Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Sacramento, CA

Service Clerk
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2018
I would bag customers groceries, and ask/offer to help them out to the car. Go collect carts, and have mini jobs on the side while being a Service Clerk, for example; we would go sweep around the store, refill water, take out garbage, etc.
Very quick paced atmosphere a lot of customer service and money handling but overall I enjoyed my job at Save Mart
Front End Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 15, 2018
Save Mart supermarkets is a good place to work I love my job and I wish I had a supermarket in Ohio that I could transfer to cuz I would transfer my job in a minute if I could I loved working for Save Mart
Pros
Full time work and fun coworkers
Cons
Fast paced environment and a lot of customer service
Great workspace to prepare you for the future
LEAD PROCUREMENT AND ACQUISITION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2018
It was a great experience to see what a real work environment looks like. I had the best coworkers ever to help complete and job needed to be done. From the top of the chain down to the bottom, everything ran smoothly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
happy place to work
Courtesy Clerk/florist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
very fast paced work environment, always full time work, family work environment, room for advancement, Company is competitive and constantly growing.
Good place to work low pay.
BAKERY DELI COMBO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Write daily duties for each clerk, over view of what was done the night before. Coach employees if needing to.. take inventory write orders, check in deliveries. Stack away loads make sure rotation is in place. Fill sale floor. Ensure all special orders are being handle. Write weekly schedule. Plan for up coming ads. Attend daily meetings.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Wages
Can be fun
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 18, 2017
Fun job when I started, but inconsistent scheduling, lack of competitive/ inconsistent pay led to resentment. They could figure out the schedule, and when they are going to raise or lower pay. There is no due process in their disciplinary policy.
Pros
Engaging retail environment.
Cons
Pay, schedule, lack of communication.
It was a job
Cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
Never anything new or exciting about coming into work. Managers used employees as they saw fit. Many jobs that were required to be done were never specific to a job title or role.
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Save Mart SuperMarkets/ As a service specialist AKA Bagger
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2017
It was fun for the most part but I was in my 20's and married and I was hoping to move up in the corporate ladder and it just wasn't happening I was working as hard as I could and it didn't matter. And I was filling in for people in the meat department and the deli when they went on vac. So I felt if they weren't going to promote me I had to find somewhere else to work that could see the a-game and potential that I could bring to the table.
Pros
Controlled Work Environment.
Cons
It takes a life time to get promoted.
summary
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2017
A typical day on the job consist of dealing with customers on a daily basis. Tending to their every need regarding groceries. Also dealing with scheduling other employees. making sure inventory is up to par.
Fun to work with.
Deli department (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2017
Going to work everyday was fun for me. Since it was my first job, I learned so much from the people around me, I was lucky enough to have those good, and supportive people. Thank you.
Used to be a good job
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 27, 2017
company is shrinking thus not much opportunity to advance. Was an ok college job. Every union contract that comes up, they take more pay and benefits away. Hours are all over the place.
Pros
decent pay if u have been there long enough
Cons
less pay and benefits than there used to be
savemart store
Service Specialist, multi clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2017
its the best store and friendliest employees that i have work. the supervisor is a good and fun person to be with and all the employees is all loving.
Pros
break and lunch
Cons
pushing carts
Excellent work environment, very friendly employees
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2016
I absolutely loved working here- nothing but smiles all day, everyday! Management is very understanding, organized, great balance between strict & friendly. Im a very 'customer-relationship' person, and this job is perfect for that. Dealing with a fair share of customers on both ends of the spectrum, time can either go by really fast, or almost too slow. But the employees make it enjoyable, nonetheless!
Productive and fun work place
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2016
lovely management for the most part. great customers and a great location. Friendly and positive place to work, great store!
Pros
Foodie Fridays
Cons
could use a bit more room for growth
productive work place
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  sacramento caOctober 19, 2015
Lots to accomplish in a day. Very fast paced. Not very much help to do the work. Can't take days off. I don't have anything else to say about this particular position at this job.
I loved my job at savemart
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2015
I loved my job at the grocery store. It offered me get options on what I could do. great place for promotions & growth In the company. I wish I was still employed there. I did mess up 1 thing. I just wish they would gave me a chance
Pros
meeet lots of great people
Cons
retail
Great work place with amazing coworkers.
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2015
My day consists of cleanliness and customer service. I work hard to keep the entire store as well as the parking lot clean and organized. I also ensure that the customers find everything they are looking for and leave happy.
Very flexible and a positive environment.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great coworkers, positive environment. it feels good to be recognized by customers and making conversation with them at work. Management cares about employees and makes sure breaks and lunches are covered. Very flexible schedules. The only part I dislike is how hard it is for advancement.
Good place to work but with absence of management
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2014
A typical day for a Service Specialist at SaveMart would be helping out customers either in-person or by phone; stocking shelves; being responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the store area, as well as the administrative offices.

However, the management was disorganized and most of the time absent. No rules, whatsoever, about disciplining co- workers for irresponsible behavior.

Co-workers were friendly and made me feel like I am part of their family from the first day of my employment there. They were eager to help me with any issues I had and respected and appreciated my role as a Service Specialist.

One of the hardest part of the job was the harsh weather conditions that we -Service Specialist- had to endure outside the parking lot of the store during heavy winters and/or hot summers.

The most enjoyable and fulfilling part of my job was helping out customers and co-workers, and in return receiving their gratitude and appreciation either with a smile or with perfect evaluations about my performance.
Pros
Flexible schedule; friendly co-workers; satisfactory wage; good benefits.
Cons
Lack of discipline and organizational skills from the management.
Stressfull!
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CaliforniaMarch 1, 2014
Stressful job that involves janitorial duties other than bagging. Hard work but they give you a lot of hours! Sometimes bathrooms get clogged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Save Mart Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight