Save-A-Lot Culture reviews

Found 502 reviews matching the search See all 3,045 reviews
Very good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 20, 2019
Honestly this was a great job. I loved working. The people were so nice. They were very understanding people. I had to leave. They were like a second family tho
Save alot
Cashier and Customer Service, stocker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2019
I love working there everyone is great from the employees to the customers they are great and very very very very friendly i really loved working there
Easy to make friends fun place to work. I loved the the fact that the better i worked the faster i moved up.
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYJuly 9, 2019
I learned so much. I can drive basically any machinery lifts etc. I loved the environment it's very competitive. You start out working on a massive freezer at -15% so most employees don't make it. They have a massive drop out rate. But I'm strong I don't quit I exeed.
Pros
Good pay and training
Cons
Unstable work hours . You never know really what your gonna be doing.
Avoid this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Ann, MOJuly 7, 2019
This is a failing company and shows no signs of improvement. The men that are in charge continue to drive this company into the ground. Don't believe positive ratings. Current employees have been encouraged to go online and give good ratings for Save-a-Lot.
Pros
Not One Thing
Cons
A terrible and unhealthy culture, no work/life balance, forced to play the CMO's game as he micro manages every aspect of merchandising
Idk
Save a lot (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 5, 2019
Nothing is hard about this job. Everything is layd back and easy. When. Busy u need to work fast. Sometimes I just don't like the rood customers.everything else is great. Thanks
Love working at save a lot
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAJuly 5, 2019
I have enjoyed working with the people. The customers are very nice, you have a few that may be unhappy with some things but nothing that cannot be settled.
Pros
Customers can be sweet people. You get attached to them.
Cons
Benefits are not the best. But i only uses my insurance when i had to.
Wonderful
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJuly 1, 2019
Working here was wonderful and satisfying. You get to know your coworkers and your customers. Downside is business surrounds SNAP benefits and Disability.
it was a fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 28, 2019
It was an ok place to work, management was very nice, my coworkers were very nice, the customers were very nice to take care of, it was very easy being a cashier, the store was clean
Good management.
Produce Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJune 27, 2019
The store manager and assistant managers where nice. They were understanding that family comes first. They also believe in helping you to become better at your job.
Fast pace physically demanding workplace.
Inventory Specialist/Warehouse Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Humboldt, TNJune 26, 2019
Fast past challenging workplace. Somewhere you can retire from. A place that challenges your physical limitations. A place that challenges your competitive drive to make a high wage per hour.
Corporate culture improving, Stores not so much
Retail (Current Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOJune 20, 2019
Corporate office culture in a large swing to improve, which is great. That swing needs to trickle down to the stores, but as hard as store employees work it is typically rewarded with tone deafness by the corporate office.
Stocker/Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 9, 2019
Work was not hard bosses were respectful not enough hours the pay could have a lot better but i enjoyed working there easy too get too work sad they closed
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
No insurance
awesome job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2019
Great job , people and even boss, I worked with awesome customers as you know customers are always right so be sure to not make them feel wrong.

(SMILE)
Great place to work and shop
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 29, 2019
Great place loved working there best job I had managers where fair employee where helpful and always gave advice when needed. Team work was number one rule
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Short breaks
Quick paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44505May 27, 2019
quickly paced environment, i learned better customer services skills and how to multi task better, my managers were very helpful when the rushes came, hardest part of the job was the rushes. the most enjoyable part was interacting with the customers.
Only as a last resort
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2019
Company has no direction upper management has no real clue what's going on they don't listen to the front line employees that's where the money is made. They are just puppets struggling to save there job a little bit longer. Culture and direction is all over the board depending on the day. They do not stay the course and store level employees suffer . Customers now see it. That's what's sad. The old saying goes that the employees are just numbers but they take it to the extreme. Best advise is stay away .
Benefits
Cons
On call 24/7 no work life balance poor top managemnt
very fun enviorment but a little fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475May 21, 2019
very busy, but coustumers and workers are very nice and chill. always have something to do. everyone who works there are treated like family. hours are flexable.
Pros
fun work enviorment
I enjoying working with others
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 13, 2019
My job at save a lot taught me how to greet customers one on one,great experience.I enjoy meeting new faces,and learning all my customers by their name.
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2019
Pros
There are a lot of pros to working here in my opinion, and a lot of evidence that my opinion is shared by many who work here. First even though The General is over 50 years old, is owned by American Family and Homesite, it feels like a very stable start up. The sales call center, in Phoenix, is pretty small compared to a lot of sales companies in it's industry and length of time in the business. There are 5 team …
Cons
Most of the cons wold be nit picky and the few that are legitimate are known and being addressed by management as it frustrated them as much as it does anyone else.
Advice to Management
I would say to try to keep the culture you have. The General is going through a lot of changes but what makes this place special is you don't have to advertise your "open door policy" or sell how accessible management is. It just is.
Great job for part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 21, 2019
Working with the people at sace a lot really made the work day go by. Fun environment and friendly co workers. It really made working part time a blast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save-A-Lot. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss