Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Stressful,unrealistic goals,
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 6, 2018
Work and life balance almost non existent. Too many tasks not enough time. Days off are spent still trying to complete job tasks. Lunches are spent completing tasks. Supervision and other office employees look for reasons to take pictures and put blame on stores.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Number of hours. Unrealistic goals
Fast paced customer service oriented environment.
Front End Specialist & Bakery/Deli Cross (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 5, 2018
I loved my job at save-mart.
I was cross trained in the bakery/deli and got a pay bump up for working in different departments.
The people I worked with made bad days good.
The hardest work was the holidays. It was brutally busy and high levels of stress & anxiety from the workers and customers
Pros
Employee discount on holidays.
Cons
Working until midnight and having a opening shift at 6 am the next day.
Work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 28, 2018
They did not move anyone I worked with up we all stayed at our positions. They brough people from Modesto to wirk at our store so the did not have to pay as much.
Underpaid easy going job
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 24, 2018
Working there got me experience with handling customers and just overall doing tasks given to me around the store. It was an easy going job that got very repetitive
Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 24, 2018
This was a great learning experience for me. Working at Savemart produced great customer service experience as well as a hard work ethic for me. The hours however, where very hard to accommodate at times.
Don’t work here if you want to have a life
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 24, 2018
Managers didn’t care for the younger adults working there, basically worked them too much. Always let the older generation get their way with rto and hours.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
10 min breaks, low pay, crazy hours
It was a fun and great place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CA 93245July 18, 2018
I liked working there because it was fun and the employees were great to work with. The managers worked with you if you needed time off or had an issue.
supermarket
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2018
A typical day at the market I spend most of my day restocking the shelves. The managers aren't very nice but the Co workers were pretty nice. My last 2 hrs I will use them to bag the groceries up.
It was a good job and advanced very quick if you want to work
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CAJuly 11, 2018
I loved this job and was very caring towards my family life .
I worked a lot of holidays but made it through. after it all though I had a nice retirement.
Service Clerk
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2018
I would bag customers groceries, and ask/offer to help them out to the car. Go collect carts, and have mini jobs on the side while being a Service Clerk, for example; we would go sweep around the store, refill water, take out garbage, etc.
Benefits make it worthwhile
Bakery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 7, 2018
Working at Savemart is challenging and takes perseverance and a positive additude.

Our location in particular stands apart from the rest of the company. At times this means decisions made for the benefit of the corporation may not be in the best interest for our customers.

Keeping our customers happy to return means competing with big box store prices and wide selections of organic and dietary restricted selections. Our customer service is then expected to excell in order to bridge the gap with what the store lacks.
The flow of business can range from very slow to very very busy.

As an employee we are required to join the UFCW grocery workers union. This provides job security and the benefits that make the job rewarding.
Pros
Healthcare, paid vacation, dental and vision
Cons
Inconsistent schedules, high turnover
Bagger/Baker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 5, 2018
For paid weekly which is a plus. Got paid great. One of my best jobs. Always had the opportunity to move around in different departments which increased my pay.
Pros
Paid weekly
Was a good company to work for.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 5, 2018
The management was fair and good to work for. Management sent me to schooling for my last job. Hardest part of job was getting other departments to you together.
A good first job.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 1, 2018
I was a bagger/service specialist. My main job was to stay up front and bag customers groceries and help them to their cars if they wanted or needed it. I went over and above by helping out through out the store. I helped clerks and managers with any task they asked me to. I was considered very helpful and reliable. Management is more or less cooperative and understanding. The environment is fast paced and stressful, especially around holidays. Coworkers are patient as you learn your role but they do expect the best once you've been there for a while and do not appreciate things being half done. The hardest part is staying on your feet and moving for so many hours. However, it is made bearable by coworkers who are more than happy to laugh and enjoy the day when they can.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 27, 2018
Good environment, people are friendly, Having happy customers make your day, assisting them and helping makes it more better and especially to understand and know your customers need, also to the management from before was poorly due to lack of communication and co workers/employees cause issues to the New rookies, never perfect but letting you know. Hard to be hired on especially if you have criminal record or a druggies.
Pros
Time
Cons
Short breaks
Use to be a great place to work
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 25, 2018
Save Mart use to be a great place to work when I first started as a bagger. But over time they developed the "Big Business" mentality. Paid Holidays slowly disappeared over time. Labor being cut and unrealistic demands developed. Overall employee morale has tanked and customers suffer.
Pros
Cons
too many
About Savemart
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sand City, CAJune 19, 2018
Will this company provide you a somewhat decent paycheck and health benefits through the UFCW5 Union? Yes but with a morale and environment that pushes and creates stress on their employees for, in my opinion, minimum pay. An employers expectations of their employees should always correlate the wage they are paying them. I have found this company doesn't do much to bring opportunities for advancement. This company believes you need to put in time to be worthy of promotion.
Hours???
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2018
I was cross trained in three different positions, but the hours could have improved for what I was doing, the team was a good one to work for, did have a really good customer base
genuinely wonderful people
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 15, 2018
aside from teens just out of high school bringing drama from school in from time to time it is a wonderful place to work.

I made many friends here who i still stay in contact with.
Pros
job security
Cons
working till 12am
Very quick paced atmosphere a lot of customer service and money handling but overall I enjoyed my job at Save Mart
Front End Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2018
Save Mart supermarkets is a good place to work I love my job and I wish I had a supermarket in Ohio that I could transfer to cuz I would transfer my job in a minute if I could I loved working for Save Mart
Pros
Full time work and fun coworkers
Cons
Fast paced environment and a lot of customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight