Save-A-Lot Employee Reviews

Found 2,966 reviews matching the search See all 2,972 reviews
Poor training poor management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 17, 2019
Could've been a good job just bad timing n very bad management received 6 days of training to run an entire store which would've been fine except when I reached out for things I didn't understand I was met with take care of it or do some hiring or complete silence
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No support
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2019
Fun fast paste. Flexible hours. Flexible on days off. Fun workplace. Good employees. Customer friendlyness. Always keeps store clean. And is willing to help with whatever training you need.
good store, nice co workers, good customers.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2019
nice job would recommend too kids still in school looking for job opportunity's as I did, easy work with good management with reasonable work schedules.
Cashier / stocker
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,ohioJune 15, 2019
You dont get that many hours It only be 2 cashies . you have to scan within 27 mins which is hard if they have a cart full or more . other than that its ok
It is okay
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newaygo, MIJune 14, 2019
Managment sucked
Assistant managers were stealing money, getting high on breaks, fighting with other associates, major attitude problems. Basically ran by ignorant jerks. Not worth it. Ran by women who sleep with bosses to keep out of trouble and get what they want.
Management is Nuts
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 13, 2019
For the pay, the work isn't worth it. You will work for hours on end, sometimes with no break and closing shifts would get the worst of the work having only two people close the whole store at times. The coworkers were great but the pay and the people you often dealt with made this job almost unbearable.
Good People
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 13, 2019
Good people haven't worked there in a while so there is not much to tell I worked in the meat department no previous meat experience in less than a month they offered me Meat Manager position.
Save-a-Lot food stores Review
Cashier and Stock Clerk (Summer Position) (Current Employee) –  DeMotte, INJune 13, 2019
When it was shipment day, coworkers and I would place grocery items on U-boats and place them onto their designated shelf. Once this was completed, we would typically maintain other areas of the store such as stocking milk and dairy, facing and de-boxing, bringing carts back inside, and putting any backstock onto shelves.
Decent place to work at.
Grocery Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Caribou, MEJune 13, 2019
Fairly low stress environment but may be somewhat physically demanding depending on the person. Must be willing to help and work with customers while maintaining a happy demeanor.
A train wreck
Fresh Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Del City, OKJune 13, 2019
I was with the store from the opening day. From day 1 it was clear the managment had no plans of conducting themselves properly. They allowed the produce supervisor to no call no show 10 times in 6 months. The company changed upper district managers 4 times in 1 year and hr was a disaster. There wasn't 1 person that you could get a straight answer from. And if there was any issues of harrassment or any other sort of issues there wasn't anyone to go to. The present manager didn't even know how to run the store. The assistant manager would have to do most of the business related work. He would just open up the store and stock the shelves when he wasn't in his office watching YouTube or baseball.
Pros
It was a paying job
Cons
Horrible Management, no employee support, unorganized company that doesn't follow its own policy.
Fast-paced and exciting
Stocker/Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, INJune 13, 2019
I loved working at Save-A-Lot. As far as grocery store jobs go, I was paid exceptionally well at my store. I felt like I was friends with all my co-workers and managers, both on and off the clock. I only left because I had to move to a new town a couple hours away. Sad to leave such a great group of workers and regular customers I knew by name.
Energetic and ready to start.
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 13, 2019
I’m ready to prove how much of a hard worker I am working here at Save-A-Lot. The hiring manager was really nice and straight forward and was also helping out the business as well all at the same time. Ready to work for her.
Ok work place if you don't have a family or bills
Store clerk at save a lot food stores (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2019
Needs more employees and hours
Needs to have more mandatory meeting and should advance more of there long time employee
They should have more full time employees
And should pay more for the work that needs to be done
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not many hours and no over time
Good work environment
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 12, 2019
The days and people are easy enough to work with. It has a steady pace with plenty to do. Customers are regulars that will be happy to see your smiling face.
Co workers were decent/ bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJune 12, 2019
Co workers were good at helping you, but management at the time was not very good.
Turnover of management was bad as well. District manager was constantly in and out of the store for various reasons I wasn’t aware of.
Stressful, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DuquoinJune 12, 2019
The person managing the store was laughable. You get a 10 minute break for an 8 hour shift. Store was dirty, and I felt like I was the only one actually doing work. One manager would often sneak to the back of the store to nap. Ridiculous.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, overworked
not the best place
Head Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bath, NYJune 12, 2019
with the older managers leaving for new jobs unless you know someone there the job is tedious with no obivous advancement oppurtunities. will see lots of favortism.
Good first job
Order Selector/Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2019
Pretty good work for a couple of years. Not a place to stay long term. Management has declined in professionalism during the past years. Would go back.
It not a bad place to work for
Meat Manager (Current Employee) –  Salyersville, KYJune 11, 2019
I work for them about 12 years there Ben lot of changers in company an a lot of promises that were not meet so who know what will happen in future at save lot
Stocker/Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 9, 2019
Work was not hard bosses were respectful not enough hours the pay could have a lot better but i enjoyed working there easy too get too work sad they closed
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
No insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight