Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Loyal customers, clean and fun work Invierment fast pace,
Bakery Clerk/ Deli (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 22, 2019
I loved working for save mart supermarkets, it taught me customer service, and showed me how good some people still are, the management was great as long as u communicate with them, fellow employees were very competitive.
Pros
Benefits paid vacation
Cons
Competitive fellow employees
Challenging job
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAApril 6, 2019
This job is very demanding. A typical day at work moves quickly and requires the ability to stay focused and driven. You have to be flexible and enjoy working on somewhat repetitive tasks. If you like making conversation with customers, that's good - there isn't a lot of time to talk to co-workers. The hardest part of the job is keeping going for long hours.
management
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashlan & Cedar FresnoApril 1, 2019
setting up racks,ordering, putting stuff, away. instructing employees of their duties. keeping paperwork daily and weekly. i had to attend meetings to keep up on sales and policies.

the hardest part of job was dealing with employee problems and frustrated customers.

WORKING WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES FOR DESIRED GOALS.
Pros
Health care ins. And livable wage
Cons
dealing with angry and unreasonable customers
fun
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 26, 2019
good, busy, challenging, great coworkers, management is awesome, customers are friendly and appreciate the great quality of deli selection and great customer service we provide.
Great company
Repair and Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95355March 25, 2019
I loved my job at Save Mart, I was offered a better paying job, that is why I left Save Mart. The job I had was a great learning tool for life. Thank you for the opportunity.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
No real cons
Overall a standard part time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 24, 2019
The job is pretty cool. I get paid a realtively good amount for the work that I perform. The managers and employees are okay. They have pretty nice benefits as well.
Not a good working enviorment
Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 24, 2019
Hated going to work everyday working for Save Mart. Culture has been lost and the company is going in a different direction every quarter. The team is lost and confused. Turning over good management Team members because of poor communication and lack of direction.
No appreciation. Also, constantly reorgs. You never know when you are getting laid off.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 22, 2019
A lot of back stabbing, and getting yelled at by superiors. Inappropriate language and a team that is constantly looking for flaws to report or judt to ridicule people.

Constantly restructureing to save money. Good for them but people are just discarded for no reason.

If they like you they might move you somewhere else in the company. A lot of us weren't that lucky.
Pros
Some work from home days. Then they were stopped good pay and benefits.
Cons
Most poeple are on edge due to constant re orgs
Extremely productive and sometimes stressful
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 15, 2019
Bagging groceries and helping the customers to their car. Stocking the shelves. Frying hot food for the hot case. Making salads and sandwiches for the cold case. Sweeping the store. Washing and sanitizing the Bakery/Deli floors.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Dealing with rude customers
Management and HR are not helpful.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 14, 2019
If you have a problem with your manager, don't bother going to HR. They won't help you. Disappointing place to work, and they've had four reorganizations in the last two years.
Pros
Discount on groceries
Cons
Terrible Management
unenforced safety rules and backwards thinking employees
Stadium Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 7, 2019
they don't teach you anything on or before the job they throw you in and hope for the best.

you work with expensive and dangerous equipment every shift often moving carts and boxes that way thousands of pounds blindly without guidance
Don't make a career of this
SERVICE SPECIALIST/MULTI PURPOSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAMarch 6, 2019
An awful company to work for if you're trying to advance your career. Terrible hours, very low pay, sometimes hostile work environment. I do not recommend this job.
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2019
Still No. I shouldn't have to tell you what I think about my past company. It doesn't matter if it is annonymous. They weren't a terrible company but not amazing.
Pass
Bakery & Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2019
Not a place to stay more than a year. Management is subpar. Job security is great, but there is no room for advancement. If you want a job that treats you well, then look elsewhere.
Decent place to work
Head Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Savemart is a decent place to work if you are going to school, or looking for other options of employment. This isn't a long term career choice, but worked for the time being.
Pros
Union, pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Management, early hours
Going down
Not Provided (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Company is struggling financially. They are WAY behind technologically and are trying to improve but don't have the money to invest in new software or training. If there is training it is totally online. No travel to conferences or offsite training. Want a certification related to your job, forget it.

Super nice people to work with. Didn't meet a single bad person while working there.

Chances are they will be out of business or absorbed within 5-10 years. They are limping along but can't compete because they are so far behind.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No money, job security is none existent
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McGehee, ARFebruary 21, 2019
The job overall is ok if you weigh the pros and cons but to me the job is not worth working. minimum wage and not enough hours. The manager at the store i worked for was never direct with things often leaving me wondering how to do things that I later figured out on my own or from a co worker.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay. Not enough hours.Poor management.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2019
Savemart pharmacy made false promises, went back on their word, cut hours, and had no sight for building a strong pharmacy for the future. They had no advertising or marketing plan in place for the pharmacy to help build a strong pharmacy. Lay out of the was not conducive for good pharmacy business. It was in a location where guests or customers couldn't find us which made us not readily accessible. Even after being open a year people did not know/realize the store had a pharmacy (even doctors.)
Fun & fast paced
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 10, 2019
Dont make much money here unless u been working here for a while veey little houra available and the employees are unprofessional. It is a fun job from time to time i have made friends but its not a fun place to work
Working the people there was a lot of fun
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 9, 2019
Typical days were good and hard paced.
Manager was the worst ive ever had to work with.
I learned that job was good but also a living nightmare.
It was miserable working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight