Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Marysville, CA

3.3Job Security & Advancement
Overall great workplace
Multi-Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAJuly 1, 2017
Good work environment, the neighborly feel and kind regular customers make it worth being there. There is opportunity within the company to anyone willing to work hard.
Worst 2 years of my life
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMay 2, 2016
I worked here for 2 years and the managers played favorites and it was obvious , the co workers were great for the most part it was really management. They would give new employees more hours than older employees. One of the key carriers would basically do whatever she wanted and would snitch if someone else would do the smallest thing like going overtime. There was a lot of discrimination towards us minorities that worked there. Especially us Mexicans. The store manager was very inappropriate and unprofessional
Pros
Cool co workers
Cons
Management, Mistreated, discrimination
productive
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMarch 4, 2014
sometimes fun.
boss would tell you to do something that you could get introuble for if the head boss came in the store and seen it.
he expected you to do no matter what even if its not your responsibility.
Awesome and eager co-workers in a productive and helpful workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CANovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work looked like, bagging groceries for customers, completing tasks given by the manager or a head clerk.
Even though I always did my best to please a customer I learned that you cannot always make everyone happy and there will always be a sour apple.
My manager was awesome always eager to answer any questions I, or anyone else had, completely outgoing and taught me anything I needed to learn about retail in a grocery store or a task needing to be completed.
The hardest part of the job for me personally would be a rude customer with nothing but negative things to say even after you tried your hardest to satisfy them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was greeting people, doing demos, making friends with my co-workers and especially those around my age, and just having fun while serving others!
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
Short breaks