Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Madera, CA

Productive and great people to work with
Service specialist (Current Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 22, 2018
It’s a job that requires hard work and great customer service with outstanding management! Great environment to work in as long as you are a likeable person
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work, requires team work and a smile on your face
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 21, 2018
Save mart was the best first job I could possibly start with straight out of high school. Save mart helped me establish and experience a variety of skills, especially customer service!!!!. Great Job highly recommend!!!!.
Pros
weekly pay, great health insurance, union, 401k, and more oppurtunities
Cons
The schdule is not consitant, and hours fluctuate
Bagger/Baker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 5, 2018
For paid weekly which is a plus. Got paid great. One of my best jobs. Always had the opportunity to move around in different departments which increased my pay.
Pros
Paid weekly
decent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Greet Everyone. Assign everyone's job task for the day. Review communication from my assistant from the previous night. Review emails, customer complaints. Meetings to discuss weekly projects and policy changes. The hardest part of the job is firing someone and not enough time to finish work always rushing. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and working with different people.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
difficult to advance with company
Productive, customer service oriented workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 21, 2013
As soon as I clocked in I had to make sure my tie was straight and my apron was neat, then I go to a cash register stand and proceed to checkout customers and their groceries.

Here, being my first job, I learned good work ethic and putting the store first, customer service above all, cash handling, and helping others.

The key carrier/supervisors were incredibly good managers working with employees and helping out as best they could. Unfortunately the store manager and the assistant store manager were not very good. The treatment of the employees was not very good. The head manager was quite strict and seemed like he didn't care about the people who worked for him. I even had a vacation cancelled without any notice ahead of time.

The hardest part was balancing work and school. There were times when I had to change my schedule at work because I had school at a certain time, even though I gave them my school schedule.

I enjoyed working with my coworkers because the fun we had made working bearable. I also liked being the reliable one to go in and cover a shift or help out when the store needed. I was known to call in to see if they needed me to go in early to work.
Pros
Really good health benefits and reasonable lunch hours
Cons
Treatment of employees is not very good. Overtime after 10 hours. 9.5 hour work day without overtime, and short breaks.