Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Grass Valley, CA

Faced paced and forever evolving
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 8, 2018
This is a family company but it’s all about supply and demand in this business. Schedules cover any and all hours. You are always working for the customer. It can be hectic but the people here can be like a second family.
Benefits make it worthwhile
Bakery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 7, 2018
Working at Savemart is challenging and takes perseverance and a positive additude.

Our location in particular stands apart from the rest of the company. At times this means decisions made for the benefit of the corporation may not be in the best interest for our customers.

Keeping our customers happy to return means competing with big box store prices and wide selections of organic and dietary restricted selections. Our customer service is then expected to excell in order to bridge the gap with what the store lacks.
The flow of business can range from very slow to very very busy.

As an employee we are required to join the UFCW grocery workers union. This provides job security and the benefits that make the job rewarding.
Pros
Healthcare, paid vacation, dental and vision
Cons
Inconsistent schedules, high turnover
Great Place To Work
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 26, 2018
This Job was one of the best places ive ever worked it has tons of room for advancement to move up the people who i worked with are really nice and easy to work with, they teach very well the managers are fantastic at their jobs i believe this would be a great place to work for as a career
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Union, Heath Care, 401k options
Cons
I do not have any cons
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 4, 2014
Fast paced, always on the go... Lots of room for improvement
Pros
co-workers
Cons
managment
It was a good job.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMay 16, 2014
The job was a good one. I didn't always love what i was doing but I did get the opportunity to work with some amazing people that made it all worth while. Although most of the tasks were less desirable, I stuck with it and always gave 100%. The hardest part of this job was getting carts in the parking lot. It did not matter if it was 100 degrees outside or 20 and snowing you still had to do it. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting so many great people that i still talk too.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
short breaks, crazy hours
Small Company
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grass ValleyDecember 15, 2013
Needs to update stores to look better and use new tech. Management was poor in communicating with others. No route to advancing
great place for work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  grass valley,caApril 22, 2013
A typical day at work would be busy and working with coworkers as a team. The management would be pretty good unless your dishwasher. The coworkers at Meteo's would kind of relate to the movie Resturaunt
The hardest part of my job was the long day, my most enjoyable part of my day would be clocking in and clocking out, but the best feeling is going home and knowing I am doing it again tomorrow and the feeling of just working and the achievement I have accomplished!