Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Carson City, NV

Busy but Productive atmosphere
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in the deli department. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and helping the customers. I got really good at slicing and holding deli meat in my hand and feeling the weight of it. I helped my supervisor unload the shipments of the day. I also enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part of working there was my schedule. Needing to work weekends.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
schedule
Enjoyable work experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 18, 2017
Working at Save mart Companies is rewarding and fun most of the time. The people are great. Its nice being part of the community. The people who shop there are mostly nice. Its hard to move up from this position because there are not a lot of openings.
Pros
There is always something to do. Its fast paced.
Cons
Hard work. Not the best pay.
Nice people, bad work/life balance.
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 16, 2017
Working night crew, management wont let you leave until the job is complete. Make sure that you have a high tolerance of stress before working here.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
Bad work/life management, Passive-aggressive managers
Modern Community Pharmacy with great customers
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 28, 2013
Moderately paced community pharmacy with state and nationally certified technicians. The hardest part of job is maintaining the exact style mandated by management during workflow activities. Exceptional customer loyalty and the ability to provide immunization services are the most satisfying parts of job.
Pros
Clean, Customer Friendly, Good health benefits.
Cons
No time to perform Managed Care with patients, No salary increases for Nevada pharmacists in this chain unlike California pharmacists.
Alright job
Supervisor(Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 9, 2013
Save Mart offers large amounts of training. There are many things to be learned. They provide great training. Management has unreal expectations for you to meet. They like to give promotions without the pay. Co workers are usually really cool people as long as they are pulling their weight. The hardest part of the job is the work hours, one day you would be scheduled to work late night and the next day at 4am. This was very common for everyone. The most enjoyable part of working at Save Mart is meeting new people and learning to work with all types of people
Pros
health benefits
Cons
.Unreal expectations
Stay Away!!
Grocery Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 29, 2012
Savemart was a terrible place to work. I worked for Albertson's and then Savemart took our store over. The manager's set unattainable goals and disciplined employees on very minor issues in order to build a file to use against them later. Lots of drama because they hired low class people.
Pros
there were no pro's
Cons
poor management