the Food Service industry. Since I had owned my own Deli, Pizza Shop andBar Restaurant I knew how to fix many problems. For instance the food costs were out of control with the sandwiches. I instituted a portion control system which brought costs in line.
One way to increase sales and help the bottom line even more was the making of Pizza from scratch. In turn I taught the system to all the Campus Dining Kitchens.
Pros
Always challanged by Management with the ability to implement my way.
Cons
Did not like the late hours.
Poor working evironment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2018
Very low pay rate, not enough work hours, In addition, the employees are lazy because management does not instill proper work habits in the employees.
Productive and fin
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working at save alot. I took care of everything I needed to during my time there, but now I'm looking fo something different.
Pros
Nice breaks
Typical Retail Job, Be Prepared for Anything
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Senior manager was amazing, but other managers failed to manage time well. Beyond that, once you understand the tasks required to do the job effectively, it's all just a matter of keeping things tidy and managing the flow of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight