Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Chico, CA

I got a family from working at SaveMart
Multipurpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 15, 2018
I got some lifelong friends from working at SaveMart. My coworkers were what made the job tolerable. I was able to become a cashier a year after being hired as a courtesy clerk. But my managers were kind of terrible and treated certain people certain ways. Being at the bottom of the totem pole sucked, especially with senior cashiers who were being payed 2x to 3x times more than me. They got whatever they wanted while I got whatever was left. Standing all day isn’t fun but being let out on the floor was a nice escape. Whenever we did store promotions for pans and stuff: the literal worst. And being forced to try and recruit people for our card was awful. But! I wouldn’t change anything about my experience though. I learned a lot and I actually did have some fun.
Pros
Great coworkers, good breakroom
Cons
Short breaks, standing all day, management
Good for a short period of time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 26, 2017
This job is good to high school-ers who just need to make some money and who are also in need of life and communication skills. However the management there was not like any other store.
average
Ive been merchandising for the last (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 1, 2016
management is rude, arrogant, and does not care for their employees, the job gets harder every year, and wages and benefits have flat lined, they do not provide the tools or labor to get the job done
First Time Job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 27, 2016
Overall I think this place is an good company to work for as a first time job. Working at any business or company you will deal customers from all types and ranges. A typical day at work for my job description usually involved working with customers and helping them with whatever they require. I have learned many things working for Savemart as a first time job. I would say that the hardest part is the rescheduling every week with the hours. Due to a set school schedule I usually work a somewhat set schedule. But other times I deal with random schedules each week. The coworkers I worked with were very friendly and were of all age ranges. Overall I would rate the job as a 3.5 but since I could not I rated it as a 4.
Pros
Union, employees, and benefits
Cons
Hours
Benefits are Good.
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chico,CAMay 13, 2015
The organization is well managed but lacks the ability to help employees feel a part of the company's successes. There is an us vs. them mentality and it could be managed better by treating employees as better.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
odd hours
Productive place to work yet it wasn't my ideal work environment
Service Specialist, Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 15, 2013
I worked the front end half of my shift, bagging groceries and taking them out for the customer. After lunch I was an utility clerk and was in charge of emptying trashing cans, cleaning restrooms, dusting, wiping down glass doors, using floor scrubber for outside patio and cleaning up any spills that happened in the store. I learned to work in a fast paced mode while using effective time management skills to finish what was needed before leaving work. On my extra time, I helped with small projects including making bails, putting up displays, and facing products in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was to make sure I didn't fall behind time because there was always more to do. The most enjoyable part was being busy all the time, so my shifts went by quick as long as I stayed productive doing my work at all times.
Good job while going to school.
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 4, 2013
Depending on the shift that I am scheduled I would either throw the load, write the orders for the load, do inventory, do food production, serve customers, close and clean the department or work the barbecue outside the store cooking tri-tips, ribs, chicken and sausage.
Pros
Flexible work times, guaranteed hours and health benefits.
Cons
Not very mentally stimulating.