Save Mart Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Sparks, NV

Underpaid easy going job
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 24, 2018
Working there got me experience with handling customers and just overall doing tasks given to me around the store. It was an easy going job that got very repetitive
Cashier - Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 6, 2018
A typical day, very busy at all times. I was given the opportunity to do bookkeeping which I enjoyed. The most enjoyable part was the customers. I got to know the clientele in the area.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not many
It was a grocery store
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 27, 2016
This was my first job with a pay-check. It was fine, but not without the typical retail downsides. No surprises here. Sweep, greet, get paid pennies. !
hard work, very rewarding
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 13, 2016
I learned how to relate to many different types of people during my employment , This job challenged me to be more creative, consider what the consumer would like during their shopping experience. I really enjoyed working for this company . I worked in several stores while employed thru them.
Pros
close knit co workers became like second family
Cons
long hours, sore muscles, not enough time for family functions
Good job for high school kids but thats about it
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 1, 2016
it is a very petty job. not any great health benefits and pay is the bare minimum and if you want to get promoted you have to be in the business for years.
Pros
close to home
Cons
terrible pay
really had a great time working
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 5, 2015
A typical work day for me was preparing food for the days to come. I would prep up quick meals like chicken fajitas, beef fajitas, and kobobs. At night I would clean up the department. I would make sure everything was spotless clean.
Pros
everyone had a positive attitude .
Cons
Management was tough at times.
Save Mart
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 24, 2014
I learned how to fry food, prepare salads, and use a rotisserie oven. Got better with food handling, food safety and customer service. The manager handled the department very well. She taught the department how to properly handle food and taught us an easy yet thorough way of performing job tasks. My coworkers are easy to work with. It is always a happy environment which makes it better for customers. Helping customers and performing cleaning duties it a timely matter without getting overtime can be a challenge sometimes, but when working together as a team the job gets done with no stress. Making the customers happy and working with a staff that gets along so well is enjoyable.
Pros
All employees are very nice and warming
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 20, 2012
The typical day of work at Save Mart is very fast paced and you are always moving. I learned excellent customer service skills there and enjoyed working with the public. I had many customers that would come see me and I enjoyed talking with my customers. Being in management was a bit challenging, but taught me patience and better listening skills. My co-workers were great to be around and if I had any questions about my job they were more than eager to help. The hardest part of my job were the hours and trying to mesh that with my family life, the most enjoyable were the customers.
Pros
co workers
Cons
hours